Is it always stressful?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby David Grason » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:54 am

Well, I'm doing the entire build myself. But I keep mocking things up just to see how it's going to look. I call it "peering into the future." Ha ha. I've probably wasted way too much time just setting things together just so I could look at it.

Aint that silly?! :chicken:

Now the worst part is that the weather is getting really nice around here and the call of the campfire is strong in my caveman ancestry .... or something like that. Yeah, I'm pushing hard to "GIT 'ER DONE!"
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

Postby Arne » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:10 am

Well, it tends to keep you from getting to sleep at night thinking about the next 20 steps in the build process...... and you go over and over and over them in your mentally tortured brain..... and you walk around in a teardrop-fuzz all the next day....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby purplepickup » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 am

A hundred miles isn't bad. How's about going to visit your dad while he's working on it. You'll get to see the progress, appreciate his handywork, and spend some quality family time while you can.

I wish my dad was still alive and here to help me.
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby Chip » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:23 am

Cant imagine the stress of waiting on others to build this and that and coordinate all the stuff,, like arne said I lost enough sleep thinking about the next 20 steps and the previous 10 that I need to redo couse i didnt loose enough sleep thinking about them in the first place,,, This is supose to be relaxing isnt it??????????????? Damn sure was fun though!!!!!

chip
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:29 am

I've done it both ways. Building it is definitely lots of fun. I would definitely recommend building to anyone who knows how to hold a jig saw and a circular saw.

Waiting while someone else builds your teardrop definitely teaches you patience! :o And you might feel a little less tempted to make modifications. But for the folks that feel they just can't build one, there are not many alternatives.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Larwyn » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:59 am

Teardrop construction was rained out on Sunday. Working out of town all week to return home for another rainy weekend. And this has been the norm since I started construction.

If I have learned only one thing since I started this project it is patience. But it does wear thin at times.... :)
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby TRAIL-OF-TEARS » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:56 pm

Larwyn wrote:Teardrop construction was rained out on Sunday. Working out of town all week to return home for another rainy weekend. And this has been the norm since I started construction.

If I have learned only one thing since I started this project it is patience. But it does wear thin at times.... :)

Larwyn I feel your pain I have been triying to work on my tear since christmas and I have only got to work on it two times. I hope this weekend stays nice. :worship: I have the sides up and will work on the front and the rest of the spars this weekend.
Steve J.

Home built Camp-Inn clone.
GO SPURS GO
TRAIL-OF-TEARS
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic