Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:23 pm

I did 20 minutes of fairly easy spinning on the bike this morning.

and we just got back from a 75 minute ski...
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:07 am

So did everyone goof off yesterday. :thinking:

I did. I had someone coming early to do an energy audit on my house. Then did some errands later with my wife.. and never fit one in. :(

I just did a 25 minute working on the upright exercise bike.

It was a fairly easy .. more a recovery ride. But I did do sprints for pedal speed. My fastest sprint was a pedal speed of 199 revolutions a minute.

I am not sure if we will do more today or not.

Tomorrow we have "practice" laps on the ice tomorrow. [biking] I am not sure if I have said but we have a bike race on an indoor hockey rink in two weeks. :D

We have a two hour practice in the morning.. and we have a group snowshoe tomorrow night.. :thumbsup: [/i]
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:13 am

Nope I haven't been goofing off.,., but will do that at the first campout of the season later this month!!!
Fri is my "rest" day , but I switched it with Thursday and went to the hockey game.
So Thurs was rest, Friday evening did the Kenpo(like taebo/kicking) for about an hour... and busy today but will be doing my Core Synergetics here in a bit. Core Syn is like about an hour of midsection strength and ab work.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby hotrod » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:36 am

Yesterday was about 3 hours skating, day before was around a 40 minute run, super hula hoops on the Wii (thats actually alot of work! lolol) and some yoga which is nice for stretching those muscles I have mostly forgotten about. Im down 3 pounds this week and becoming very concious about what I put in my mouth. I did a mental inventory on what I eat in a day and its not good, I need to get it on paper...Paul
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 am

oklahomajewel wrote:Nope I haven't been goofing off.,., but will do that at the first campout of the season later this month!!!
Fri is my "rest" day , but I switched it with Thursday and went to the hockey game.
So Thurs was rest, Friday evening did the Kenpo(like taebo/kicking) for about an hour... and busy today but will be doing my Core Synergetics here in a bit. Core Syn is like about an hour of midsection strength and ab work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:25 am

hotrod wrote:Yesterday was about 3 hours skating, day before was around a 40 minute run, super hula hoops on the Wii (thats actually alot of work! lolol) and some yoga which is nice for stretching those muscles I have mostly forgotten about. Im down 3 pounds this week and becoming very concious about what I put in my mouth. I did a mental inventory on what I eat in a day and its not good, I need to get it on paper...Paul

:thumbsup:

I would like to skate.. I was never good at it.. :(

maybe I need to make an effort to learn :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:27 am

We are just back from a 2 hour ice "practice" on the bikes. It has been a while since we have done this.... and we have never done it on an indoor hockey rink. It was a blast.

We are doing a group snowshoe later tonight also.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby hotrod » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:45 am

My XC skis have been stuck in the floorjoists at my parents house unused for over 20 years. I used to do alot of that. I should be digging them out, mom was hinting that she was going to toss them. lolol She wouldnt.. I did another 2 hours on skates yesterday, we just had nothing to do at home here and Im not one to sit around for very long. Nice day for a drive.
Every year here in town we have a polar bear plunge. It seems that Im the only person around with any equipment to cut ice and get it out of the hole. The ice this year was only about 29 inches anda bit rotten so it cut easy but its all hand work using an auger and an ice saw, that is possibly the best upper body workout one person can ever get, at least for me..
Rollerskating is fun. My daughter has legg calve perthes disease and its something she can do that is very low impact and involves keeping flexible while developing balance working both her legs equally. Plus it keeps her away from the tube which is always a good thing.
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Fenlason » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:23 am

hotrod wrote:My XC skis have been stuck in the floorjoists at my parents house unused for over 20 years. I used to do alot of that. I should be digging them out, mom was hinting that she was going to toss them. lolol She wouldnt.. I did another 2 hours on skates yesterday, we just had nothing to do at home here and Im not one to sit around for very long. Nice day for a drive.
Every year here in town we have a polar bear plunge. It seems that Im the only person around with any equipment to cut ice and get it out of the hole. The ice this year was only about 29 inches anda bit rotten so it cut easy but its all hand work using an auger and an ice saw, that is possibly the best upper body workout one person can ever get, at least for me..
Rollerskating is fun. My daughter has legg calve perthes disease and its something she can do that is very low impact and involves keeping flexible while developing balance working both her legs equally. Plus it keeps her away from the tube which is always a good thing.

that is good you get her out.. and keep her active. Yeah I would say cutting and hauling out 29" think ice would be a little work.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby hotrod » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Did another half hour of jogging 10 minutes of step aerobics and more of that overly addicting hulahooping! lololol
Tommorow will be the first day at work without caffiene, this should be good. Im addicted to sodapop and I cant stand coffee. no headache today or yesterday but Ive been sleeping in some. there should be caffinated water with no calories, nothing bad for you but make it taste good. Such is my world. Its all just a big mental game and Ive won at it before....Paul
Paul
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:39 pm

well, this is day 16 in my 90 day workout....

did my core workout for an hour yesterday and this afternoon did my hour of Cardio X ... whew!!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:11 am

hotrod wrote:Did another half hour of jogging 10 minutes of step aerobics and more of that overly addicting hulahooping! lololol
Tommorow will be the first day at work without caffiene, this should be good. Im addicted to sodapop and I cant stand coffee. no headache today or yesterday but Ive been sleeping in some. there should be caffinated water with no calories, nothing bad for you but make it taste good. Such is my world. Its all just a big mental game and Ive won at it before....Paul

doesn't someone make caffeinated water?
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:15 am

last night we did close to a two hour snowshoe.. at times in very deep wet heavy snow.. so that was work.. and then at other times on a packed trail where I did some jogging on them..

so overall yesterday I did close to 4 hours of fairly intense excerise.

I am kind of sore and tired this morning :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 am

I just did a quick search.. I did not have the time right now to read much on it.. but at first glance it looks like what you are looking for..

http://www.waterjoe.com/main.html
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby iplay10us2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:29 pm

I haven't been goofing off, just lots to do and not much computer time.
I had 1.5hrs of tennis practice last Wednesday and walked the dogs for 2 miles. Thursday, I played a doubles tennis match, went and watched 3 basketball games, and walked the dogs 1.5 miles that evening. Friday morning, I walked the dogs 2.5 miles and went and watched more basketball. Saturday, I walked the dogs 2 miles, moved/re-stacked my firewood, and watched more basketball. Sunday, I walked the dogs 2 miles, played a doubles tennis match and watched the final basketball game.

Today, I played 1.5hrs of tennis, and am back from walking the dogs 3 miles, and that included a walk to the grocery store to pick up something for dinner. When the weather turns nice, I like to walk to the grocery store to pick up dinner because it does help with the diet because I only eat what I can carry back without using a backpack.

It has been in the 70's and 80's here and just beautiful weather. It is supposed to turn cold again by Thursday.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic