Son of Cricket or Yes, it can get smaller

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Son of Cricket or Yes, it can get smaller

Postby DANL » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:56 am

As some of you may know, I'm working the TTT side of the forum. "Son of Cricket" is about as compact as it gets short of a steamer trunk. I think one of our members outlined this general idea some time back so I'm not claiming originality for this.

Son of Cricket fits onto a Harbor Freight 40" by 48" trailer with the tongue lengthened and diagonal braced. The wheels are mounted a little further back than usual to allow space for the door.

The cabin is of superlight construction, probably one-quarter inch material with no insulation. The doors could even be rear hinged for easier access.

The front hatch lifts up and the extension drops down. During travel, the mattress folds forward into the extension and a lower hatch in the back can be used to access gear in the cabin.

The galley hatch drops down to form the counter top. Cabinets are mounted in the top 18 inches of the space and there is an area below the cabinets just large enough to fit a camp stove.

Okay--so it's not the prettiest trailer you've ever seen nor the most practical . More of a brain exercise. But it is sort of fun to think about.

:wacky
The tiny trailer in the avatar is designed to carry our recumbents and sometimes sleep in. We LOVE having a kitchen in the woods and a place for most of our gear.
Dan Jones http://sunsetlanding.com/teardrop/teardrop_intro.html
DANL
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs