Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:18 pm

I did about an hour ski

The back of my right knee is bothering me [I am not sure what I did] so did not do more. :(

I did also do a weight workout when I got back.

I will not stretch and such. :thumbsup:

I consider flexibility and balance as important as strength and aerobic fitness.

an indication of someone who seems old.. they are not flexible.. and they are they more easily loose the balance.

both are fairly easy to obtain or keep.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 pm

OH GOOD LORD !!!! My nap schedule for Sunday haha got off, but I did my Plyometrics dvd 2 of my P90x workout ... and .... WHEW !!! *#$& it's the mutha...

and I took my own pace, a little less high impact than what they do but I got thru it !!! I did it ... about an hour of good warm up, then lots of jumping , sports moves, tire hopping type , lots of getting up off the floor and leg work out with hands up.... Thank GOD I didn't just give up..
'It felt good to get thru it...

then my Recovery drink was yummy!!!! 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c water, 3/4 cup frozen blackberries .. 2 ice cubes ... blended good... mmm mmmmmm
I'll live...
'
now have a good low carb pork chops and sauerkraut inthe oven, might down some broccoli and little bit of cheese just so I can get thru the brocolli.
haha

Y'all hang in there !!!!! I am !!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 am

Good morning, it's Monday... .

or as some would say , Good God it's Monday morning!!!!

But I did roll myself out of bed a bit early this morning and got thru the 18 minutes Ab Ripper... then have a different workout tonite, can't rememmber which one.
I couldn't do quite all 349 ab moves , but I busted my gut trying!! I can only get better.

The rest of you ... hang in there... remember: You gotta eat, you gotta move, and you gotta breath!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Yesterday, I played 1.5 hours of tennis (doubles) and walked the dogs for 2.5 miles in the afternoon.

Today, it has just been a 2.5 miles with the dogs because I went to lunch and an art exhibit with a friend.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby starleen2 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Mile 1/2 hike around the neighborhood - but it's a start. Tomorrow I put the weights back on the exerciser and start the usual work out that we did before we moved
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey all... it's late, I did the workout ealier but just now getting on here to post.

YOGA YOGA YOGA !!! what a workout... yes, workout.

It's about strength and flexibility and balance and stretch. I think I sweated more in that hour that doing pushups and chin ups! whew!
But it was a relaxing type workout too.

Tomorrow is Legs & Back... oh and Ab Ripper in the morning... I better get to bed!!!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:52 am

my knee is another gout flare up.. :(

I was not able to do anything Monday on it, I did try about an hour ski last night on it.

today??
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 am

Fenlason wrote:my knee is another gout flare up.. :(

I was not able to do anything Monday on it, I did try about an hour ski last night on it.

today??

:thinking: Didn't your knee act up last year too. :thinking: Do you keep a health calendar? :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby toypusher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 pm

I changed out the outside lights on my garage yesterday and was up and down the step ladder what seemed like a hundred times or more. That counts as exercise, right??? :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 pm

Just back from a 3.25 mile neighborhood walk with the dogs. It was interesting because I let them pick the route we would take instead of me leading them on the streets I wanted to walk. They walked down some streets that I have never walked them on before. They seemed to be following their noses.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:00 am

Okay kiddos.... it's late night , Wed 2-25 and I did my Day FIVE of my p90x lean program. Today was Legs & Back.... oh Lord!!!
A really good aerobic workout with 50 minutes of all kinds of squats, dips, lunges, bends, and also working on the back with chinups... yes, I can do those, with one half foot on a chair for some stability... WHEW!!!!

Sweated my youknowwhatoff !!!! and had a yummy recovery drink.

Does anyone else here do a aerobic workout where you're really getting your heartrate up and putting out a good sweat?
I've read and seen some info about "recovery drinks" and I can tell you how to make a yummy one , drink it within 30 mins after the workout to replenish your protein and carbs and you won't crash and it will do your body good! I've made tonite's with banana.. mmm .. and last night had blackberry. Strawberry is good too.

Hang in there everybody!!!

Julie
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Julie:

Your workouts make me tired hearing about them. Aerobic/heart rate is difficult for me because I only have one lung, so I go for distance at a decent pace and not speed.

I took the dogs out hiking/geocaching with me today and we managed 3 miles. It was a nice city park I hadn't visited in quite some time. I was the only one there so I was able to let the dogs off-leash so they could have more fun.

Now I am headed to see "Slumdog Millionaire."
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Miriam C. wrote:
Fenlason wrote:my knee is another gout flare up.. :(

today??

:thinking: Didn't your knee act up last year too. :thinking: Do you keep a health calendar? :thumbsup:

yes it did.. and probably many times in between.

Since my fast in Oct. I have only been about 4weeks without some kind of qout pain.. Most of it I can function through.. this one not so.

last years was perhaps a week or so later than this..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:12 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Okay kiddos.... it's late night , Wed 2-25 and I did my Day FIVE of my p90x lean program. Today was Legs & Back.... oh Lord!!!
A really good aerobic workout with 50 minutes of all kinds of squats, dips, lunges, bends, and also working on the back with chinups... yes, I can do those, with one half foot on a chair for some stability... WHEW!!!!

Does anyone else here do a aerobic workout where you're really getting your heartrate up and putting out a good sweat?
I've read and seen some info about "recovery drinks" and I can tell you how to make a yummy one , drink it within 30 mins after the workout to replenish your protein and carbs and you won't crash and it will do your body good! I've made tonite's with banana.. mmm .. and last night had blackberry. Strawberry is good too.

Julie

my skiing snowshoing and biking is generally pretty aggressive and quite aerobic.

My last bike ride [which was a little too intense.. I was with others] my pulse was about 88% of my max.. for an hour and 50 minutes.. where I had to slow down.. but still kept at still above 80% for the last 20 minutes.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:14 pm

oklahomajewel wrote:Okay kiddos.... it's late night , Wed 2-25 and I did my Day FIVE of my p90x lean program. Today was Legs & Back.... oh Lord!!!

Julie

I also do my own recovery drinks..

although sometimes I will use an ensure.. even a lowfat chocolate milk can do in a pinch.. it has a good mix of carbs and protein..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic