Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Exercise Anyone?????????????

Postby RandyG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:26 pm

I final rode to work! It's a 12 mile ride there and then the ride home. Too bad my bike shifting cables broke last night so I was stuck in high gear. Plus did some leg workouts yesterday, I feel the burn. I can barely walk up the stairs at home right now and tomorrow, I know will be even worse.
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
Build thread - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54126
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 pm

RandyG wrote:I final rode to work! It's a 12 mile ride there and then the ride home. Too bad my bike shifting cables broke last night so I was stuck in high gear. Plus did some leg workouts yesterday, I feel the burn. I can barely walk up the stairs at home right now and tomorrow, I know will be even worse.

:D :twisted:

stuck in high gear is not all that fun… :o
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:40 am

Tuesday we had a fun group ride. Wednesday I took the fat bike out and road along on the group hike Laurie led. Friday we got out for a nice Fartlek ride.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:30 pm

We took Saturday off… sort of, it was cemetery clean up day, so we did do a bit of work there. We were hoping for a ride today, but the weather was a little less than favorable.. temps in the low 40's and at times heavy rain. I will often ride regardless of the weather, but we weren't really feeling it today.

We did a nice outdoor workout. Tire flipping, sledge hammers and step ups. We continuously rotate through the exercises, so it is quite aerobic also. After that we came inside for a reduced weight workout, 3 sets vs 6 or 7.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am

This morning chest and tri day wasn't that great, I had to slow down cause my wrist was giving out again. Plan to ride tomorrow if this rain lets up.
Randy
Aircraft fabricator, novice carpenter, electrical apprentice, audio engineer dropout.
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:50 am

Both my elbows are bothering me a bit, the left one worst.
We had an easier 21 mile road ride Monday. Last night was our group road ride and I had a blast. We had 12 people [we should get more once it warms up], 4 slower, and 8 in the fast group. Not too far into the ride we were down to 3 of us. We got to play a bit, we would try to kill each other on some of the hills and then regroup.. when we dropped someone. I am generally pretty good at pushing myself when riding alone, but I have to say this spring, I have been pushing harder in these group rides. :D :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 03, 2014 5:56 am

Wednesday night a group mountain bike ride… Thursday off, and then a road ride last night. We had heavy showers passing through the area, one pretty heavy when we were going to get ready for our ride… which kind of made one wanting to bail, but.. screw it I wanted to ride. We put rain gear on, and dressed more warmly, and then didn't hit anything for rain. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Mon May 05, 2014 12:38 am

Took my 11 year old to the gym this morning for some leg exercises. Tried to teach him the dead lift, he didn't like it. But we were still able to do many squats and lunges. Put up 690 lbs on the leg press, a little improvement.
Randy
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed May 07, 2014 2:44 pm

I think we took Saturday off, from riding that is.. we were out doing trail work. Sunday we did a road ride, Monday a casual Mountain bike ride, Tuesday another hard group road ride… and we are heading for a mountain bike ride shortly. Actually we did a mountain bike ride Saturday also.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat May 10, 2014 4:30 pm

I felt better than I expected on Wednesday nights group mountain bike ride.. cranking fairly well. I took Thursday off and then went for an easy spin Friday after work… and we headed out semi early this morning to drive to a mountain bike race. I had raced this course before.. it is tight… twisty.. and fairly gnarly.. with lots of roots rocks and ledge. It is a tough course when dry.. and it was wet.. very wet.

This is a weird race as in there are NO age classes. They separated by gender [and there was only one woman] and they have an expert class, with 4 laps.. and then a class for less than expert… doing 2. Previously that they had had a three lap option also.

I entered the 4 lapper, but I was not expecting anything.. just counting my teammates that were there I would easily be out of the "prize money". Another weird thing this year.. you did not have to decide ahead of time what you were doing. :thinking: It did mean we were all starting at once. It was wet and slippery and I decided to go with a slow start.. which meant I got stuck in traffic… but I have not mountain biked much this year and am on a new bike that I am still getting used to.. so I wanted a nice "easy" start. I moved up in placings by others attrition.. others would crash or slide off the course… or not make a section. I think I only actively passed one person.

Part way through my second lap.. nasty conditions got worse.. I was really debating if I really wanted to do four laps. If I knew I was only doing 2 I might have cranked it up a bit, but I was sort of saving something for the full 4. It was not until I got near the start/ finish that I decided to stay with a 2 lap race. It was not until I had stopped for a bit that I learned the the 4 lap race had been reduced to 3 for everyone, because of the conditions. I was sort of disappointed in that. :x Although not really a big deal. :shrug:

Then when they were giving out the awards, I learned I got first place in the 2 lap race. :o :lol:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun May 18, 2014 4:42 pm

We had a nice fairly hard ride the Sunday after the race. 37 miles.. we then lead a mountain bike ride here on our network on Mondays and then had a hard road ride Tuesday. Wedesday we worked in the woods all day and got back just in time to get ready for a group mountain bike ride. I opted for the B group vs the A. :oops: We took thursday and friday off from riding, but worked in the woods all day Friday, Saturday we worked in the woods in the morning, and then did a mountain bike ride in the afternoon. today we have a fairly hard 47 mile ride, and followed that up with a core workout. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Monday was pretty wet out, so we canceled our Monday night group mountain bike ride. We opted for a gym workout. I started with Kettle bell swings. I would do swings for a minute, then rest for a min. On and off for a total of 10 minutes. We then did a semi easy upper body workout.

Tuesday night group road ride.. was wettish.. we did not hit any rain while riding but it was all around us.. and this cut down on our participants.. just a co-worker, my wife and I. It is rare that we get to ride with Paul.. and I had a pretty off night. :( I had nothing. I wasn't sure if if was Sundays ride, or the KB swings. I now suspect it was a combo, but the KB swings had more of an impact that I first thought.

We had another group mountain bike ride.. and seeing how bad I felt Tuesday, I sort of expected Wed. to be worst… This was a club ride, not one of our, lead rides. Well I ended up knowing the trail network we were on, better than anyone else.. so I ended up leading.. and cranking with fast guys. I actually did pretty good. :twisted: :shrug:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby RandyG » Fri May 30, 2014 11:26 pm

I've got a PT test coming a little more than a week, my first time testing in the 30 and over class. Should do fine with push ups and sit ups but I need to start running again, it's been a long time.
Randy
RandyG
500 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:52 pm

I have continued to bike a bit. We had a good 63 miler on Saturday. We took today off [from riding] My first day off the bike since Thursday. I have done a little core and upper body work. I generally don't do much this time of the year, but I should be doing a little more than I am. Although some days long work days and the bike ride, are really all I have time for.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby sakrebleu1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 am

I have to start exercising, I HAVE to stop being lazy. I just lack motivation and willpower. I really wish I could find it already...
sakrebleu1
Teardrop Builder

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic