Angel Prayer List

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am

Bigwoods wrote:Russ we will be praying for you and your wife. Things like this draw a couple together in a new, very serious way. I believe in the power of prayer.

I feel a kinship with you and your concern. My wife Linda had a stroke yesterday and I got a call last night at 11:30 and the Dr. was asking questions a spouse never wants to be asked. I did not think she would be here today, but I called and she answered the phone and her voice was very clear. I'm off to see her.

Everytime I pray for Linda I will remember Russ's wife. Both of us will get through this and please pray for patience for the husbands too.

We will add Linda to the list as well. I am sure hearing her voice was a joy to you. Please keep us posted

Btw---all my biopsys' are clear! A blessing in it's self. I know Mike was seriously worried............
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Russ, I'm so sorry to hear about Melanie's health situation. But, like you said, Stage 0 is a good stage! I've always been an advocate for early mammogram's and exams. I've lost 2 people very close to me from breast cancer, one this past October. I feel both of their lives could have been saved if they wouldn't have put off there exams for YEARS!!!! If my insurance would pay for it I would go twice a year for a mammogram (not that I enjoy it...believe me, it's painful). Anyway, Russ, you and Melanie are in our prayers!!! Please keep us posted on her progress. Hang in there Mel.

Gregg, what a shocker to hear about Linda's stroke. Did she have any symptoms beforehand? I'm so sorry y'all are having to go through this. We will keep you both in our prayers. Tell her we are all pulling for her to have a complete recovery.

Miriam... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Happy to hear you got a clean report!!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Bigwoods » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 am

Becca

No real symptoms. About a year ago she had to sign a form in my office. She signed Mrs. Greg ____ Kinda scribbled a last name. I asked her what her name was and she has a far away stare. She never signed Mrs. Greg. I asked her her name and she would not respond except that she had a head ache. I noticed her mouth was crooked. I discussed it with our family Dr.

I was not totally surprised. Her spirits are good and we will get through this together.

Thanks Everyone
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby rxc463 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:29 am

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Ours are with you also.
The warmth that comes from this cyber family of people that I have never met overwhelms me. It is difficult to find even in the real world.
The next week or so is a flurry of appointments; x-rays, mri's, consultations and the like. Melanie is doing much better now that all the family members have been informed. That was a real struggle. She is a strong woman, after all, she has put up with me for nearly 29 years now.

I believe that God touches our lives every day in ways that we cannot fathom. There is a purpose to every breath that we take. We leave ourselves in His hands to lead us home. Peace be with you.
Russ

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
rxc463
The 300 Club

Postby Bigwoods » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:37 pm

I believe that God touches our lives every day in ways that we cannot fathom. There is a purpose to every breath that we take. We leave ourselves in His hands to lead us home. Peace be with you.

Thanks Russ.

An update on my wife Linda. Her right arm is most affected as is her speech. She has some memory problems also. She says the words are in her head, they just won't come out. She is in therapy and starts speech therapy tomorrow. While I was visiting today the TV was on a a fishing show came on. I joked with her that next summer we better head out camping and let her catch a big old fish. She smile and said "I will get better."

I continue to pray and for Melanie also.
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Little Girl Dying in our area

Postby BillandMarijo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:53 am

Christina Lonesky Stacey - I NEED HELP FROM ALL MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS!!!!!!!! My niece Amber has been fighting a severe brain disease for the past 12 years. She has been life flighted 110 times and she has been in 17 commas. She is coming to the end of the road. There is nothing more they can do for her. They say she pro......bably won't make it to next...... christmas. She loves getting mail. We wanted to see how many cards and ... See Moreletters she could get and from how many different states and countries. ... See MorePlease send her a card of encouragement and pass this on to everyone you know. Her name is Amber Dougherty 2766 Bald Eagle Pike Tyrone, Pa 16686. You can read about her at http://prayernet.geisinger.org Name code is damo56 Please help her outSee MoreGeisinger PrayerNet
See MoreGeisinger

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
To all TearDroppers,
Could you all say a prayer for a little girl who lives a few miles away from us. Her Aunt Christine Lonsky Stacy is my daughters friend and she has posted a plea for Cards and prayers on FaceBook so if anyone can add her to their prayers I would appreciate it. And if you have any cards lying around please send one.
Thank you,
Marijo and Bill :worship:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am

Just sent her some words of encourgement online. She's such a beautiful little girl....what a shame she has to go through this. Very tough.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby BillandMarijo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks Becca, Everytime I feel like complaining about a ache or pain I might think I have, Im going to think about this little girl.
Thanks for the prayers. :worship:
Marijo and Bill
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Prayer

Postby Rlowell » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 am

WOW! :applause: :applause:
I have just found this prayer request blog; I have been watching the other parts of this site and there seems to be a GREAT group of caring people that REALLY do care for other people around them.
The lord has promised that if we will go to him with our petitions with a humble heart filled with thanksgiving that he will grant our requests.
Thank you Lord that you hear us, for you love and your grace and pray that your will be done. For your Glory and our Good. Amen.
Rod
Plan your work...work your plan...at least that's the plan. Oh, just do it anyway!
gallery/image_page.php?album_id=1425&image_id=76342
Rlowell
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Becca and Teardroppers.
Just a little Thank you to all who have sent Amber cards and a kind message. I heard from her Aunt that she has recieved cards and messages and it has made her very happy and Amber said she feels like a movie star recieving fan mail. So just a thank you from Bill and I for taking Amber into your hearts.
And of course Thank you Becca for leaving kind words for Amber and her family. http://prayernet.geisinger.org/ Her code name is Damo56.
God Bless,
Marijo and Bill
So please if you have old cards lying around Please send them to
Amber Dougherty
2766 Bald Eagle Pike
Tyrone Pa 16686
Amber also has a FaceBook page if anyone is interested Its:
Card Drive For Amber
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am

[quote="BillandMarijo"]Becca and Teardroppers.
Just a little Thank you to all who have sent Amber cards and a kind message. I heard from her Aunt that she has recieved cards and messages and it has made her very happy and Amber said she feels like a movie star recieving fan mail. So just a thank you from Bill and I for taking Amber into your hearts.
And of course Thank you Becca for leaving kind words for Amber and her family. http://prayernet.geisinger.org/ Her code name is Damo56.
God Bless,
Marijo and Bill
Amber Dougherty
2766 Bald Eagle Pike
Tyrone Pa 16686
Card Drive For Amber

***********Update******************** :worship:
Amber has been Admitted to Geisinger Hospital this past Wednesday because her seizure are uncontrollable and she has been put into a induced coma. Please pray for her. :worship:
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 pm

BillandMarijo wrote:
BillandMarijo wrote:Becca and Teardroppers.
God Bless,
Marijo and Bill
Amber Dougherty
2766 Bald Eagle Pike
Tyrone Pa 16686
Card Drive For Amber

***********Update******************** :worship:
Amber has been Admitted to Geisinger Hospital this past Wednesday because her seizure are uncontrollable and she has been put into a induced coma. Please pray for her. :worship:

I'm sorry to hear she's back in the hospital. We will continue to pray for her and her family. That's gotta be tough.

I have a family friend (Tammy, 53) who has had severe seizures all her life. She has never been able to drive, get married, have kids or work. She wears a helmet when she is at home in case she falls without someone seeing her. She is such a sweet person but never really had a life outside of her home. On top of that, she was diagnosed with Cancer a couple of years ago. I've never heard her complain about her life although I know she wishes it would have been different. Her family involves her in everything, as much as they can and that has made a huge difference in her attitude toward life.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby rxc463 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:09 am

I posted earlier that my wife Melanie, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is scheduled for surgery on this coming Thursday. All is expected to go well. This has been the biggest bump in our road trip together. The healing power of prayer is undeniable. Please keep us in your thoughts. I can't begin to tell you all how great it is just to have a place like this to post a thought when I need to.
Russ

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
rxc463
The 300 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:36 am

Russ,
You and your beautiful wife will be in our thoughts and prayers. :worship:
God Bless,
Marijo and Bill
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 am

Russ, we've got Melanie's back with prayers! Keep positive thoughts going...we sure are! Hang in there Mel and Russ. :worship:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic