International Teardrop Gathering

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

International Teardrop Gathering

Postby George T. » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:30 pm

Greetings from blustery Colorado!

Folks have been asking: "When?". The next International Teardrop Gathering is tentatively scheduled for June 2007. It takes quite a bit of time to put it all together and people need to plan far in advance. Not only to make it happen, but to arrange time off to attend!

We'll keep everyone posted. Meanwhile, make sure that you attend a local gathering or if one is not planned for your locale, put one together! It only takes two teardrops [or one completed teardrop and some curious folks] to make a gathering... Be the first in your area to make it happen. It can be as simple as a get-together for a picnic or a potluck at a local park. Nothing says that you have to "sleep over"! Grin!

If you tow it and stop, they will come...

George
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby grant whipp » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:47 pm

Hey there, George!

June '07, eh? you glutton (for punishment, that is) ... ;-} ;-} ...!
Might be just the thing to jumpstart our trip out to Mystic for the Tear Jerkers' gig in July that year. Say, anybody out west up for a REAL cross-country tour? We leave in June and won't be back 'til mid August ... ;-} ;-} ...!

I just noticed something, though, George - I think you need to speak to Mike re: your status as a "Teardrop Advisor". I would think "Teardrop Master" is more in order, or perhaps "FAotTDW" ("Fellow Apostle of the TearDrop Way")
;-} ;-} ;-} ;-}
Jus' stirrin' the pot a bit!

CHEERS! from the unseasnoably sunny & warm Far-Nor-Cal (careful how you say that!)

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby robfisher » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 pm

Cool! Count me in. I know a lot can happen in this length of time but if I'm still on the face of the earth I will make every effort to show up with some kind of a teardrop. Hope I can make it without the duct tape holding it together but I know me; I will be doing some kind of last minute work and probably show up late as usual. I wonder what state we will be hailing from. Would you plan to go to Minden? I sure hope so. They were so nice to us.
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:21 pm

Maybe with this much notice, more Tearjerkers will be there. :applause:

Have a good day.

8)
Hey Grant, Tanya and I were also thinking about going on over to the other coast after the next ITG and try and hit one or two of thier gatherings.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:26 pm

George,
Any hints on where the gathering might be taking place??? :thinking:
Tell me and I'll make your rank to say whatever you want... :lol:

Postby George T. » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:08 am

Greetings from Colorado!

The folks in Minden, Nebraska sure went out of their way to make us welcome! I can't say enough about that.... :thumbsup: :applause:

There has been some suggestions about Glacier National Park and Banff/Jasper Park in Alberta, Canada. I've been to Banff/Jasper and they are beautiful.

Coordinaton and logistics play a large part in organizing a gathering like this. :?

The groundwork has already been tried and proven at Minden. We'll have to weigh our options and see what we come up with. :thinking:

As for now, I'll say Minden.

By the way, my daughter and grandkids say that they won't come to the next ITG unless Grandpa will spend some time with them during the gathering.... :oops:

George
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby alaska teardrop » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:02 pm

George :shake hands: Waterton Lakes National Park and Glacier National Park, 'The International Peace Parks' would seem truely international. :) :thinking: UMMM... can't find the international PEACE sign among the emoticons? :o Fred - the worlds' farthest North teardrop builder. :snow
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:45 pm

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with the second Minden Rally. But you should really listen to the audience. Here's a post about Minden and why people didn't go.

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... ght=minden

Aside from those who didn't have a Trailer, a big reason was

A lot of working people can't take 2 weeks vacation to go to a 3 day event.

A mid week event would improve your attendance, as well as accomodate people traveling 3 to 4000 miles to get there & back greatly. With working people only having to take 1 week off instead of 2.

A lot of Polls have been taken (this board & others) and the Average age of a Teardrop owner is 47.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2599

Most 47 year old people I know still work for a living and have Vacation concerns.

