Roller coaster week!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Roller coaster week!

Postby catrinka » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:05 pm

This has been one h*** of a week. Last week at this time I had an offer on place and was flying. I was moving north to be with my life partner. Monday I went into work and gave my 2 weeks notice. That night when I got home I had an email waiting telling me that he had met someone new, do not move up there. I haven't been able to get ahold of him all week so I went up yesterday. He didn't come home last night. I slept in the back seat of my car in his parking stall. By this morning I was really ticked. I managed to get into the storage yard where the trailer was stored and I brought it home with me. Assuming he doesn't charge me with theft, I'm going to finish it for myself. There is no way that he is going to share MY trailer plan with another woman! So....guys....be prepared for a pile of beginner questions. I was the planner on this project, he was supposed to be the electrician and carpenter. Hopefully with the help of my son, we can do this. I will be calling Minden tomorrow to cancel our reservation. But, Dean, God willing, I will be in California next year!

Thanks for letting me vent here and I will thank you in advance for the tons of help that I know that I am going to need from this forum.

PS Construction begins after I find a new place and move in before the 24th. I'll also have to figure out how to change the trailer registration from Bob's name to mine, but that's down the road.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:54 pm

Cathy,
You have all the help you need right here on this forum!
I hope you are able to keep the job , but it sounds like you already sold your house...
That really stinks and I'd be ticked too... at least you found out before moving up there.
You hang in there and get things in order as best as can be and when you are ready to get back to the trailer, don't hesitate to ask questions...
You've got a bunch of friends right here.

Postby Chris C » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:38 pm

Cathy, I can't even imagine how you must feel. That's terrible. Don't worry, I'm sure every person on this site will be more than willing to share any info you need. Keep your spirits up. A new door has opened in your life...........embrace it for what it can bring.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby catrinka » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks guys for the support! I really do appreciate it.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:43 pm

That's what friends are for! :) :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby Norm » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:47 pm

Cathy, chin up and press on regardless!
We'll be here for you.

Norm
Norm
Teardrop Master

Postby catrinka » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:47 pm

I know from hooking up the trailer today that the first thing I have to do is add a wheel to the front jack. I notice that the base of the jack has a pin in it so that it can be removed. I'm assuming that I can get a wheel to fit in there. Are these a standard size or do I have to measure it somehow?

Just the first of many questions to come.....
catrinka
500 Club

Postby ScottH61 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:13 pm

catrinka wrote:I know from hooking up the trailer today that the first thing I have to do is add a wheel to the front jack. I notice that the base of the jack has a pin in it so that it can be removed. I'm assuming that I can get a wheel to fit in there. Are these a standard size or do I have to measure it somehow?

Just the first of many questions to come.....

Cat, Those wheels for the tongue jacks should be a standard size, but if you want to make sure, just measure the diameter of the post (one side, across the center to the other side)... should be somewhere around 2" if I remember correctly.

Sorry to hear of your troubles... I've been there and done that... not much fun, but you do get over it, and actually, I found that I was MUCH better off in the long run! :-) I do wish you luck!!
~ Scott
ScottH61
Teardrop Builder

Postby catrinka » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:56 am

Thanks for the help. Next problem....Bob still has the keys for the trailer. Am I right in thinking that all I need is the number off the Masterlock to get a key and if so, would any locksmith have one?
catrinka
500 Club

Postby DestinDave » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:23 am

Locksmiths will have "master" keys to all. You are planning to replace the lock, correct? With recent events I certainly wouldn't trust him to not "repossess" the trailer. Maybe even rent a storage building to park it in.
Cathy... Having been in a similar situation before I can understand the range of emotions you're going through. Lean on friends and family when you need to. It's okay. Talk to your employers, maybe you can get your job back. There's always another place to live. Look at the big picture and then isolate smaller details and focus on one at a time. Before you know it, problems are being solved, a new path is being defined, new goals being set. You will find out, as I did, you have much more resilience and strength, and character than you realized. Without promoting any religion or spiritual beliefs, if you acknowledge a Higher Power, call on that faith often and heavily. Believe that everything happens for a reason and that the reason will be rewarding.
And LAUGH! Find the wry, sick, twisted humor in everything, and LAUGH!
:lol:
Reality? What a concept!
Building "The Salty Tear" - a photo log of the project.
http://www.bluezenphoto.com/p979644357
DestinDave
500 Club

Postby catrinka » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:06 am

Actually I have been working on the other things. My son and I went and looked at an apartment the other night. Today I will go over and sign a 1 year lease on it. And my boss did put my notice on hold until after this weekend. Ironically, I had another phone call this week about a position at a competitor. If they had called a few days earlier I would have told them NO, but I told them possibly and I'm going to check them out today or tomorrow.

As far as the trailer, I'm not sure how he is going to react to my taking it. At this point, I have more time invested in this project than he does. He has more money invested but if need be, I could buy him out. At the moment, I have he tow vehicle. His car wouldn't be able to pull the trailer.

Right now, I'm using the trailer and the trip to the redwoods to keep me moin forward.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:02 am

Cathy, you'll get your feet back under you soon. Sounds as if you already have a good plan. Just keep that trailer out in front of you like the old junk man did the carrot with his horse. A goal is good right now. You'll get that trailer finished. :thumbsup:

Here's a link for the wheels you mentioned: http://www.etrailerpart.com/mywebs/mywe ... oducts.htm

Chris C

Postby Bill_Storey » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:20 am

Cat,

I went through something like this about 9 years ago, but developed a sick twisted sense of humor that let me survive it.

Everyone must find their own way through a situation like this, but once you get moved, get settled back at work, and get to working on each detail of your trailer (very first thing before you do anything else, either get the title changed into your name, or get a new frame to put the cabin on) you will find yourself returning to center. It'll all work out ;) .

BTW, first thing is to treat yourself. A dinner at a favorite restaraunt, a walk at sunset, a weekend trip to a favored resort,,,,whatever!!!!! You're worth it!! :thumbsup:

Bill
Bill_Storey
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Chip » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:23 am

Cat,, sounds to me like you need a lot of theropy, course this is taken with moderate quantities of your favorite beverage and help from friends,,, and the finishing of the teardrop is the best theropy there is, get lost in all the details of it and before ya know it you will have ya life back on track and a finished trailer,, Hang in there girl,, tha calvery is over the hill,, this board will walk ya thru the trailer construction,,, relationship problems, well lets say I cant help ya thar,, my resume dont look that good :lol:

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Off Topic