Angel Prayer List

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:40 am

Frosteez wrote:Hey Becca, I've been kinda out there lately. Cathy's mother had a new knee put in Monday, her brother had gastric bypass surgery Tues., Had to put our 11 year old german shepherd to sleep Monday, we have a little girl and boy foster kids living with us now. The girl is new to us but I went on a Jr. Hi camping trip w/church last weekend and took her. She fits in really well. Our worship leader's best friend died this week of brain cancer- he was 28. I'm leading Sunday. So, yes there is a God- our God! And yes He watches over us and loves us, because Cathy and I have been overwhelmed for 2 weeks solid and can still have a sense of humor(mostly) and worship Him.The kids are awesome- though w/everything else, also overwhelming sometimes. Thank God for wives, mother-in-laws and kids.[/i][/b]

Froste, you need some serious hugs and lots of prayers. You poor guy...you have had a terrible week. You and Cathy are such Angles. I admire and respect what you are doing for all of these people but you need time for yourselves too. That is not selfish, it's human nature and it's all about love. I am sorry to hear about the gentleman that died at 28. His life had only just begun. But The Lord needs him there to finish the rest of his life, without cancer, without pain but with unending love and peace. :worship:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Re: Bob

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:44 am

BillandMarijo wrote:Becca,
Bob just came into work today to visit everyone. He said so far he doesnt have alot of pain. He just says hes praying alot and hopes his family will be alright. I told him we are all praying for him.
Thank you Becca for asking.
Bill

I'm glad to hear he is not in any pain so far. Our prayers will always be with him and you are welcome. :worship:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Walt M » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:29 am

Hey all, to drop in on this thread is nothing short of amazing. God's people finding and giving encouragement to one another. most, never having met each other but realizing the power and comfort of God's love. I never thought I would sit at my pc, go into prayer and feel like I have new friends, Brothers and Sister in Christ. Not letting the differences come between us, but joining together for the comfort of one another. As I pray for the concerns mentioned here. I ask that God see the things troubling us that lie in our hearts and go unmentioned, and send the Holy Spirit to heal those things too. To those that are hurting , know we stand together and you're not alone, and for those who come here to pray, put on the armor of God, stand stead fast and when you feel that you might be faltering please ask for prayer. God's Blessings, In His Name, Your Brother in Christ, Walt
All that is needed for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.
Walt M
The 300 Club

Postby cccamper » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
cccamper wrote:A doctor finally has diagnosed the problem that causes Sandra to have difficult pregnancies and the sweet baby passes away by a couple months time. She is now newly pregnant and is taking two shots a day that make up for her deficiency. She has a huge needle phobia.

So would you mind saying a prayer for Sandra? For her to allow herself the courage to overcome the needle problem. And especially for a safe pregnancy and delivery.

tuk tuk

Elizabeth and Robert

"For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion,

have mercy on us and on the whole world."

E and Robert, my heart goes out to Sandra. Please Sandra know that we are praying for your fear of needles to be put away so that you may concentrate on keeping this baby healthy inside of you, concentrate on being a strong person, a mother tiger and no needle will keep you in stress. Take a deep breath, take your mind away from the needle situation and think of things you will dress him or her in, the walks you will take, the slides you will slide down, the swings you will push. Just take your mind out of the room when they have to stick you. It will work - I make this promise to you. I was deathly afraid of needles for such a long time that I would foolishly ask to be put to sleep in order to get a shot. Well, NO, they wouldn't do it but I cried and cried and then realized it was over. I finally got past that and began doing what I said above and it works. Just try it Sandra...don't let that consume you...you control it and your thoughts and you will be surprised. Blessings to you.

Becca, thanks for the prayers. I have one child, Seth, and he and Sandra is my only hope for grandchildren. They have so much *sense*, so mature. But fun.

Jesus is being petitioned, now it's in His hands because He makes a lot better plans than I do! :)

My heart and prayers go out to everyone else.

elizabeth
Robert and Elizabeth - "e"
Guppy the Tiny Teardrop

"Naked people have little to no influence
on society." - - Mark Twain
cccamper
Platinum Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm at work right now, just got out of a meeting. My heart is hurting :( from this and other things.

The prayers need to be sent for my coworker and friend Maria Mendoza.
She's about 42 yrs old , has kids still at home, married. Just found out recently she has kidney cancer and it has spread to her lungs already, she will have surgery Monday to remove a kidney and do a bone scan to see if it has spread further to her brain or bones and decide whether to do treatment. The doctor has told her the outlook is not good, and she might have only a year or so.
Maria is not a close friend, she sits a couple of sections over in our dept of 40 people but a coworker friend and a sweet woman! It's very sad to hear of this !

thanks all. :cry:
Last edited by oklahomajewel on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Aww Jules, I am so sorry to hear that about your co-worker, Maria. She is too young to be put through this horrible challenge.

Our prayers go out to Maria, her family, you and your co-workers because this will be hard on all of you.

Prayer partners, we need some deep prayers for Maria.

:worship:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Frosteez » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:00 pm

We have our prayer group tonight and will certainly pray God's peace over her and all her co-workers.
Frosteez
Teardrop Builder

New Prayer Request

Postby Frosteez » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 pm

One of our good friends, Dan Dailey, is in intensive care. He was struck by some kind of virus last week. Usually he is very active and works out daily but he was getting confused and losing his strength rapidly. Mari, his wife, is a nurse. He is now still on a respirator and probably out of the woods but will have a long recovery period. They are believers so would appreciate everyone's prayers. They do believe in miracles!
Frosteez
Teardrop Builder

Re: New Prayer Request

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Frosteez wrote:One of our good friends, Dan Dailey, is in intensive care. He was struck by some kind of virus last week. Usually he is very active and works out daily but he was getting confused and losing his strength rapidly. Mari, his wife, is a nurse. He is now still on a respirator and probably out of the woods but will have a long recovery period. They are believers so would appreciate everyone's prayers. They do believe in miracles!

We will certainly keep Dan and his family in our prayers. Do you know what kind of virus?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: New Prayer Request

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 am

Frosteez wrote:One of our good friends, Dan Dailey, is in intensive care. He was struck by some kind of virus last week. Usually he is very active and works out daily but he was getting confused and losing his strength rapidly. Mari, his wife, is a nurse. He is now still on a respirator and probably out of the woods but will have a long recovery period. They are believers so would appreciate everyone's prayers. They do believe in miracles!

He is being prayed for as we speak. How is he doing?

Julie, how's your co-worker Maria doing? Boy!...this world could sure use a bucket of miracles right now.

~ ~ Perform a kind gesture for someone today. . .it will amaze you how good it will make your heart feel ~ ~ :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Walt M » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:23 pm

this world could sure use a bucket of miracles right now.

From your mouth to God's ear. Amen.
All that is needed for evil to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.
Walt M
The 300 Club

Postby Gaelen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:43 pm

not a bucketful of miracles...but one small one--and for all of your good thoughts get me here, I am very grateful.

I finished chemo two weeks ago, and last weekend did my first long-distance dog show trip. It was hard and exhausting to be on the road for four days--but I showed my dog, I stewarded a morning in a ring that needed help, I was able to bring a dog home for another exhibitor (which meant managing three dogs on the road). While I'm still not quite feeling like my old self, I DID get a lot of good training in and made plans to join friends at the english cocker nationals in April in Ohio. I made plans to show Madison again in January at least two weekends, and committed to starting her in classes again after Christmas.

When you're doing chemo and recovering from surgery, it seems like things will never get better and the feeling awful will never end. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel--and I've got reservations made for 2009's TearUp the Adirondacks. There's going to be a tomorrow, and I'm going to be living it.

Thank you, everyone, for the good thoughts!
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby apratt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Glad that you are doing good Gaelen :thumbsup: . The first time I went through chemo, it took me awhile to get over it, whew!!. Now I am going through it again. Haven't seen the light at the end of the tunnel yet, I hope it comes soon, been on chemo a long time now. A tough battle now, but I am going to keep on kicking. Not giving up!
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Gaelen and Arthur...you know we are all praying for your complete recovery. I can't say I know what you are going through because I don't...I can only imagine. If our prayers could heal, you would both be free of your disease and living a pain free life. God bless you.

Wishing you both and my Teardrop forum buddies a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Frosteez » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:22 am

Thank you all. My friend Dan Dailey had his tube taken out today and is breathing on his own. Thank God and all you wonderful people for believing in prayer.
Frosteez
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic