The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 am

I am glad you made it through your MRI.

It sounds like you had a full day planned.

Yesterday we did a ride on the A trail. 1600+ feet of climbing in 10 miles... and it's fairly rocky.. My fitness is way down.. and it kicked my butt.

We got up at 5:30 to go do it... and I was up a lot the night before.. I had fallen back asleep.. before it was time to get up.. and I was in a deep sleep cycle... and it was hard to get going.

by the time we got home.. I napped... and then I was still groggy when I woke up. :? We did get a bridge built late yesterday. we will have a bit of earth work to do at the ends.. but it's there.

We have another day of comfortable weather here.. before more warmth and humidity comes back.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm

We did a lot more trail work Sunday.. in that same area.
Monday and today was hot and humid again.. getting back into the 90's [although not quite as bad as last week.]

I have worked on staining the porch soffits.. [each side] and adding trim. I have picked up various fuels..[gas and diesel] I have done other work on the porch.. repaired my arched beam jig.. cleaned up a little in the barn.

We had a great ride Monday night.. a small turn out.. but a fun ride.. and I felt pretty good. Although after Saturdays and Mondays ride.. I felt pretty trashed tonight.. we had some storms come through so we bailed on the ride.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:55 am

Friday the 13th was yesterday and lived up to it's name for me (not all bad, but enough for one day). Actually it has been most all week except for Monday - Monday was a decent day. OK, we have 4 guys that work with me on occasion (never all at once). So, Tuesday my main helper calls off sick and I have to get one of the other guys who is not very good. That evening I talk to my old helper and he says he will be available to help out off and on. Nice I am thinking. Wednesday, my main helper has a medical appointment and so do I. I was planning on working starting about 11 Wednesday, but he was not available and I could get no response to text for voice mail. So, I just packed it in for Wednesday. Thursday morning the main guy needed to go to court about custody of his kids. Again nothing from him all day and I got the same guy as on Tuesday to help out. Yesterday morning, I had not heard from any of the guys that help out on occasion. I texted and call all of them and got no response at all. Well, my doctor says that I can drive and can us riding mowers, but NOTHING else at work. So, after about 2 hours of trying to find one of them, I finally got the guy that worked with me 2 years ago and he came out after he got off work at the golf course. Then at our first stop, he set on of our gas cans out on the curb and we ended up driving away with out it and when we returned it was gone. And I am not sure that there is going to be anyone available to help next week. :thinking: :roll:

Also, the doctor says that if I can live with the pain for a couple months that my partial herniated disc should dry up and dissolve enough to quit pinching nerves and then in the fall he can operate and do another fusion to keep it from happening again. But, it it gets worse in the next couple months, then he will have to operate sooner.
toypusher
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic