Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Last night it was just Bill and I on our Mountain bike ride.. it was fairly casual.. but it was good to get out. :D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

walking

Postby honeask » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 am

It may be a little late for this post since we are just around the corner for 2011 but I walk four miles Mon. - Fri. with a walking buddy at 7:00 am. Good thing someone is waiting for me to walk cause cold mornings are best left to coffee and fuzzy slippers.
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Re: walking

Postby MountainBiker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:01 pm

honeask wrote:It may be a little late for this post since we are just around the corner for 2011 but I walk four miles Mon. - Fri. with a walking buddy at 7:00 am. Good thing someone is waiting for me to walk cause cold mornings are best left to coffee and fuzzy slippers.

Ya I know what ya mean...cold walks with the dog are getting tougher :shock:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I continue to work out a bit.. maybe 6 days a week. Sometimes more than once a day. I am doing a bit of strength training. We are hiking 2 to 3 times a week.. awaiting enough snow for snowshoes . I have also mountain biked 5 of the last 7 days.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Steve E » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Was there a New Years Resolution to not exercise in 2011?
Let's get moving Teardroppers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to keep in shape for all that great Dutch Oven Cookin' coming up in the not to distant future.... :twisted: :thumbsup: ;)
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 am

I have been exercising.. but at times I seem to be the only one here.. so I stopped posting.
We don't worry much about cold temps.. my wife's new boots are good to 65 below.. :lol: :lol:

Snowshoeing can be enough work, that it is fairly easy to dress for. We have had a couple of nights we were out at 8 below zero.. and not long into the hike I took my coat off. I had two thin shirts and a wool sweater.

Occasionally it is just the wife and I going out, but most often we are out with others. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 am

Thursday we had a great snowshoe. Temps were at about zero. 5 of us did about 4 miles.. some of it breaking trail in fairly deep snow... sinking in up over our knees. There is a tower on a hill top we like to hike to from friends. On the way we have a gravel pit to play in. On the way out.. we get to jump off .. and the way back.. we get to try the steep climbs.

Friday my wife and I tried a Fatbike ride in the snow.. with all the fresh snow the conditions weren't great... so it was maybe half and half.. walking vs riding.

Saturday we had our Fatbikes at a winter carnival for demo's. I got about 10 miles in on mine.. riding with the people trying them out, or at times "racing" skiers.. :D

Sunday we went out for a XC skis with a friend.

Monday night.. another snowshoe hike at a friends... over 6 miles.. 5 of us again.. but a different 5.. there are usually more on that one. This one is pretty hilly.. and it is a fairly fast hike. Actually a good part of it we are running.. :D

We took last night off.. and will do a group Fat Bike ride tonight. :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby MountainBiker » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I've been doing a lot of walking with the dog...didn't think that was exciting enough to post :?

Anyway, plan to get on the bike in a few weeks, snow or no snow :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I quit society when I found out toothpicks came with instructions
MountainBiker
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:47 am

We did a snow bike last night.. 5 of us. We were out about an hour and a half.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 pm

We did a snowshoe tonight.. we were out an hour and 38 minutes. I did some running on part of it.. and we played in a gravel pit a bit.. It was a great workout.. climbing up and down the steep hills..

interestingly there was 5 of us again.. but a different 5..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Today we did a mountain bike ride. We had someone that wanted to shoot some video for the mountain bike club. We rode on some groomed xc skis trails..it is a place that allows us. Some of it is nice and twisty and hilly. It was quite a workout. Bill and I did about 10 miles. I don't think anyone else stayed with us the whole time.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:49 pm

just back from an 18+ mile mountain bike ride.. :D
Last edited by Fenlason on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Steve E » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I know what you mean as I as well exercise each day but it is just about the same thing so wasn't to interesting to share. I get my exercise in by walking about 4 miles a day at a pretty brisk pace and then just whatever else may come along on a certain day. Just thought it might be fun to post now and then on what people like to do....Some of you that have posted thru the last year or so are incredible in what activities keep you in shape. Good for You!!!! Must feel so good to be in such great shape.....Thanks for sharing thru the past year or so.....Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:44 am

My left knee had been bothering me a little.. so I backed off for a couple of days.

Wed. we did a beautiful snowshoe... we hiked to.. and up Mount Philips in Rome. 7 of us.. We started with a nice moon.. but it did cloud in before the top... but it was still beautiful.

Last night 3 of us here at our trails.. out for a couple of hours.. mostly breaking trail.. and in some places bushwacking.. We did have a beautiful moon with us the full time this time.. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Sat. My bride and I went for a trail ride from the house.. we were out about a couple of hours.. at a moderately easy pace.

Sunday Bill also joined us and we went out on a more aggressive ride, and were out for almost 4 hours.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic