Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Exercise Anyone?????????????

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:38 pm

I did a nice weight workout this afternoon. Then a 9 mile ride with Laurie, as a warm up to our group road ride. of 21 [it's all the time we have for right now because of daylight].. or lack there of. I then decided while the legs were warmed up and tired.. to finish the "frying" with a leg workout. Seated calf raise, standing calf raise, leg press, leg ext. and leg curl.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby RandyG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm

I slowed down to gym time twice or three times a week but next week the family is going to the in-laws so I will spend that wisely by trying to kill myself, beast mode engage! Might even break out the road bike.
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
Build thread - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54126
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 am

RandyG wrote:I slowed down to gym time twice or three times a week but next week the family is going to the in-laws so I will spend that wisely by trying to kill myself, beast mode engage! Might even break out the road bike.

BEAST MODE! :D :thumbsup:

I am feeling less than beastly as of late.. but I am trying to keep at it.. and trying to get back.. if I can.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:36 pm

I specifically took yesterday off… I have been trying to fit them in from time to time. Today's plan was a bike ride. With not a lot of sleep last night.. and headachy.. and with it very very windy out.. I was going to bail…..and I came really really close to it.. but then I talked myself into at least getting on the bike.. and just turning the feet over. Once dressed and on the bike.. We ended up doing our full loop. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 pm

I was up early doing some Kettle bell swing intervals.. and then we did another bike ride tonight.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Yesterday was a much needed leg day, incline leg press 780lbs, I'm feelin it today. Today was shoulders without military press, don't like that one.
We just got some new guys in this past month and for being straight out of basic training, you would think they would be in shape but they barely past a PT test. I may start training some of them, 5am workouts with Randyg!
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am

RandyG wrote:Yesterday was a much needed leg day, incline leg press 780lbs, I'm feelin it today. Today was shoulders without military press, don't like that one.
We just got some new guys in this past month and for being straight out of basic training, you would think they would be in shape but they barely past a PT test. I may start training some of them, 5am workouts with Randyg!

:thumbsup: :twisted:

I find the majority of "our youth" severely lacking in fitness. We keep trying to get younger people out and moving.. and they just aren't interested. I remember a couple of years ago we were doing night winter trail runs/ hikes. We had the top state Game Warden with us. He was saying that my wife [of 50 plus] was fitter than all his new "recruits." :o and she really isn't a runner.

I really miss my leg strength.. I used to work them a lot. I still do a little, but I really need to try and figure out what I can and can't do now. :thinking: :(
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:19 am

Me @ 30 years, I am considered the old guy at the shop, I'm older than all of the supervision. :lol:
Randy
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:52 pm

RandyG wrote:Me @ 30 years, I am considered the old guy at the shop, I'm older than all of the supervision. :lol:

you old fart you... :R :NC

I will be 58 this year… and I am very gray for my age. It's part of my disguise. :twisted: A couple of years ago, the first time riding with a guy [who is a friend now] Later commented.. when seeing my wife at the start of the ride. "Oh what a cute older couple, I wonder if they will be able to keep up" We were the fastest two there.. and to make matters worse [for him] we were on our Fat bikes not our regular mountain bikes. :D

At work.. my boss is just a little older [although he is seldom in our store now] Otherwise I am the oldest… although the next youngest is only about 6 months [and he is a bit faster on a bike than me] :o and another is hmm I forget.. 5-8 years younger.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Today was a planned day off.. and it so happens We have cold sleet, snow and rain… We did do a fairly decent weight workout. :)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 pm

We got another bike ride in. It was quite windy again. I didn't feel very energetic again. :thinking: :( We took it fairly easy most of the ride. I thought I would try and semi crank a couple of hills.. and it really wasn't there.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 pm

A 2 hour relatively easy ride today.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 pm

After work yesterday I only had time for an 11 mile ride. We got in 30 tonight. I can't say I felt super strong.. but better than I did last week. :worship:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:49 pm

26 miles yesterday, 30 today, 30 windy, hilly miles. It "hurt" but I at least felt like I had something. We then did a quick upper body weight workout.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Sunday we took it easy doing trail work, Last night a 21 mile ride, with the "good" bikes. I was initially going to ride further but I wanted to compare our good bikes, vs our older sloppy weather bikes.. and decided to do it on the loop we had been riding. Tonight we have a fairly fast group ride. :) :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic