A real bad a**

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

A real bad a**

Postby Denzagrad » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:39 pm

A packing/hunting trip in Arizona got some excitment when the company was attacked by a large cougar.

What comes to the rescue?...one of the mules.

Pics and story here:

http://www.forumerica.com/test/index.ph ... &f=16&t=27
Denzagrad
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:37 pm

omg what a bad a**, we all need a friend like that :shock: :? :applause:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby D. Tillery » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:25 am

Great story and pics. Many ranchers use mules to protect their herds from predators. But I've never seen one work before. They call them "Stomp-Jacks" in Texas.

D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Re: A real bad a**

Postby Joseph » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:11 pm

Denzagrad wrote:Pics and story here

And the rest of the story here.

Quoting from the site:

"It's quite possible that, as often happens, the photographs are real, but someone has fabricated an inaccurate description to accompany them. For example, in the first picture the mountain lion appears to have a trap and/or chain fastened to one of its legs, and none of the photographs convincingly demonstrates that the big cat was alive at the time the pictures were taken. It might be, therefore, that the mountain lion had already been caught and killed by other means, and this sequence of photographs simply shows the equine picking up its lifeless body."

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Denzagrad » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:57 am

Joseph wrote:
Denzagrad wrote:Pics and story here

And the rest of the story here.

Quoting from the site:

"It's quite possible that, as often happens, the photographs are real, but someone has fabricated an inaccurate description to accompany them. For example, in the first picture the mountain lion appears to have a trap and/or chain fastened to one of its legs, and none of the photographs convincingly demonstrates that the big cat was alive at the time the pictures were taken. It might be, therefore, that the mountain lion had already been caught and killed by other means, and this sequence of photographs simply shows the equine picking up its lifeless body."

Joseph

Perhaps - its still cool pictures of a mule doing something unusual. Besides, Snopes is not exactly known as either an authority or is it known for being credible. I read Snopes with a grain of salt as well. :thinking:
Denzagrad
Teardrop Advisor

Postby D. Tillery » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:06 am

I also read somewhere out there on the wwwasteland that the first lunar landing was filmed in Arizona and I got some pretty good advice on making a foil hat to prevent mind control. All make for good enteriainment anyway. Josepn, That's a fun site.

D. Tillery
D. Tillery
D. Tillery
Teardrop Master

Postby Joseph » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:18 am

Denzagrad wrote:Besides, Snopes is not exactly known as either an authority or is it known for being credible.

In what way? Every time I get a forward of a forward of a forward of an e-rumor, that's where I go to check it out and they haven't let me down yet. They not only tell you that it's bunk but they provide the proof.

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby angib » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:20 pm

D. Tillery wrote:I also read somewhere out there on the wwwasteland that the first lunar landing was filmed in Arizona and I got some pretty good advice on making a foil hat to prevent mind control.

Hey, look here, some people may want to get into a fight about whether or not an ass killed a lion but don't take that as any license to start badmouthing my foil hat - if you wore one, you'd know all the answers like me.

Andrew 8)
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Bad Ass. It took me awhile, but I finally caught on. Bad Ass. Funny.

I do not believe a mule could catch a cougar by the tail, as the first photo shows. It had to have been dead already.
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby Joseph » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:06 pm

Hey Andrew
angib wrote:...don't take that as any license to start badmouthing my foil hat - if you wore one, you'd know all the answers like me.

Tinfoil works to disburse the Z-rays so they don't penetrate your brain, but I used a piece of leftover aluminum from my teardrop, polished to a high shine. Now they get reflected right back to the originator. Payback time!

Joseph
Joseph
Teardrop Pirate

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:27 pm

I'm with Joseph on this one.
Pictures and words can tell a very convincing story, but not always the truth.
If I'm wrong, I'd bet that mule has a cape and can fly too...
... Look!... Up in the sky!... It's a plane!... No, It's a bird!...
... NO, IT'S SUPER _SS!!! :lol:

Postby Laredo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:41 pm

Pretty big mule but that cat didn't look like it was fighting back to me.

Now, what I do know is in mohair country in West Texas, donkeys are frequently turned loose with the herds of goats and/or sheep to protect them from coyotes, etc. It's cheaper than putting the big dogs (Komodors, etc.) out with the animals; the donkeys can eat right beside their charges as well, and don't pose as big an additional veterinary bill as dogs.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:21 pm

D. Tillery wrote:I also read somewhere out there on the wwwasteland that the first lunar landing was filmed in Arizona and I got some pretty good advice on making a foil hat to prevent mind control. All make for good enteriainment anyway. Josepn, That's a fun site.

D. Tillery

I saw a show on National Geographic Channel about the lunar landing. They took every point that the conspiracy theorists came up with and debunked it. It was interesting
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:07 pm

It could be true. in the story it says that the "fight/attack" had been going on for some time before pictures were actually taken. I know first hand what donkeys can do to very large dogs. We have 7 donkeys, 6 llamas, 9 great Pyrenees dogs and 5 geese. They all work together to protect our 300+ goats. One day two pit bulls got into our pasture and our little female donkey killed one of the pits and one of our males got the other. these dogs were about 90lbs each. These guys do such a good job that the ranches on either side of us do not have a coyote problem any more.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Postby angib » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:32 pm

asianflava wrote:They took every point that the conspiracy theorists came up with and debunked it. It was interesting

Yeah, but those with a pressing need to debunk strike me as being as suspect as the conspiracy theorists - if they think they can explain everything, they can't know very much - the mark of real intelligence is knowing how little you know!

A good online article (though somewhat 'dry' to read) about conspiracy theories is here. I think Lobster magazine in general is rather good.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Next

Return to Off Topic