An Interesting Travel Concept

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

An Interesting Travel Concept

Postby Larry Messaros » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:53 am

I stumbled onto this site.

Basically, it is the idea of having an ongoing caravan and picking up and dropping off of RVer's along a predetermined route.

This site seems to be only for truck campers. Too bad, as I think it limits the idea.
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby catrinka » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:28 pm

So....we could start our own. Which way are you travelling down to Minden?
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:48 pm

The tear-a-van going to Minden from SoCal will have 5 'stop overs'. Mainly going accross I-40 to Albuquerque then up I-25 to I-70 then on towards Minden. Anyone can pick us up at any stop-over. Any one interested, please contact me via Email.

:santa Have a Merry Christmas,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Larry Messaros » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:33 am

catrinka wrote:So....we could start our own. Which way are you travelling down to Minden?

I don't think it's going to work out for me this year. The kids will be just getting out of school, and, to put it mildly, I don't trust leaving them home alone!! But you never know, I have 6 months to plan so maybe I can make it happen.

Which way are you planning on going? If I do make it, I'll probably go down to Seattle, over to Boise, Salt Lake City and on to Minden. :)
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:02 am

Say Larry, I think the group that Grant is going to be leading out of Northern California is going through Salt Lake City and is going to run a northern route to Minden. You might contact him. Although, right now I think he may be having email problems.

Have a Merry Christmas,
:santa Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Grant » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:52 am

Well, my e-mail has been back in fine form for a couple of weeks, now, no thanks to charter Communications ... ;-} ;-} ...

Our tour is going to miss Salt Lake City by heading over the mountains out of Provo and stickin' to the two lane US Hwy 40 'til we hit Granby, CO. Larry, you'd be welcome to join us if you wish (we'll be in or near Heber, UT, Sunday night, June 19; near Vernal, UT, Monday the 20th; Granby, CO, Tuesday the 21st; and Ft. Morgan/Brush, CO, Wednsday the 22nd). But since you might be coming down through Seattle, why not drop Ken Masden a note - [email protected] - and see what he's got cookin' tourwise? Word has it that he's brewin' up something ...

Either way, hope you can make it out - I look forward to meeting you, and so many others from around the country!

Seasons Greetings! and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're on Teardrop Time" ... so kick back and focus on the Good Stuff!
Grant
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby catrinka » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:02 pm

Right now the present plan is for us to head straight south through Great Falls, then over through Yellowstone and through Wyoming. We'll come home through the Black Hills. From there we may head back up through Sask. and visit with family. Nothing definite yet.
catrinka
500 Club

Return to Off Topic