I had 6 TearJerkers members, including myself who wanted, and planned to go to Minden 05, just from my chapter alone. But the 2 weeks away Killed it. This is a 1 week trip. From anywhere in the country. If you make it 2 weeks your going to loose attendance.

Its not my afair but, Post another poll, If Minden were a Tues, Wed & Thurs event and you could do it in 1 vacation week, would you go?

BTW; ALL other Large RV Rallys are Mid-Week.

Best Wishes

Happy Trails

Len Daddona
TearJerkers
Liberty Bell Chapter Director
Last edited by len19070 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby davel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:41 pm

What Len says about the mid-week makes a lot of sense. Cindy and I would go regardless of time. Minden was a wonderful place to stay. People and community were really great and made us feel really welcome. Minden really opened our appetite for gatherings. Since returning to Texas we have gone camping anytime we could get at least one other tear to come. It has been a really great year. Of course with all the going the Bluebonnet Tear is still not finished but it has covered a lot of ground.
davel
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:36 pm

...mid week definitely makes sense. Leaving after work on Fri gives 3r4 days to get there, 3 days there and 3r4 to get home...making the whole trip inna week...heck you can cross country in 3 days so no one could say it was just to far......I know alotta folks would rather have it closer to them than Minden BUT Minden is very close to the geographical center of the country making it about as evenly spaced as is possible to everyone...even those from Canadia and Mexico...might be a hard drive for the Finn, although maybe he and Pedaal can workout a caravan deal together, picking up Andrew and Cool along the way :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Proud2BCDN » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:07 pm

There has been some suggestions about Glacier National Park and Banff/Jasper Park in Alberta, Canada. I've been to Banff/Jasper and they are beautiful.

Banff or Jasper would be great for me and my family!! :D :thumbsup:
Proud2BCDN
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:30 pm

Len, did you ever think about taking vacation from Wednesday to Wednesday? That's only 6 days off work. Maybe they don't let people in FL take vacations like that or it's just because Len doesn't ever plan on going any way. I guess the work force has change sense I was working for a living. I used to get 4 weeks a year and you would be supprised how you could stretch that out so it seemed like more.

Oh and wasn't it the Liberty Bell Chapter that planned a gathering the same weekend several months before, giving some the idea that they had no intention on going to the ITG in the first place? I could be wrong about that and most likely am.

We had better than 120 Teardrops this year (with only a few tearjerkers)and with a year and a half notice for the next one, I'm sure we'll have a big bunch in 2007. So if there's a will, there's a way. It's not like it happens every year.

Just my two cents, have a good day.

8)
P.S. Maybe we could move it to Colorado and then have it Tuesday thru Thursday. Boy that would sure work for me, even better yet, we could have it at the RV Park at Disney Land and then there would be all kinds of things to do with our time. :thinking: ;) With just less than 50 teardrops from California at this last one, it sure would be nice to have it closer to home. :applause:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Dennis T » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:26 am

Isn't it nice you can take vacation by days. where I work it is Sunday to Saturday. Oh, even the days off are vacation. A lond event that would take a week should be in the middle of the week for those far away could attend. Some others can drive straight through to it because of be by themselves and not having another driver.

Two cents with more to come,

Dennis T
:wine:
Dennis T
The 300 Club

Postby willy1959 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:19 pm

len19070 wrote:A lot of Polls have been taken (this board & others) and the Average age of a Teardrop owner is 47.

oh crap. Im average again.

well almost

but I guess by the time Im 47 I will have a teardrop :applause:
willy1959
Teardrop Advisor

Postby grant whipp » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:43 am

I have a suggestion ...

... Since your're already there on Monday, anyway, George, why not show up one day earlier and have the event "Officially" run TUESDAY thru Sunday? You can have workshops on Wed./Thurs. and repeat them on Fri./Sat.! That way, you'll make everyone happy. Only trouble is, you won't get your "overall total" of teadrops on 1-2 days. But I guess a total is a total, right?

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Next

Return to National/International