The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear about Angela. Hope she heals quickly and correctly. Worked a couple hours today on edging some planting beds, but after 1.5 inches of rain last night, it was a bit soggy.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am

Angela has an appointment here with an orthopedic. Over the phone they were surprised it was placed in a cast. We are all anxious to see what this appointment will bring. Interestingly we had someone on our ride Monday.. that did the same injury [10 days prior] For him it was his right hand... He moved his shift lever.. moving from the right to the left.. and turning upside down so it works. That by itself has to keep thing interesting. He wasn't wrapping his "bad" thumb around the bar.. so I don't know how he was able to hand on. :o

I worked around here Monday.. then we had a good ride. I am finally noticing some improvement in my fitness. Still far from where I was.. but I am at least moving in the right direction. More easy work yesterday.... then a hard road ride. We had no faster riders this week.. and the slower were really a bit too slow for what I wanted to do. At least with just Laurie and I.. I could ride the pace I wanted. The ride was supposed to be be 28 miles... I rode the first 21 fairly fast... I then decided to turn back to the slower ones.. that would give a little more milage.. and I could ride easy from there. Once regrouped.. it was still too slow. I rode with them a bit.. but then went alone.

I am not burning fat as well as when I was fitter.. Riding close to two hours... with no fuel.. left me feeling pretty spend.

I have ridden hard Saturday, Monday and Tuesday... just tired from the weekend.. finds me pretty trashed today.

I have been mowing lawns.. It's something semi easy and mindless I can do.. so I am sort of taking it easy... and still getting something done. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:16 am

Been kinda a long week. Had rain Wed morning and had to play catchup since then, but we got it all done yesterday.

Really going to be a long day today. We will be saying a final good bye to my mother in law.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am

I hope today goes ok. :worship:

We have not had much for rain. Thursday there were showers passing through.. just north.. and just south of us got some.. we got just a few sprinkles but not enough to even get the ground wet.

We did have our beginners ride Thursday.. we got one beginner.. and 3 other non-beginners. I spent most of the day mowing.. some lawn.. and the rest trails.

Yesterday I puttered here. Laurie had the afternoon off and we went to my mom's to clean up a big pine that had some down. We then went to ride a race course. The local mountain bike club is putting on a race.. and I am generally the final rider to check the markings of the course. It helps having fresh eyes that don't know the course. The first half was marked pretty good.. the second half.... not so.

This morning some outside plastering. This afternoon Angela is supposed to be coming over. Dave is gone for work again.. and she wants to try riding..we may end up hiking... and or... :thinking:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Angela chose a hike.. Sunday. She's been using her hand/ arm too much, I am surprised she was even thinking about riding.

Yesterday our weather was questionable. We did have some showers pass through at ride time.. and it did rain more last night, but today is clear and gorgeous.. breezy with cooler dryer way being blown in.

Yesterday was a lot of odds and ends of little projects. This morning another batch of plaster.

We leave Thursday for VT. We are working with Dave. Dave will be there already.. and we are driving Angela [and kids?] Because of that we are not bringing our bikes.. which feels weird... but if Angela can't ride.. We might not want to, or get the chance to. We are officially working for Specialized for this one... it's just credit for stuff.. that is is more than ok. Laurie and I [combined] might earn half of what I made at work all last season. [it was a short season last year.. but still] :)

It's a big mountain bike festival.. and we should be quite busy. We thought there were going to be a lot of other specialized people there.. but the only other one is Dave's boss. I don't know if the lack.. is because we are going?
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Previous

Return to Off Topic