The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Alan Wood » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:39 am

Marking the course does not sound like fun at all! But it is part of the game!
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 am

Alan Wood wrote:2 days with no posts in this thread what is the world coming to

By the end of this month or the middle of next, I should be laid off and will most likely be back on more. :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:57 am

Hey Alan! :)

Hope all is going well, or at least not going bad. We finally got our deck remodel done! 8)

More pics (before and after) : http://s281.photobucket.com/user/toypus ... t=3&page=1
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Alan Wood wrote:Marking the course does not sound like fun at all! But it is part of the game!

The biggest deal for me is the expense… not that it was a lot of money.. but much of it won't be reusable. If we get into doing this regularly we will come up with something different. For the most part I think arrows on posts, might be our best all around option. It will cost a little bit.. but then be completely reusable.. be easier to set up, and not be in the way from other use.

When marking the course this last time, I had no idea who might be coming. I was afraid that we might only get half a dozen people.. and in that case it would have been a lot of work and expense.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:42 pm

We are just back [earlier today] from our Bar Harbor tandem weekend. We had a great time. :)

We got back in time for lunch… and then headed out to trail work. We have our big halloween ride this weekend, and have started our clean up for it. I will be doing a lot of leaf blowing this week.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:29 pm

Yeah, keeping up with cleanup must be a real bear with all the leaves falling,etc. They are coming down pretty fast around here now. We had our first frost this morning! :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 pm

toypusher wrote:Yeah, keeping up with cleanup must be a real bear with all the leaves falling,etc. They are coming down pretty fast around here now. We had our first frost this morning! :)

We should have had many frosts by now.. and I think we have only had 2…

but yeah it's amazing how many leaves there are… and I just checked the weather.. it is supposed to rain all week. :( Wednesday and Thursday.. very heavy.. tomorrow and Friday more showery I think [hope] sooo tomorrow I will have a LOT to try and do.. of course the rain will knock a lot down.. so :shrug:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

This weather sort of sucks.. or at least it's timing. We have our big Halloween event tomorrow. It is still raining.. and has been since later Monday night. 4" to 5" here. The biggest "problem" is many of the trails won't be that great for riding.. and riding won't be that great on the trails. It is supposed to be slowly clearing out today, be half way decent tomorrow with showers again Sunday.

I didn't get all the clean up done that I wanted. hmm was it Tuesday I was out leaf blowing… blowing all day.. I was just finishing up an area… and finishing up for the day. I was on the last of my 2 stroke fuel and was wondering if I would make it. :worship: .. and then the throttle cable broke on my blower. :cry: :cry:

I called and my dealer said they did not have it in stock, but could have one by Thursday. Then they called back and said they had one that was unlabeled, so it might be the one I need, might not.

So I take it apart, and go in in the morning… and what they have isn't the correct one. Then I learn the getting it by Thursday I would have to pay to ship.. vs waiting until their regular order. I was going to wait, but I changed my mind. I think it was only another $7.50.. and I didn't really want to wait… and not a big deal.

I had been wondering about purchasing another leaf blower. One to have a spare… which normally isn't a big deal, but to also to have one for each of us. Laurie was helping me Tuesday, she was pruning some and picking up branches that the blower doesn't move. She wasn't all that productive doing that, as in there wasn't that much to do., and we had a lot of leaf blowing to do….. So if we each had a blower. :twisted:

Of course these blowers weigh 1/4 of what she does.

Yesterday I got my blower back together and we went out in the rain and finished the last area we were working, and I did let her try it. I am not sure if she could put it on alone. [it is work for me, while running].. but she could do it. although she didn't think she could do it for hours. Of course it also wasn't adjusted to fit her either, it was pretty low on her back and the handle on the boom was too far away.

Most of the blowers I looked at were within a few pounds of each other. 20 something - 24. They did have a small one that was 13 pounds, but my dealer said I would not like it. They now have a beast that is even more powerful than the one I have. It has a better "harness" and vibration isolation. So I am thinking of getting the bigger badder one. At this point I I will probably wait until next season.

I am not sure how many more Monday night rides we will have for the season.. attendance was starting to drop… and that was before all the rain. I might have had more group weekend rides.. but unless it dries out a little I probably won't bother.

We had our pumpkin carving night Wednesday, getting 75 pumpkins carved. :o Laurie had gutted some out ahead of time.

We are doing house work now.. but after lunch we need to head to the woods.. we need to leaf blow the "haunted" trail.. as well as a few others in the area… and get the trail decorated.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:28 am

toypusher wrote:
Alan Wood wrote:2 days with no posts in this thread what is the world coming to

By the end of this month or the middle of next, I should be laid off and will most likely be back on more. :D

If half of those that said they would be back.. came back.. this would still be a hopping place. :roll:

:R
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 pm

I am in fact here now! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 pm

The wife and I have spent most of the day so far trying to figure out cell phone options. We want new phones and also want a less expensive plan. I think we have figured it out for the most part, but still need to spend some time on the phone with Amazon (they have the best deal on the phones we have decided to get)! :?
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Have to be heading out to go visit the inlaws and a quick run to the grocery store for a few things. Might run some other errands also. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Oh, yeah! Glenn, you sure spend a lot of manhours on your Halloween setup. I have no idea the cost involved but it can not be cheap for all of that! Wish I could be there to see it and take a couple rides though it too! :thumbsup:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:55 pm

toypusher wrote:The wife and I have spent most of the day so far trying to figure out cell phone options. We want new phones and also want a less expensive plan. I think we have figured it out for the most part, but still need to spend some time on the phone with Amazon (they have the best deal on the phones we have decided to get)! :?

I have a trac phone… :NC :FNP

and I actually know where it is… or did yesterday.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:01 pm

toypusher wrote:Oh, yeah! Glenn, you sure spend a lot of manhours on your Halloween setup. I have no idea the cost involved but it can not be cheap for all of that! Wish I could be there to see it and take a couple rides though it too! :thumbsup:

We never really keep track of the costs.. there isn't any particular thing that is expensive.. but I am sure it all adds up. The majority of the pumpkins are donated.. although this year we did have to purchase some.. some decorations.. just candles and lighters for close to 80 pumpkins add up. Feed etc. Laurie does a raffle for gifts also.. I think that is a little over the top. :roll: It is stuff she buys through the year.. and nothing is particularly expensive.

If it was just the party and haunted trail.. that would be one thing.. but for the ride.. the amount of trail work we had to do.. was a bit… and the fuels for all that.. that adds up.

For the party we had quite a few people.. hmm maybe 40… but it seems to be like pulling teeth to get people to ride. I think we had 11 riders.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic