Exercise Anyone?????????????

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Geron » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 am

Mary K wrote:
Geron wrote:Well, it rained and stormed me out today. Only got in 3 miles with the dogs.

Today's total: 5.627 miles. 2.627 walking up and down the stairs working on the upstairs trim + a trip to HD for crown molding.

WOW! Thats is Great Geron !! And I'm pooped after once around the block... and thats just a 1/4 mile. :oops:

2 blocks away is a park with a sidewalks around it. Twice around is a mile.... maybe by week after next I can make it to the park and around and back home again. :thumbsup:

I like this thread, it gives me some encouragement. :D

Mary,

I've tried walking through parks and subdivisions and have been totally unmotivated.

Since retirement and living with the Chattahooche National Forest as my backyard I have been far more motivated.

Why just last week, real early in the morning as we walked, my 35 lb Pit Bull/Jack Russell/Beagle/Whatever mix, Lucy, that never makes a sound in the woods was up on a ridge about 100 - 150 yards from me. Suddenly she let out a yelp then and awful squeal (I'm guessing the squeal was her). 'Bout that time the coyotes began their song and dance (I'm assuming they were dancing :roll: ). I thought for sure Lucy was a gonner. "Dreckly" (A good southern word), however, here she comes round the mountain just a pantin'. I shore wus glad to see my little Lucy OK.

That's what keeps me walkin' now. You just never know.

Since my insurance sent me the pedometer I've done an average of 6.4 miles per day.

g
If it's not broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Geron
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 pm

:sweaty: Ok it is only a mile around the mall. Did my two times again. :thinking:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Did my 3 mile walk with the dogs again today. I am really enjoying the sunshine, but wish it was a little warmer.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Did my hour and 15 minute walk as usual and Steve peddled along on his bike... Thinking that must be close to 4 miles if walking briskly....I like to think so anyway. 15 minute mile sound about right on the average?
Use to walk my dog and he walked until he just couldn't anymore. He lived for his walks as sure you with dogs know all to well.........He's the one that initially got me out there walking and just couldn't disappoint him.
Fun to read your check ins....Seems like once get in the routine of doing something each day you really miss it. Thanks for posting..... :)
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Steve E wrote:Did my hour and 15 minute walk as usual and Steve peddled along on his bike... Thinking that must be close to 4 miles if walking briskly....I like to think so anyway. 15 minute mile sound about right on the average?
Use to walk my dog and he walked until he just couldn't anymore. He lived for his walks as sure you with dogs know all to well.........He's the one that initially got me out there walking and just couldn't disappoint him.
Fun to read your check ins....Seems like once get in the routine of doing something each day you really miss it. Thanks for posting..... :)

15 minute mile sounds about right for a brisk walk. I average a 20 minute mile with my dogs, but that includes them stopping to smell everything, plus they are small and one of them only has one pace.......SLOW!
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 am

Alright! My bubble would have been burst if found out it was alot less. Has taken me a while to build up to what I am doing now...Now if I could just cool it on eating so much I'd have it made. Oh well, summer is coming! Hopefully can shed my winter coat! :lol:
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:22 am

yeah I wish it would warm up a little also.. :o :lol:

this photo was from a few years ago. We were biking on frozen snowmobile trails..

We still do it, I just don't have a recent photo..
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:30 am

well another 10 mile mountain bike ride.

None of my other snowshoe partners are available tonight. I suspect my wife and I will get out for something though.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Mary K » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 am

15 min walk with the pup yesterday. :oops: It was a brisk walk...does that count?? :lol:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 am

I have finished a brisk 30 minute walk with the dogs, and will be playing a tennis match later this afternoon for team tennis. That should do it for me today.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 pm

We woke up to snow coming down this morning in the foothills. Not something we see to often so was a treat to see those big snow flakes coming down. Steve was up and outside checking the tent type covers we have over our 2 trailers as they aren't made to take the weight of snow on them. He was able to get snow off of them and in time it stopped coming down. Tonight another front moving in and very cold here so may be in for some snow tonight as well. Was beautiful walk today with the remains of snow on ground and the water running in the ditches and creeks everywhere. Steve pedaled and I walked.
Snow mobileing and snow shoeing in Maine has to be absolutely gorgeous.
You guys looked in the pic like popsicles! We have done some of both in years past and it is so peaceful and beautiful. What is the temp on the average there now? We have a neighbor who is from Maine and have enjoyed his stories of his growing up years there. He's an outdoorsman much like you are.....Gods Country!
Been fun to hear what we all do. Thanks for posting!
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Much better weather today. I did get my walk in but it was more of a hike to the back of a strip pit I fish at. 8) :twisted: Then I climbed up a large hill to see where a path went.

In summer the ticks and chiggers will eat you alive so scouting is better done early in the year. :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:04 am

We have nice sun today.. and plan to get out for a snowshoe. It is too icy for cross country skiing.. and I I need to get my wifes "snowbike" ready.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 am

Steve E wrote:We woke up to snow coming down this morning in the foothills. Not something we see to often so was a treat to see those big snow flakes coming down. Steve was up and outside checking the tent type covers we have over our 2 trailers as they aren't made to take the weight of snow on them. He was able to get snow off of them and in time it stopped coming down. Tonight another front moving in and very cold here so may be in for some snow tonight as well. Was beautiful walk today with the remains of snow on ground and the water running in the ditches and creeks everywhere. Steve pedaled and I walked.
Snow mobileing and snow shoeing in Maine has to be absolutely gorgeous.
You guys looked in the pic like popsicles! We have done some of both in years past and it is so peaceful and beautiful. What is the temp on the average there now? We have a neighbor who is from Maine and have enjoyed his stories of his growing up years there. He's an outdoorsman much like you are.....Gods Country!
Been fun to hear what we all do. Thanks for posting!

In the photo it was 28 below zero.We had been out for more than 2 hours.. doing more than 20 miles in the snow.

I have not snowmobiled in years. I would still enjoy it, but I would rather spend my free time playing in ways that build fitness.

The temps right now are moderating. We will probably see temps in the teens today.

We just had a cold snap, with lots of below zero weather. We had a couple of 30 something below mornings. There was a place north of here that set an all time record low for the state. It was just officially recognized. It was 50 below zero... :o
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:12 pm

it is good to hear what others do also..
thanks for the thread..

I hope this is not all the exercisers from the whole forum.. 8)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic