Bargain thrift Store, yard sale & dumpster diving treasu

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Today was a red letter day for Goodwill shopping! I went to three Goodwill stores and a Value Village. I almost passed the Value Village by because of heavy road construction, but look what I found for $9.99!

I’ve been looking for a meat grinder for quite a while! It says DB in it. I also picked up this roasting trivet for $2.49

And this nice cornbread pan for $3.99 Image

It’s real, not Chinese!

At the last Goodwill, I found this light set

Psalm 25:4 reads: Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.

But the best thing I found, for only $17.99 was this!

I’m a happy scrapper!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Sumbody call the COPS !! Cliff has done STOLE sum more stuff !!!

YOU are the KING of thrift my friend ! ( Bowing down in reverencial repsect)

"I" jus might have found the Dish TV to make my DO stand with.For FREE..One of my clients has it next to the trash cans so I inquired about it ans she is gonna git back to me after she checks with her hubby...I got the walker fer 50 cents...Still lookin fer a DO..
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tearhead » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm

What a haul! Way to go! :thumbsup:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jan4peace » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 pm

You inspire me to do some thrift shopping myself. You have found some treasures there and what great prices :thumbsup:
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby mandy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Nice Find Cliff. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby Prem » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 am

:shock: What a bunch of high-quality scroungers!

:thumbsup: :roll: 8)
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 am

Found the stickers at a flea market for $2 and the Suitcase I trash picked.

ImageImage

BTW...The Suitcase matches My Scotty.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 am

len19070 wrote:Found the stickers at a flea market for $2 and the Suitcase I trash picked.

ImageImage

BTW...The Suitcase matches My Scotty.

Happy Trails Len

Very nice, Len!

I have 3 of the Samsonite cases that cost me $10, $5, and free from the trash. I need some stickers for them!

God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am

canned o minimum wrote:YOU are the KING of thrift my friend ! ( Bowing down in reverencial repsect)

Nah, he has a few things to learn before he catches up with me. I've tried (multiple times) to enlighten him as to where the real bargains are to be had (garage saleing) but he, to date, has resisted my best efforts to enlighten him get him into real "treasure hunting". I have offered to share, in detail, my "tricks of the trade" that allow me to hit as many as 50 sales before noon, rarely making a wrong turn on a GPS guided route, and make incredible "scores". At thrift shops they have an inkling of what stuff is worth and are out to "make a buck". At garage sales (at least those conducted by people with the "proper attitude") the goal is to get rid of stuff and if you make some money, all the better. In addtion, I don't believe it is my "responsibility" to tell folks what their stuff is worth (at least to me) and bargaining for "steals" is "great sport"!

To his credit though, he has agreed to pick up a Norcold Cooler (identical to an Engle) I am purchasing off of Craigslist from a fellow in Phoenix and store it for me till we can arrange a meet or have Big Guy pick it up and deliver it to the coast when he heads back out this way!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 am

eamarquardt wrote:
canned o minimum wrote:YOU are the KING of thrift my friend ! ( Bowing down in reverencial repsect)

Nah, he has a few things to learn before he catches up with me. I've tried (multiple times) to enlighten him as to where the real bargains are to be had (garage saleing) but he, to date, has resisted my best efforts to enlighten him get him into real "treasure hunting".
Gus

And I have told Gus, on more than one occasion, that because of my screwed up work schedule, my Saturday mornings are pretty well dedicated to my beloved. :thumbsup:

Still, Gus has brought home treasures that put mine to shame. :D
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:08 am

Cliff, you found my suitcases. Mom and dad had ones just like those, and I never knew where they went...lol
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:28 am

"I" have a 5 piece set( jus missin the "train case"). 3 suit cases and an atache' case...ooops! Also missin the hat box...

And "I" actually USE mine !!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby eamarquardt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:44 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:
eamarquardt wrote:

Nah, he has a few things to learn before he catches up with me. I've tried (multiple times) to enlighten him as to where the real bargains are to be had (garage saleing) but he, to date, has resisted my best efforts to enlighten him get him into real "treasure hunting".
Gus

And I have told Gus, on more than one occasion, that because of my screwed up work schedule, my Saturday mornings are pretty well dedicated to my beloved. :thumbsup:

Still, Gus has brought home treasures that put mine to shame. :D

I appreciate your devotion to your wife (as only one who has been continously married to the same adorable PITA for 37 years can) but I assure you, she'll get over your absence and perhaps even like it (if only just a little bit) once you start bringing home the treasures and demonstrating you are spending her money wisely. The bargains await!

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 pm

This morning, the community just North of us had an HOA sanctioned Community Yard Sale. I popped over about 8:30 to see what was left over. At the 3rd yard sale, I found a Coleman 413G for $5.

Can't find a date on it.

4 or 5 stops later, a Coleman 425 for $5. November 1998 on this one.

I had given up, when I saw a sign pointing down a street that went about 4 blocks and stopped. One way in, one way out. At the end of the street I spotted something red on a cart. A welder? I hopped out, and there it was. a never used Lincoln MIG Pak 15. The only attendant was a little girl about 10 or so years old.

"Are you in charge?" I asked.
"No, my dad is. He's in the back yard. But I know about half the prices."
"Do you know how much the welder is?"
"Yes! It's $100."

Guess what I brought home? :D

I did close the deal with the dad, so no one was taken advantage of. ;)
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Cliff, I see a roll of oxy/acetylene hose under the welder. Did you score the gauges too?
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic