GT/HOT BullNose

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby dacrazyrn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:58 am

I'll say details! Keep thinking of more and more things I need to fidget with to get just right. Not to mention doing the sleepng area wall finish yet. :worship:
It is aluminum trim and the counters are galvanized steel I found in sheets at HD for about $11.00 for 3x4. Look crappy to start with, but I am taking the 000 steel wool to it and doing small circles and moving "up" to fine scuff the surface. My right shoulder is going to look like Popeye's forearm before I finish that. :wacky
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby PresTx82 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:13 pm

Very unique design. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Gonna drag her outta the back yard today!!

Postby dacrazyrn » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:43 am

Think I am at the point that I can drag her outta the backyard, hook her up and take her for a spin. She is watertight (after finding one leak in the Galley-bowed some wood, but I will live with it for now, and not shutting one door tight enough), but I do want to replace the weatherstripping I put on the doors with something different and thinner. Still have a slight bow in both doors and top and bottom, but solutions (shut it TIGHT) to change that.
Need to finish the interior, but it is campable, when I get the battery in (and get her titled and tagged-hopefully today or tomorrow).
Finally got a solution for the galley hatch props. I had put T-nuts in and bolted in an aluminum/copper system (someone's idea-WORKS GREAT). The hexbolt decided to catch and scratch up the interior. So yanked em and doweled the holes. Found some Furniture Screws (picture here) and put those in.
More photos 1
More Photos 2
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby dacrazyrn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:38 am

Outta the yard and behind the truck. Lots of things to finish, but she is campable now!!
Rear View Side View Front View
Need to find the 15" tires and rims, will need shorter drop on the hitch also.
Interior to be finished when possible. I do have to repack one of my bearings and hubs. Just going down one mile on the road at 45mph she warmed up beyond accetable to me, while the other barely even warm.
Need to get the DiamondPlate "skirt" I plan to go around the bottom and front, and of course final paint (that is all auto primer) to match the truck.Image
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Postby madjack » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:11 am

Looks, damn good Tracy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...repack both bearings...IMMEDIATELY.......................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Takin her up to the mountains

Postby dacrazyrn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 am

Got the bearings repacked that day MJ. Barely warm after the test this time.
Taking her up to the mountains today and stay over a few. Do some battery and time testing (boondockin), hike around and enjoy being away. Photos to come around Monday.
Of course it is not done (are they ever!!), but it is able to make the trip so we are off!!
dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

I went camping, TOO!!

Postby dacrazyrn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:33 pm

dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Re: GT/HOT BullNose

Postby dacrazyrn » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Say hello to the new owner of the GT/HOT Bullnose! Chris from Sante Fe, NM!!
She is 92 years old and been camping her whole life. This is her 5th camper. Wish her many, many years of enjoyment!!

dacrazyrn
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Member Designs