Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:22 pm

I see how large our forum has grown and read just about everything. The growth is wonderful and I hope this means we will see a lot more Tears and TTT's on the road soon. Please to all you folks; at least post what state, province or country you are in. You woudn't be giving enough info out to get harmed in anyway that I can imagine and it would help the people that are trying to organize gatherings and clubs all over. My two cents worth. Thanks
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Location

Postby mikeschn » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:17 am

ALAN GEDDES wrote:I see how large our forum has grown and read just about everything. The growth is wonderful and I hope this means we will see a lot more Tears and TTT's on the road soon. Please to all you folks; at least post what state, province or country you are in. You woudn't be giving enough info out to get harmed in anyway that I can imagine and it would help the people that are trying to organize gatherings and clubs all over. My two cents worth. Thanks

Folks can update their profile with their city and state! That's the easiest way.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:14 am

The easier way is to put it in their signature... as below.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:19 pm

Easier maybe, but it would be nicer if members would put that information in their profile. I did a thread about this a while back.
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1557
As far as I know we still have no members from:
Hawaii
Maine
Mississippi
Wyoming
Researching locations, was much easier when I could just scroll down the member lists, which shows locations if that info is placed in personal profiles.

Postby Kevin A » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Easier maybe, but it would be nicer if members would put that information in their profile. I did a thread about this a while back.
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=1557
As far as I know we still have no members from:
Hawaii
Maine
Mississippi
Wyoming
Researching locations, was much easier when I could just scroll down the member lists, which shows locations if that info is placed in personal profiles.

Hi Dean and everyone, 8)

First time poster & another refugee/lurker from Pam's board. I was born in Maine ( Dean, does that count?) but I'm now in Eureka, Ca. I am in the process of rebuilding a tear in hopes of having it ready to go to Minden. Being relatively new to this board I'm still trying to find my way around, in time I'll get some photos of the trailer uploaded and give a bit more history of it.

Kevin....
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:01 am

Kevin,
I just made a comment to Gage earlier, that teardrops are like UFOs here on the North Coast, you get sightings every once in a while. I'd like to hook up and take a look at your project sometime. Welcome aboard fellow Eurekan!

Postby Kevin A » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:19 am

Dean,

Thanks for the welcome, :thumbsup: we'll have to get together sometime and compare notes, are you working on a trailer too?

Kevin....
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:26 am

I've got my plans pretty much finalized, but I gotta finish building a wood strip canoe first, so I'll have enough shop space to build the teardrop.
(Or at least get to a point to where my hull is glassed inside and out) :twisted:

Postby Arne » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:03 am

I agree the profile should be up to date... but, putting your location in your signature makes the information immediately available...

If someone says he/she is building a new tear, and it turns out I see they live close-by, I can offer to show them mine.... or conversely, if someone sees I live near them, they can ask to come over..

Most are not going to survey all the profiles to see where someone lives. Or, I should say, in all the months I have been here, I have never looked at anyones profile...

But, I know SteveF lives near one of my favorite watering holes, the Parting Glass in Saratoga, NY, because it is in his sig.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Larry Messaros » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:57 am

arnereil wrote:I agree the profile should be up to date... but, putting your location in your signature makes the information immediately available...

Hey Arne,

When you update the "Location" field in your profile, it automatically puts the updated info under your avatar image as well as your signature, on every post. :)
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Arne » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:31 pm

Ah, so...... thank you. Goes to show how much tunnel-vision I really suffer from..../g/
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:58 pm

I didn't think to say anything, I thought everyone knew that! :oops:

But both methods work. So pick the one that works best for you!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Like I said... If we ever want to get an accurate member location log together.... Please put the information in your profile, to make life easier for the poor soul that gets the task of grouping everyone by state. ;)

Return to Off Topic