The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:13 am

toypusher wrote:
Fenlason wrote:I don't feel that great today… nothing serious.. just headachy and blah. I was going to say we are at 20 degrees.. but the thermometer I looked at is suspect. :roll:

It was 20 when we went for our ride last night. It does look cold out.. frosty.. frozen.. and no sun.. a wall of solid grey clouds. I am not sure what I will do today. I wanted to work on my shop.. maybe go pick up some insulation. :thinking:

Sorry you don't feel good! :(

I have PT at 8:30 this morning. Then have to take my side of our bed (we have 2 twins that form our king bed) back and exchange for new foundation and mattress. The new ones we just got are faulty. The foundation squeaks and creaks and the mattress seems to already be breaking down. Anyway, we did not have them delivered originally, so I will have to take these back and pickup the new ones. The warehouse is on about 2 miles from our house though. :)

We generally did PT at 0500 :roll: 8)
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:22 am

Had PT and then took the old mattress and foundation back and got the replacements. That was a small workout! 8)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 pm

toypusher wrote:Had PT and then took the old mattress and foundation back and got the replacements. That was a small workout! 8)

you say you did a work out on the new mattress? :oops: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;)
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:22 pm

did a few chores here.. then picked up some insulation.. and then headed to the shop for a bit. My headache isn't getting any better.. :(
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Well that was a pretty short appointment. It took longer to walk into and out of the building.. than the appointment. I didn't even wait in the waiting room.. long. I read maybe a paragraph or 2 in a catalogue.

Anyways there was no sign malignancy. It was similar to a mole from sun damage.. :roll: It was a weird grey color.. and a friend said I should mention it to my doctor.. who then thought I should have it looked at.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Fenlason wrote:Well that was a pretty short appointment. It took longer to walk into and out of the building.. than the appointment. I didn't even wait in the waiting room.. long. I read maybe a paragraph or 2 in a catalogue.

Anyways there was no sign malignancy. It was similar to a mole from sun damage.. :roll: It was a weird grey color.. and a friend said I should mention it to my doctor.. who then thought I should have it looked at.

Glad is was good news! :thumbsup:

Got all my outside plants pulled and all the large pots moved to under the deck for the winter.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks..

I still have my headache. :( Hopefully it will get better vs worse through the day.

I am not sure what's up for today… it is supposed to warm Sunday / Monday. I will probably wait until then to put the chains on the tractor. We have the building to work on, and trail work. Laurie is taking the afternoon off.. so I suspect we will head for the woods this afternoon.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:07 am

Sorry about the headache. Maybe when you get to doing stuff, it will fade.

Sunday and Monday are to be warm here too, but rain late Sun into Mon. Not sure what I will be doing today. I have cleaning to do still and need to make a grocery list for shopping tomorrow. My new truck bed cover should be here today. Tomorrow, I should get my new headlight bulbs and my tailgate lock. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 am

As you saw.. I ordered a new bike. :D otherwise I haven't done much yet. I am not sure if we will head to the woods.. go for a bike ride.. or work on my building.
We tend to stay out of the woods on Saturday [during hunting season] We don't have a lot out there, but more apt to be more on Saturdays.. and while some of the hunters I have talked to, don't mind us out there making noise. I tend to leave it for them.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:36 am

We did do some trail work yesterday.. and I have semi took it easy today. We did pick up more outside.. and have done some more work in the workshop.

The body is getting used to the colder temps… which is nice. Not that it is cold yet. but 20 and cloudy feels a lot better now than it did a week or two ago.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Got my new truck bed cover and installed it yesterday. Got new (brighter) headlight bulbs and a lock for my tailgate today. Just finished installing them both. Almost like having a new truck! :D

Need to find some lunch and then watch some football! 8)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:58 pm

toypusher wrote:Got my new truck bed cover and installed it yesterday. Got new (brighter) headlight bulbs and a lock for my tailgate today. Just finished installing them both. Almost like having a new truck! :D

Need to find some lunch and then watch some football! 8)

:thumbsup:

continuing to do little odds and ends of "stuff" Looking at workouts etc. I wanted a bike ride.. but also a weight workout. I decided I didn't want to take the time to dress how I would need to, to ride outside… but then friends just posted about their rides. :oops: I think I will still ride inside.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:47 am

I ended up riding my ergometer. hmm although I just realized I was going to do more on it. When I do use it, I tend to do a test on it. It is 32 minutes long, and the resistance steadily increases through the ride. It is pretty tough. I was going to work on some more 1 legged riding off it, but forgot. Right after the test.. I was toast… I had to get off the bike and lay down… and then I forgot. :oops:

We did do an upper body weight workout after.

We are supposed to be doing a mountain bike ride with Angela today. She was debating 11:00 or 1:00… and has decided on 11:00 if isn't not too cold. :roll: It does seem to be warmer already this morning. I would like to do a leg weight workout after. I am not sure if we will get much else done?

I am thinking I finally need a battery for my tractor… We still have the original battery… and I forget how long we have had it.. 12 years? :thumbsup:

We are supposed to be warmer and wet tomorrow. It might be a good time to work on that. hmm I generally install the chains on it outside, but perhaps I could do that where it is stored also. :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:24 am

Morning! :)

I still need to mow one more time and that will probably be Mon or Tues. Have to get the snowblower out and check it too.

Today we have a bunch of shopping to do. Need to get a new electric blanket and a new vacuum for sure. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 am

toypusher wrote:Morning! :)

I still need to mow one more time and that will probably be Mon or Tues. Have to get the snowblower out and check it too.

Today we have a bunch of shopping to do. Need to get a new electric blanket and a new vacuum for sure. :thinking:

Good morning 8)

Mowing :o We are rather beyond that. I am not looking forward to shopping now.. things are going to start getting nuts.. shortly.

I will probably head out Monday.. but just for that Battery.. and some lumber. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic