Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Okay kiddos.... it's late night , Wed 2-25 and I did my Day FIVE of my p90x lean program. Today was Legs & Back.... oh Lord!!!
A really good aerobic workout with 50 minutes of all kinds of squats, dips, lunges, bends, and also working on the back with chinups... yes, I can do those, with one half foot on a chair for some stability... WHEW!!!!

Sweated my youknowwhatoff !!!! and had a yummy recovery drink.

Does anyone else here do a aerobic workout where you're really getting your heartrate up and putting out a good sweat?
I've read and seen some info about "recovery drinks" and I can tell you how to make a yummy one , drink it within 30 mins after the workout to replenish your protein and carbs and you won't crash and it will do your body good! I've made tonite's with banana.. mmm .. and last night had blackberry. Strawberry is good too.

Hang in there everybody!!!

Julie

when I am not so bothered by the gout.. I do something similar to what you do..

I use the Sean Burch Hyperfitness program.

He mixes things up a lot but does not break it down to body part days like your program.

http://www.seanburch.com/

with his all you need to buy the book.. although they do now have Cd's available which are not required but many people would find it helpful to see some of the exercises vs just reading the descriptions.

with maybe some exceptions the important thing is that you find something that works for you.. and you do it.

I work at a bicycle shop that also sells quality exercise equipment... and people are always asking is which piece is the best.
" the one you like and will use" us what we answer.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Okay... here I am checking in again... Did my day 6 "Kenpo" karate/boxing type cardio ....
Im ready to shower and hit the bed now...
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:36 am

last night we did a two hour snowshoe..
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:31 am

:shock: Do you know the fitness channel has belly dancing lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol: I figure if I watch a bunch of different shows I will not be so bored. There are some more lively aerobic programs on. I have decided to do two a day when I can't get out to walk.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Miriam C. wrote::shock: Do you know the fitness channel has belly dancing lessons. :lol: :lol: :lol: I figure if I watch a bunch of different shows I will not be so bored. There are some more lively aerobic programs on. I have decided to do two a day when I can't get out to walk.

photos 8)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm

I have done a fairly decent weight workout today... :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Fenlason wrote:I have done a fairly decent weight workout today... :D

I did a wheelchair push and suticase tow throught the Baltimore airport today!! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby iplay10us2 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Just did 2.5 miles with the dogs and the last 1/2 mile was at a pretty good clip because we were trying to outrun the storm. We did make it home before the thunder and rain began.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm

toypusher wrote:
Fenlason wrote:I have done a fairly decent weight workout today... :D

I did a wheelchair push and suticase tow throught the Baltimore airport today!! :D
:bowdown: :bowdown:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm

iplay10us2 wrote:Just did 2.5 miles with the dogs and the last 1/2 mile was at a pretty good clip because we were trying to outrun the storm. We did make it home before the thunder and rain began.

:thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Steve E » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:39 pm

We are still doing our normal walk/bike ride each day. Steve now has added a 30 minute workout on his stationary bike in his shop. He sure is accomplishing alot on the Serro lately too....I just keep cracking that ole whip on him.......Get er Done....... :) Now if we could just cool it on our eating we'd be in good shape.....Good weather better come pretty fast or we will have one tight squeeze in that teardrop of ours. 4X10 doesn't allow for much "growing" room..........May be bringing that tent attachment yet!!! :roll: You all are sure inspiring...Lots of great workouts for sure!!!!!!!!!!! Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby RogHodge » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:27 pm

I get on the treadmill 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. Was up to 1.5 hrs- around 7 miles but it took too much time from schoolwork. The wife and I are going to do a 5k in Disneyland this summer and I will do the Disney ½ marathon next year. :thumbsup:
For those who would like to have a look I have a build journal and covet your feedback.
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=33547
RogHodge
Teardrop Master

Exercise

Postby scott and becky » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:15 am

Well we survived last weekend with the grandkids! We camped at Kumeyaay Campground with the teardrop,visited the Nature Center in Chula Vista,hiked through Mission Trails Regional Park, and rode our bikes at the beach.
This week we have walked at least an hour and rode the stationary bike for 30 min. everyday.
Today we walked 3 miles through the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Area near our home.

Scott and Becky :D 8)
Last edited by scott and becky on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never get lost..there's just some times I don't know where I'm at!

scott and becky
Teardrop Master

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:57 am

Well, I'm so tired now but it's midnight , so that figures....

Did about 30 minutes of the stretch video ,,, then did the hour of Core Synergetics... pushups, funky midsection workouts... hard to describe .

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:55 am

I was a complete slug yesterday. It was cold, wet and windy, and snowy later that day, so no walk for the dogs and me. I couldn't even drag myself to the treadmill, either.

Today, the sun is out and will warm to 50, and I have organized a group hike on a 3.5 mile trail this afternoon.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic