OLD TEARDROPPERS

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

OLD TEARDROPPERS

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:38 pm

Met a couple in their very senior years on the way back from the beach gathering today. They had a tear back in the late 40's early 50's and were amazed that they were still around. Said it brought back a lot of old memories. Guess there aren't a lot of the older crowd around anymore from that era. Glad mine brought a smile to them.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby SteveH » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:59 am

Allen,

I have pictures of my Dad with his Teardrop in the 50's. He really loved being able to stop at a road side park, or where ever, and cook a meal.

The memories of him and his Teardrop, and the fun he had with it is what got me interested in building my own.
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby David Grason » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:50 am

My parents had 2 tears. Although I don't think they ever called them teardrops. One was a Benroy and the other was one they built themselves.

A couple of weeks ago, my mom was going through her attic and found loads of old pictures. Among them were a couple of the old Benroy behind their early 50s Buick at Mt Shasta. My folks were crazy about slide film back then so I need a projector to view the old pics. Also, the film itself has degraded and it looks super redish. I guess that means the blue has washed out. My mom recently bought a program for her computer to correct old photos and digitize them for storage on CD or DVD. As soon as she gets them ready to go, I plan on putting some up so everyone can see them.

So far we have not found any pics of the tear that they made themselves. But the last we saw that tear, my dad had sold it to someone in Shelbyville, Tn. A few years ago, I was at a rod run in Shelbyville and saw what I thought was my folks old tear. It had been restored (somewhat) but my memories of that trailer were just a little to vague to be able to make a positive ID. So needless to say, we've been searching diligently for old photos.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:57 pm

I think that before I am done all three of my daughters will have their own tears. A great thing to pass on to your kids isn't it.
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Off Topic