PICTURES

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

PICTURES

Postby ALAN GEDDES » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:59 pm

:? I give up. I can build you a tear in three weeks. I can remove and install a VW engine in 45 minutes. I can work on your helicopter. I'll build you a custom chopper in a month. But I will never figure out how to post pictures to this site. I have spent hours upon hours attempting to do so and give up. I've read and printed and followed instructions until I'm beyond frustration. Maybe I can find a ten year old to show me how it's done. :x :x :x
Alan
ALAN GEDDES
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bg » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Alan,

This is the best example i can give

Start a new post/thread

Click the "Img" button and "paste" the URL to your picture then click the Img button again

You should end up with something like this
[img]http://www.teardrops.us/userfiles/alan/Hpim0004.jpg[/img]

You should be able to submit it and post the picture.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby David Grason » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:23 pm

You forgot to use this smiley: :frustrated:

Seriously, it has taken me a long time to figure it out myself but I finally did. Hang in there.

In order to get the URL, open up your photo when you're on the www.teardrops.us site and right click on the address line at the top of the page in your browser. A little box opens up and you click on "copy." Then when you want to attach it to your post, you right click again, your little box opens up again and then click on "paste."

Finally, click on "Img" again to tell the forum's software that you're going to go back and type some more.
I am NOT a complete idiot! Some of the pieces are missing.
David Grason
Teardrop Master

photos posting

Postby doug hodder » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:06 am

Alan...I understand your frustration... I can't do jack "you know what" in terms of posting photos either. My problem is that I have to figure it all out in about 59 minutes as I am sponsoring the gift certificate contest and need to get it done. Don't think it is going to happen tonight. My concern is that everyone is going to think my contest was a scam, and it isn't. I want to post the winner on the Notices forum, but not being a moderator I can't post there. I'm going to put out the message to a couple of moderators and have them post the winner on the forum, with the picture. Gawd..... computers are confusing sometimes. But then I'm one of the guys that actually know how to use a slide rule. Hang in there guy, maybe we'll "GIT R DONE". Doug Hodder :frustrated:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:20 am

Hey Doug,
I've got your winner's thread all started for you. All you need to do is post your information in the new thread.
If you need me to post a picture, I'd be happy to do that, then later you can go back and hit edit, then you will see how to type the information in.

Alan that goes for you also, if you want to post a message, just make sure you have the url address of where your picture is located on the internet. After I get it edited for you, you can go back in and click edit also and see how it needs to be typed.

Postby SteveH » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:20 am

Allen,

It should work like this:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:34 am

Alan,
See the image that Steve posted above...
He took this....http://tnttt.com/album_ ... pic_id=755
Except he put [img] at the begining, just in front of http:///.... without any spaces...
Then he put [/img] at the end, just after id=775... with out any spaces.

Note: Sometimes people leave a space in their title of their image when they copy it from their computer and upload it to the internet....
Example.... http://www.johnsplace.com/images/My Bitchen Teardrop Galley.jpeg (Please disregard the different colors of type here)

You need to fill the spaces with %20, to make it look like this....

http://www.johnsplace.com/images/My%20B ... alley.jpeg

Postby Arne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:56 am

I'm confused about the www.teardrops.us site. Is it for picture storage? Can I see other people's pictures? Can I post a url where people can see my picture?

I go there, log in, and can see my 1 uploaded picture, but that's it. I think I'm missing something.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby mikeschn » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:36 am

The teardrops.us site is primarily for picture storage. People who post their photos there typically embed them into their messages.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:44 am

Mike, gotch ya.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Return to Off Topic