Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 am

It was dark at the end of our ride last night. I think everyone had lights but Laurie and I. The batteries of our old light systems no longer work.. :(

They are old.. and have not been kept charged. We just heard of another group that is mountain biking. :D

We had a great ride last night.. It was fun.. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 am

MountainBiker wrote:65 min walk on Monday and 70 min today...too dark to get rides in in the evenings now :cry:

This weekend we are splitting and stacking our firewood for the winter.
I feel a big "Ouch" coming on :D

have fun :D How much wood?
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Fenlason wrote:
MountainBiker wrote:65 min walk on Monday and 70 min today...too dark to get rides in in the evenings now :cry:

Between 5 and 7 face cords :thumbsup: I know, you do that in your sleep :R
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm

MountainBiker wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

Between 5 and 7 face cords :thumbsup: I know, you do that in your sleep :R

Normally I don't do much would at all. In the past I heated the house with just under a cord... with improvements last year was 3/8's of a cord.

Between a Large tree coming down next door at my mother in-laws place.. and the power company clear cutting a 300' by 16' path to the house.. I have had a bit to take care of this year.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm

I did have an efficient set up also.

I stack my smaller logs in the trailer.. so I can cut a lot of pieces at once.. without bending over... it is divided so that it is easy to cut to my proper length... My saw stays out of the dirt.. and the saw does not bind. I then take from the trailer.. turn and split.. and toss the wood into the tractor bucket.. when full I drive to my rack.. and take from the bucket to stack.

glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:12 am

Well, it's Sunday, and we are going into our second straight day of splitting firewood. It is one heck of a work out :thumbsup:
Our supplier brought us a lot more than normal, because we are regulars. Having trouble finding places to stack it. Used to put it in the garage but now we have a Tear Drop in there :lol:
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:57 pm

MountainBiker wrote:Well, it's Sunday, and we are going into our second straight day of splitting firewood. It is one heck of a work out :thumbsup:
Our supplier brought us a lot more than normal, because we are regulars. Having trouble finding places to stack it. Used to put it in the garage but now we have a Tear Drop in there :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It is a great workout..

We had to get an "instant garage" to put some of our extra in.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:28 am

MountainBiker wrote:Well, it's Sunday, and we are going into our second straight day of splitting firewood. It is one heck of a work out :thumbsup:

I hope you got your firewood work wrapped up. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:37 am

We have been hmm how to say.. "unavailable" to do anything for over a week.
We headed to a trail opening celebration at one of the local hospitals. They have some new walking trails.. and and they also provide a trail head to some new and reclaimed mountain bike trails.

They had planned a walk and a ride.. I knew we were in no shape to ride.. and planned on being there for the opening.. and maybe do a walk.

While out on the walk.. we intersected with the bikers.. and a friend was there so I detoured to her. As she headed back to riding.. I started jogging behind. I happened to have my vibram Five Fingers on and pants that were ok to run in. These trails were tight and technicle..which made it easier for me to stay with them.. but I was easily able to make up to about mid "pack" it was an absolute blast.. :thumbsup: :D :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 am

Well we finally finished splitting the firewood on Friday night. It's all stacked and ready to go for the winter. Just need to build something now for storing some wood indoors. :thumbsup:

Walked a lot this week, starting to get "hot spots" on the feet, so trying to find some ointment that will help. :roll:

Went for a ride today with a friend. It was cold when we started and I left wearing most of my winter gear. Not too much warmer when we got back :thumbdown: Winter is coming
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm

MountainBiker wrote:Well we finally finished splitting the firewood on Friday night. It's all stacked and ready to go for the winter. Just need to build something now for storing some wood indoors. :thumbsup:

Walked a lot this week, starting to get "hot spots" on the feet, so trying to find some ointment that will help. :roll:

Went for a ride today with a friend. It was cold when we started and I left wearing most of my winter gear. Not too much warmer when we got back :thumbdown: Winter is coming

I think our after work weekday rides are over. [darkness] but still hope to get some nice weekend rides in.

How are your feet doing?

Sunday morning we went for a walk in the woods.

today I did a little tire work and kettlebell work..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I really like winter also. We have a group that is really into snowshoeing. We do two group shoes after work a week plus weekend hikes. Of course xc skiing, and mountain biking on the snowmobile trails. We also ice race on a hockey rink.. [mountain bikes] :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Feet are still bothering me a bit. I think it is trying to come up with the right combination of double layed socks (anti-blister) and my shoes.
I have tried my cycling socks but they don't seem to work, so I am going to try my skating socks.

I just have to make sure I don't fall into my usual training program of NCAA football and sitting for 6 hours bending the right arm :lol:
Beer is not a diet drink :cry:
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:10 am

I have not felt well and have not been sleeping well.. so..

I have done some walking. We did do a mountain bike ride Wed. night.. and another yesterday.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby mk10108 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:42 am

rode 48 miles yesterday and got my ass handed to me. Zooming along and the tank went dry.
mk10108
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic