Bargain thrift Store, yard sale & dumpster diving treasu

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby bobhenry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:52 am

CAJUN LADY wrote:And not ONE picture of anything??? :(

Becca there are the pics.

Anticipation is sometimes more exciting than the event ! :?
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

SPENT MY LUNCH MONEY AT GOODWILL

Postby bobhenry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Yep trolled thru Goodwill at lunch and scored again :wine party:

Brand spankin' new 2" ball mount 3' drop / rise with 1 7/8 ball and the pin and clip $9.99

Unopended still in the box Texsport shower tent with the hang up shower bag $ 5.99

I LOVE Goodwill !

" My name is Bob and I am a Goodwillaholic"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30" x 30" x 72" High
Heavy-duty rip-stop waterproof polyethylene walls
Fiberglass pole frame system
Durable web straps with quick-release buckle secures frame and shower for hanging
Large 4.5 gallon shower with flexible hose and on/off shower head
Black polyethylene shower bag attracts warmth from the sun for heating water

Box was sealed and I didn't open it but I am almost sure she wasn't in the box ! :(
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Senior Ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 pm

While not exactly a camper, a widow who lived in the neighboring condo had three young boys complained about the noise of her VW van. I had previously owned two of these wonderful vehicles and had the solution for her. I told her to wait until the stores were closed and we would fix the problem. Later we drove her van to the back of a carpet store. As luck would have it, we found discarded blue carpet that went well with her blue van. Ofter there are large areas of the carpet that were in a corner or under a bed that are just fine. I pulled the rubber mats out of the van and carefully cut around them to make perfect matches to cover the mats. The best noise reduction is to cover the "Hump" in the back that covers the engine with as much carpet as you can find. It does though, all add up. Need carpet? Wait until closing time and go shopping. Have also "carpeted" the trunk of my car using a remnant that my friend had left over after we had carpeted a pullout we installed under his fifth wheel.
Steve
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:41 am

The habitat restores seem to always have nice carpet remnants also. So if you are looking for a inexpensive floor covering for your build it is a great source.

P.S. a good plush carpet adds about 2 points to the floors R value.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Old Virginia Joe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:46 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:That's pretty cool! I once picked up an old Royal Typewriter at a Goodwill for $10, and sold it on eBay for $80. I thought that was pretty good!

CAUTION: Little IRS pitchers have big ears . . . . . . especially these days.
Support the Constitution!
Old Virginia Joe
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm

:lol: I've got you all beat. I found this thing that the wife (not mine) wanted $3000 for. So I dealt with the husband and got him down to $0. Yes , for free. The thing I had going was they were moving to Nevada the next weekend and had no way to take it.

Image :rofl:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby hotrod » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Gage wrote::lol: I've got you all beat. I found this thing that the wife (not mine) wanted $3000 for. So I dealt with the husband and got him down to $0. Yes , for free. The thing I had going was they were moving to Nevada the next weekend and had no way to take it.

I would love to have a classic standie fall into my hands.. nice catch Gage! :applause:
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby steve smoot » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 am

gage, you must be kin to my neighbor, Joe.

I went with Joe to look at an old VW beetle a while back. the kid was moving out of state and had to unload the car. It was not running, but it was all original and had the canvas sun roof. He was asking $500. Joe says no I can't afford that, so the kid says okay it's yours just have out of the yard before dark tonight. FREE.

I told Joe the other day that I would like to have the VW. Joe says well the best he could do was $6000. What an ass. I helped him push it on the trailer and all he has in it is 4 spark plugs.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby StPatron » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 am

Found this at the thrift store,,,, a whoppin $2.99 complete with storage bag. Looks like it was never used. It will be tough retiring my old green Thermarest, but this one is much lighter. Best backpacking camping pad on the market, IMO.

StPatron
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Today was a banner day for Thrift shopping!

First, this nice 17", Made In USA, Griddle. It was marked $10, but when I went to pay, it was only $5. 50% off day! :thumbsup:

Next, basketball, inflated, $1.99. I gave it to the kid next door.

I lost my personal sized thermos in Seligman. Left it sitting on the table at the ice cream store. Replacement, $2.99

And finally, a Coleman 425E, looks to have only been fired a couple of times, dated 9 73, that I picked up for $19.99. I am one happy shopper today!

God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby jan4peace » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Gage wrote::lol: I've got you all beat. I found this thing that the wife (not mine) wanted $3000 for. So I dealt with the husband and got him down to $0. Yes , for free. The thing I had going was they were moving to Nevada the next weekend and had no way to take it.

It's already cute and will be beautiful when you fix it up. You cannot beat the price either :thumbsup:
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby jan4peace » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:Today was a banner day for Thrift shopping!

First, this nice 17", Made In USA, Griddle. It was marked $10, but when I went to pay, it was only $5. 50% off day! :thumbsup:

Next, basketball, inflated, $1.99. I gave it to the kid next door.

I lost my personal sized thermos in Seligman. Left it sitting on the table at the ice cream store. Replacement, $2.99

And finally, a Coleman 425E, looks to have only been fired a couple of times, dated 9 73, that I picked up for $19.99. I am one happy shopper today!

That was a banner day....you racked up. :applause:
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:40 am

A few weeks ago I found a great litle 3ft square card table in the dumpster. It only had a small rip in the vinyl top...got a table cloth to cover that problem....looks NEW !

And no food or grease to clean off it... Woo Hoo !!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Senior Ninja » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:29 pm

GORILLA TAPE!
Building the TD was the best thing I ever made.
Senior Ninja
Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Sounds like MY kinda tape !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic