Pumpkin Carving Contest

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:48 pm

...don't feel bad Dean...after soliciting bribes, I have not had the first brownie show up at my door(they must've all heard about me)

Julie and all others...the contest is open till midnite west coast time and don't be intimidated by fancy shmancy carvings...I will give all types of work equal consideration...afterall skill with a pattern can be equaled or surpassed by imagination :D (can't speak for other judges...they may be swayed by a pretty face ;) )
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:28 pm

No one tried to bribe me either. But for some reason there are not many entries... I don't understand why... unless everyone is too busy with their teardrops and reading the forum to carve a pumpkin... Or better yet, many people here are empty nesters, and with the kids gone are not going to bother with a pumpkin.

We'll have to come up with some contests that target the demographics of this group more closely!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Loader » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:33 pm

Here's ours:

Loader
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:14 pm

Happy Halloween! Look at what the General dropped off for us!

Even though I brought home a bag of cookies and a pan of chocolate brownies for Dean.... I'm just posting for the fun of it. What do ya think?

The Teardrop Nanny & Class ;)
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby madjack » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:35 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :drofl: :drofl: :drofl: :drofl: :drofl: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

p.s. by the way madjack was out eating Italians with his wiccan wife(food that is)
Last edited by madjack on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:54 pm

Teardrop Nanny - ya got a lotta class...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Steve
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Ma3tt » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:10 am

Sorry EAST COASTERS but we are just wrapping up our Candy begging time right now sooooo

Okay so I didn't get a good pix of our pumpkins or our TD but here is our " Standy"

and here is a new thing for an 80 year old peice of cast iron

Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby madjack » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:48 pm

DA DAH DA DA DAH DA
...AFTER MUCH CONTABULATING...(drum roll please) (and the envelope) THE WINNER IS..........(let's see where are my glasses)
R U ready........

Greg, the vairman's black cat :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

to all who entered thanks for your hard work and talent

to Joanie, the teardrop nanny, thanks for sharing your kiddies hard work. We are glad to see the tradition is alive and well, at least in some places :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

to Julie from OK... :R :R :R what happened girl...all that braggin' and threats of mulitple entries and not even one....Dean was so despondent he wouldn't even eat the special cakes Joanie brought him...he even started speakin' in tongues(french that is)...I mean whats up wit dat

thanks to all

madjack 8)

p.s. Greg...PM Mikeschn(aka the Boss) with your particulars to receive your prize
madjack
Site Admin

Postby vairman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:40 pm

I'd like to the this opertunity to thank the Acadamy...... Errr I'm thinking of something else... But this was fun and Thanks to all.. :D :D :D

Greg
Women are angels, but, when someone breaks their wings, they simply continue to fly on a broomstick.
vairman
500 Club

!!

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:43 am

Oh, that's just like me ... procrastination is my worst enemy.
But had my son turning 17 yesterday... I don't know, maybe it was a little bit of shock... haha

Actually , you know that road that is paved with......

Congrats to Vairman!!!! I loved that one! How could I have competed anyway? hahah

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: !!

Postby mikeschn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:25 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Congrats to Vairman!!!! I loved that one! How could I have competed anyway? hahah

Julie

All you needed was one of these... :lips:

:lol: Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Off Topic