Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Exercise Anyone?????????????

Postby NightCap » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks guys. I saw a nice one at sports authority since I have a 100 dollar gift card thought I would use it for some of the cost. I have heard good things about elliptical machines. Not too sure how complicated repairs would be on one of them. Guess It would depend on what broke. Computer repair might be the toughest. Or do they just replace components?
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 am

An Elliptical is a good option. We will have people come in and ask what is the best machine [type of machine] our answer? "The one you will use" Bikes, [upright and recumbent] treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, all can give you a great workout. There are of course differences.. but what do you like to do?

Try out different Ellipticals. The strides vary from model to model. You may find one more to your liking than others.

As far as service.. the more important thing is parts.. are parts available.. and how easily available.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby NightCap » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

I guess I'll stick with my recumbent bike for a while and grab a good deal on an elliptical later. Yeah, I worry about getting parts. Seems like EVERYTHING is disposable these days. Thanks for the great info.
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm

NightCap wrote:I guess I'll stick with my recumbent bike for a while and grab a good deal on an elliptical later. Yeah, I worry about getting parts. Seems like EVERYTHING is disposable these days. Thanks for the great info.

I did not mean to talk you out of it.

The one you are looking at.. I don't know if parts are available or not. I just suggesting things you might want to look into. The stuff we sell, parts are available. We handle any warranties. We do repairs and maintenance as required or desired. On some product you the consumer have to try and get parts directly from the manufacturer [sometimes a big pain] and any warranty work might be done by an outside 3rd party. There are a wide range of of support out there.. from very very good.. to almost nil.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby asianflava » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Was gonna do a quick...or rather a short run because I'm in no ways quick, run today but my glutes and legs are sore. I was having back spasms last week and took it easy all week. Yesterday was the test to see how it is, I did power cleans and jerks at a much lower weight than I normally do. I have to get back to my run training since I'm doing a zombie run in a couple weeks. It's like a mudder with zombies chasing you.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby NightCap » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

No, you didn't discourage me, I am thinking I might save some bucks by waiting a while. Maybe find a good one that someone want to unload. I'm still saving up to get electricity to the garage. What brand do you sell?
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 am

asianflava wrote:Was gonna do a quick...or rather a short run because I'm in no ways quick, run today but my glutes and legs are sore. I was having back spasms last week and took it easy all week. Yesterday was the test to see how it is, I did power cleans and jerks at a much lower weight than I normally do. I have to get back to my run training since I'm doing a zombie run in a couple weeks. It's like a mudder with zombies chasing you.

I googled that after reading your post. That sounds like a hoot!!! :D Good luck and Have fun. :thumbsup:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 am

NightCap wrote:No, you didn't discourage me, I am thinking I might save some bucks by waiting a while. Maybe find a good one that someone want to unload. I'm still saving up to get electricity to the garage. What brand do you sell?

:thumbsup: We sell the Vision Brand, and Precor Ellipticals
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby asianflava » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Fenlason wrote:
asianflava wrote:Was gonna do a quick...or rather a short run because I'm in no ways quick, run today but my glutes and legs are sore. I was having back spasms last week and took it easy all week. Yesterday was the test to see how it is, I did power cleans and jerks at a much lower weight than I normally do. I have to get back to my run training since I'm doing a zombie run in a couple weeks. It's like a mudder with zombies chasing you.

I googled that after reading your post. That sounds like a hoot!!! :D Good luck and Have fun. :thumbsup:

It's only a 5K so it's relatively short, I'm more worried about slipping on the mud and pulling something. There are a couple knock-offs but this is the one I'm doing: http://www.runforyourlives.com
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 pm

asianflava wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

It's only a 5K so it's relatively short, I'm more worried about slipping on the mud and pulling something. There are a couple knock-offs but this is the one I'm doing: http://www.runforyourlives.com

Thanks.. it looks like fun.. good luck.. and please give us a report after. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Prem » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 pm

My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Prem wrote:A New Health Test:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/weird-test-predicts-longevity

Interesting.. :thinking:

I should be good to go... :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Prem » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm

:thumbsup:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:59 am

Steve E wrote:It's the New Year...How many of us have packed on a few pounds and want to get out there and start exercising for the "health of it"......
Who's wanting to join in and sign in every day by 8:00 PM with some form of exercise they did that day....Maybe with the support of each other we can get healthier and shed a few lbs. to have more sleeping room in our tiny travel trailers....Lets's see how many of us can post starting tomorrow and see what happens in a full week!!!!!! Ready set....GO!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

bump… I thought I might try to revive this thread. I don't know if the forum even has the activity any more for it to happen, or if there are enough active people.. but if it can inspire or motivate someone… it is worth a shot. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 pm

We were born to be active. We are healthier, and happier when we are active. I myself have been pretty active most of my life. In the past few years, I have had flash backs of childhood memories.. of watching Jack Lalanne's show. In my memory I hated the show.. yet I think his simple messages kind of stuck. For the most part I don't endure workouts in the hopes I will live longer.. I play.. because I enjoy it. I feel better when I work out, and my mental state is better. None of us know when we will be called home, but I hope to have a better quality of life with what ever time I am given. :D
Last edited by Fenlason on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic