So here is the design for a 6 person 4x8 camper

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

So here is the design for a 6 person 4x8 camper

Postby urban5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm

So I have seen tons of people wanting to fit 4 or more people in a tiny trailer. I am actually in the start of this build, and I needed my tiny trailer to fit six. Mine is completely hardsided when deployed and should take only a few minutes to deploy. The best part is it is designed to fit on a Harbor freight style trailer. Second best part mine will use the jacks for a pickup bed camper to completely remove it from the harbor trailer when I need a utility trailer.
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=a6bc6a1c2c8d663d5e89be17d1a867d8
urban5
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:59 pm

sounds good...lets see the details... :thinking:
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby urban5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:38 pm

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=d4f78d88f33e61f65e89be17d1a867d8&ct=mdsa

It is made of plywood construction covered with epoxy canvas. It is completely hard sided and meant only for sleeping, and getting out of the rain. All major cooking and family time are meant to be spent outdoors, and the camper is designed for this. It is also designed to stand up in the main area.

I am still working out the main details but the above link is a revised addition showing one side folded out and one side folded down. There will be a strap that goes across the fold out section to hold all the peices tight, and the bed section folds up to make the sides.
urban5
Donating Member

Return to Member Designs