Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Exercise Anyone?????????????

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:35 pm

I got a 2 hour bike ride in this morning. We had temps in the low 30's and it was quite windy. The road was pretty good here at the house when I headed out, but i did hit some wet roads, and ice in places. :o
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Our temps were in the upper 50's at noon today. And the sun was shining too! What a change from all those polar vortexes. I got outside and walked briskly during my lunch break. :thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm

mikeschn wrote:Our temps were in the upper 50's at noon today. And the sun was shining too! What a change from all those polar vortexes. I got outside and walked briskly during my lunch break. :thumbsup:

Mike...

A week ago we were still below zero.. so even todays weather was a break for us. We are supposed to be warmer and sunnier this week. :D :twisted:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Tommy2tone_1999 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:07 am

I'm in the last 30 days of a round of P90X3 LOVE this program. My Teadrop build will be called "The Mobile Fit Club" You see I'm a Beachbody Coach. I plan to use my Teardrop to promote my business by bringing it to Fun Runs and Health Fairs. The hatch will have a pull-down window shade to be used as a projector screen to play fitness routine videos so that people can try them out. I will also have the portable blender to mix up shakes and smoothies for folks to try. ;)
Make time for fitness and it'll make time for you.
http://TommyDoran.com
http://tommydoran.com/favor
Interview: http://goo.gl/Non1oR
Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58395
Come find me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tommy.doran
Tommy2tone_1999
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 am

Tommy2tone_1999 wrote:I'm in the last 30 days of a round of P90X3 LOVE this program. My Teadrop build will be called "The Mobile Fit Club" You see I'm a Beachbody Coach. I plan to use my Teardrop to promote my business by bringing it to Fun Runs and Health Fairs. The hatch will have a pull-down window shade to be used as a projector screen to play fitness routine videos so that people can try them out. I will also have the portable blender to mix up shakes and smoothies for folks to try. ;)

Awesome… :thumbsup:

My passion is cycling.. although I do a wide range fitness "activities". My wife and I try to help get people more active also. We have been building our own trail network for years.. and host / lead Mountain bike rides, and hikes /snowshoes… and in season also lead road rides.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Another road ride in. 22 miles. We are sort of in an in-between season. We have been trail riding on frozen snowmobile trails.. and that has ended, but we are of course not ready for summer trail riding for a while yet. So we have just started riding the road. We are road riders also.. and do often ride roads in the winter some, but the trails have been so good.. we really haven't been on the road much yet.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:49 pm

I was hoping to get a ride in today, but ran out of time [We still have limited daylight] I did get a decent weight workout in. I am anxious to get outside to some of my other "tools". I have some flipping tires and a sledge hammer "station" but they still have 2 to 3 feet of snow on them. :roll:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:08 pm

I've been hitting the gym almost every day for about 6 months now and it's been great. Awesome release! I started to get lazy and lost 30lbs of muscle 2 years ago after my deployment but now I'm stronger than I was and weigh less. It may be vain to judge myself on how much I'm lifting but I'm proud of it.
Just need to get my cardio up, 12 mile rides to work would help if I could get myself motivated @ 5am. :? The last few mournings have been perfect 65* F. A riding partner would help, wanna come down to Louisiana Glenn?
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
Build thread - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54126
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

RandyG wrote:I've been hitting the gym almost every day for about 6 months now and it's been great. Awesome release! I started to get lazy and lost 30lbs of muscle 2 years ago after my deployment but now I'm stronger than I was and weigh less. It may be vain to judge myself on how much I'm lifting but I'm proud of it.
Just need to get my cardio up, 12 mile rides to work would help if I could get myself motivated @ 5am. :? The last few mournings have been perfect 65* F. A riding partner would help, wanna come down to Louisiana Glenn?

:lol: :lol: I would happily ride with you.. but probably not in Louisiana…. :roll: :whistle:

Congratulations on work. I don't think it is vain.. to be excited about what you are doing. I get excited myself about my gains. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I am not feeling that great again /still. :(

I did get something of a core workout in. [not quite as much as I wanted] and then another bike ride. I accidentally missed a turn.. so I think I might have taken a short cut.. although it was a hillier option.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm

We did a bike ride yesterday… I feel like I am loosing some of the benefit for all the riding I did last winter, but yesterdays ride was a little better.

We have done a good weight workout today, and will do a little playing around on the bikes today. We have a mix of snow and rain today, but we will play around inside a hockey rink. They have turf down now.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:06 pm

My exercise today consists of sanding the panels for the cabinets of the Nano Weekender. It's not real tough work, but I'm getting lots of vitamin D (sunshine)! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 pm

mikeschn wrote:My exercise today consists of sanding the panels for the cabinets of the Nano Weekender. It's not real tough work, but I'm getting lots of vitamin D (sunshine)! ;)

Mike...

You need a bike ride, after to blow the sawdust off you... :thinking: :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:12 pm

I'd go, but we have company right now. Actually Chell has company, and I'm baby sitting 3 mini schnauzers. Cause Chell and friend just went to the store to get a big honkin chunk of Pork Butt. The plan is to smoke it starting tomorrow morning! Maybe I can get that bike ride in tomorrow while the pork is smoking!

Mike...

Fenlason wrote:
mikeschn wrote:My exercise today consists of sanding the panels for the cabinets of the Nano Weekender. It's not real tough work, but I'm getting lots of vitamin D (sunshine)! ;)

Mike...

You need a bike ride, after to blow the sawdust off you... :thinking: :D
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:12 pm

We got 27 miles in today. 4 of us. We pushed the pace a little… and it was VERY windy. Our average wasn't that great.. but at least Laurie and I are on our sloppy weather bikes.. so not as light.. different gearing etc. It felt better than the past few rides. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic