What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE normally twice per month

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, free sometime in December

Postby Jim Edgerly » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:38 pm

When I say free...I MEAN FREE! It will be $0...nada...nada damn cent to buy it. I personally have bought over 2 dozen free books on Amazon for $0.

I will send you a personal message next time it goes on sale for $0 (and update this string)...and another one the first time it goes on sale after Christmas for $0. If you buy the Kindle early enough you can give it to your wife with SPLINTERED DOORS already on it so she has something to read starting Christmas night... :D

Of course if you have an Amazon PRIME membership you can borrow SPLINTERED DOORS for free. The advantage here is I get paid by Amazon for every time my book is borrowed by a PRIME customer. They pay me, and every author who makes their ebook available to PRIME customers, because it gives people more incentive to purchase the PRIME membership...where they make money. For a regular $2.99 ebook the payout from Amazon for a borrowed ebook is pretty close to the commission on a sale. That's why I like it when PRIME Amazon customers borrow my book...cost them nothing...and I get paid for getting my story out. It's a real win-win situation.

So if you don't have a PRIME account to borrow it, wait for it to be free. It will say $0 for the price with a $2.99 Discount.
Last edited by Jim Edgerly on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, free sometime in December

Postby MtnDon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm

tac422 wrote:Nothings really free, is it ? :)

Of course I'll need to borrow it so I can read this,

You can get a free Kindle reader for the PC ...
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, free 12/21/13 & 12/28/13

Postby Jim Edgerly » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Kindle readers are available for the following:

Kindle Cloud Reader
Read instantly in your browser

Smartphones
iPhone & iPod touch Android Windows Phone BlackBerry

Computers
Mac Windows 8 Windows 7, XP & Vista

Tablets
iPad Android Tablet Windows 8

I did not list these as I personally can't see reading a book at my computer, or on my phone. Number 1) the computer is not mobile enough for where I want to read (bed, beach, bathroom) even with a laptop, and B) at my age (with my eyesight) reading a book on a phone would be a joke. The font would have to be so large I would be really really lucky to get an entire sentence on the screen at one time.

NOTE: 1) and B) are intentional
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE something this winter

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:20 pm

I hope everybody in here that wanted a free Kindle copy of my book SPLINTERD DOORS took advantage of it yesterday while it was free. I was very pleased with the results of yesterday. I gave away 1450 copies of my book worldwide. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had received any royalties on those copies...but that's what "sales" in between giveaways are for. It will be given away again in the future if anybody that wanted it missed it. Plus if you did get it and you enjoyed it I hope you will take the time to write a quick review.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE Feb 15th & 16th

Postby Jim Edgerly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:10 pm

SPLINTERED DOORS will be free again, this time on Feb 15th & 16th. Yes, when I say free I mean free. I currently have a 4 star rating (out of 5 stars). Anybody and everybody is free to purchase it for FREE on these 2 days from amazon.com. On my latest giveaway I passed the 3500 total free copies mark worldwide.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby wagondude » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Bumping this back up! If you haven't read this one yet, it is free today and tomorrow. If you miss out on the free download, it is still worth the regular price.
Bill

TnTTT ORIGIONAL 200A LANTERN CLUB
wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:19 am

Thank you WagonDude...it is appreciated! Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE normally twice per mo

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:11 am

SPLINTERED DOORS (on Kindle) is free again on March 23rd. It was free on March 15th but I just didn't update this post. On average I try to give it away free on 2 weekend days (Sat or Sun) twice per month. This file is the only place I advertise ahead of time it will be free. So far over 3900 copies worldwide have been taken on my "free days". If you want it for free take it on one of those days, otherwise it is $2.99.

Last edited by Jim Edgerly on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby wagondude » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Jim, you might look into getting your free days listed with bookbub.com. It is a service that lists free and discounted ebooks for all the major players in one place. It also emails daily lists to users based on their preferences. It may be a good way to increase your audience. I have found several good books through them.
Bill

wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:59 am

Thanks Bill, I will keep them in mind. I just went on and checked their website. It would cost between $130 and $650 to list my book depending on how much I discount the price. I don't mind giving it away for free, but I'm not sure I want to pay people to take it for free.

thanks for the suggestion, Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby wagondude » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Wow! I hadn't looked in to how they work. That seems excessive.
Bill

wagondude
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic