personal web pages

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby bg » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 pm

I'm thinking that dean wouldn't have much of a problem with running an advertising agency :thinking:

I've got and idea brewing to start offering free websites off of teardrops.us, but it's be a really barebones hosting deal, plenty of storage though. It'd be yourname.teardrops.us or teardrops.us/yourname plus an email address. If there's enough interest i'll get the details worked out and it online
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Arne » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:34 pm

Doug, Mike put me on to freewebs... a limit of 7 pics per page, 50 per url, but I got a second one....

www.freewebs.com/arnereil

www.freewebs.com/arnereil1

I don't know if there is a limit, but I may start another for my investing stuff.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:40 pm

:thinking: ....Wonder if there's good money in that, in my neck of the woods?

Postby BobR » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:49 am

I have an account with Yahoo for $9.95 a month. No ads and my own domain name. I use Dreamweaver Ultra-Dev to develop the site and it has a direct FTP setup for posting. I have also had a business site with GoDaddy and it work out well for about the same price.
Bob Richert
Parrish, FL
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars"
BobR
Donating Member

Postby beverlyt » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:15 am

Doug,
I also use freewebs. I bought the package for $10.00 per year that lets you download pretty much unlimited photos and files. You can add plenty of text.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby engled » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:54 am

It would seam that all of you have internet access, does your ISP not offer web space as part of their basic package? Most offer 5-10 meg with ftp access, you might want to check.
engled
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Arne » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:56 pm

Yes, my isp does. I did check into it, and if I remember correctly, it was not the free blessing it seemed at first.... so I didn't persue it to the bitter end.

ACtually, I now have a 3rd freeweb site for my investing stuff, a few charts, nothing major..... all with the same email address, so it would seem if the limitations aren't a biggie, it works pretty well, pics and text... it isn't real sophisticated, but good enough for me.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Larry Messaros » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:09 am

engled wrote:It would seam that all of you have internet access, does your ISP not offer web space as part of their basic package? Most offer 5-10 meg with ftp access, you might want to check.

I ended up going with another host because my ISP could not offer me my own domain email address. I got tired of changing email addresses from other ISP's so with this account, which is $5.95 Canadian/month I can create up to 50 email addresses. If one email address starts creating a problem, I can shut it down and create another. This way, if I move, I don't have to worry about changing addresses if I change providers.

My website also has a lot more tools and neat stuff where as my ISP just offers the basics with not many added features.
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Off Topic