Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:44 am

Nice finds Cliff! :thumbsup:

Yep, she's gone. :(
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby BillandMarijo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:59 pm

We found a 10x20' EZ Up $70 while we were at a Buckeye Teardrop Gathering when we decided to check out yard sales in the nearby town.
Found a 12 volt/Ele Cooler for $20. Vinttage red Coleman cooler for $8 @ our town Flea market. A box of graniteware pots and pans @ our town Flea Market $5. Insulated coffeemaker $3. Way too many bargains to add. We love flea markets and yard sales. Can save tons of money shopping @ them. :lol:
Happy hunting,
Marijo and Bill
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:16 am

Well time to check in......

Took my mother junk shopping during our visit to see her this weekend.
Walked into one little junk shop and what would greet me but a 6 x 14 foot table stacked 3 deep with cast iron. A 8 foot shelf behind it was also filled with cast iron. Looked like 2 prices on the skillets, $8.00 for the smalls to about 10" and the larges were $20.00. Boat load of small Lodges a couple griswolds a bunch of wagners and of course dozens and dozens of "made in taiwan"

I just gotta brag I purchased a 12" lodge in new condition $20.00

I also acguired a very old sand casted "#7" skillet which measures 9 1/2 inches for $8.00. The #7 raises a question.

The raised ring on the bottom is 6 1/2" in diameter and there is about 3/4" of flat bottom on either side. so bottom measures 8" and flares out to 9 1/2" at the top.

My theory is the # "7" on the handle may have let the house wife now it would fit in the 7" hole on a wood burning stove. Am I on to something or am I all wet!

I really like these old one off skillets. The bottom would make a good wood rasp it is so rough and then you come to the afore mentioned ring and it is crisp and finely detailed. The pour gate was left in the center . It is about 5" long and a tapering 3/4 to 7/8 inch wide in the center. The business side is smooth as glass but has small imperfections. It's lineage has to be 100 years plus. God I wish they could talk.

When we arrived back at mom's after shopping she began digging under cabinets and pulled out a small cast iron 8x16 cast iron ???? It appears to be an oval about 8" by 16" with small curved finger lift handles. These handles droop and will curl 1/4 way around your index fingers. There is a 1" lip on the edge. Can I call it a griddle or maybe a drip pan for roasting. It was my step dads great grand mothers. Truman would be 87 if he were still with us and allowing 20 years per generation should make it 125 to 140 years old and it looks it. The skillet above and the little griddle show several similarities in the cooking surface and there are unground mold marks on the back side.

I had passed on a nickle plated Griswold 12 or 14 inch also $20.00. The logo on the bottom was hugh. The letters were an inch plus tall and that little cross ran right to left and top to bottom to the edge of the pan. I had time to think and went back to get it as we passed thru Cave City KY on Sunday and they weren't open Did I screw up ????

All in all it was a great weekend visiting with mom and gathering goodies.

For anyone traveling I 65 near Bowling green Ky the shop is located in Cave City at 599 South Dixie. The Elvis flea market and mall is a little red shack of a building with no name that I saw. Have an e-mail address and phone # as well but don't want to sound like a commercial so if you need more info P.M.

2 weeks ago netted a 4x4 first up for $15 ( These things are as much as the 10 x 10's) and a Dodge original equipment class 3 hitch that will fit my new Dodge. for $25.00

I will be heading over to Goodwill on Wednesday to pick up a walker,
( for the legs on my low budget Dutch oven table ) for 4.19 with my old fart discount. Hope it is still there :worship: .

P.S. " Hi I'm Bob and I am a Goodwillaholic "

Goodwill finds last week a $2.09 all aluminum heavy heavy heavy wall turkey roaster

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 am

And not ONE picture of anything??? :(
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 am

Bridezilla has the camera loaned out to the kids. I stepped thru the door from our trip and asked to use it to get the pics and low and behold "the children needed it " :x
Last edited by bobhenry on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:50 am

bobhenry wrote:Bridzilla has the camera loaned out to the kids. I stepped thru the door from our trip and asked to use it to get the pics and low and behold "the children needed it " :x

Does "Bridezilla" read these post??? If so, you might be getting one of these soon.... :BE :O

Oh, and you might want to put a "spare camera" on your bargain hunting list.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:21 pm

The wife just bought this round table with pedestal and extension leaf from Habitat Restore for $20. It's solid pine.

She plans to refinish it and use it in her new house.
I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing...
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 am

" HER new house "

Something your not telling us Stevo ?
:roll:
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby steve smoot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:18 am

bobhenry wrote:" HER new house "

The wife and I are legally separated. We filed paperwork a couple weeks ago. :(
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 am

:( I'm sorry buddy.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 am

I am sorry also.

There has been tension at our homestead as well. This economy has everyone pinned to the wall financially.

I have 5 close friends and 4 are having issues at home (the smart one is single living alone)

Well I have often in the past introduced the current wife as" my 4th ex wife" as a joke. It might now be in the cards for me as well.

:( Sorry Dude ! Bob
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby steve smoot » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks guys,

We were married 30 years this past April. She told me two years ago, that she wanted to separate, but we did marriage counseling to see if it would help. Sorry to say, but I should have taken her up on it and saved all the stress and heartache. I never learn anything the easy way.
:oops:
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby mandy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:12 pm

steve smoot wrote:
bobhenry wrote:" HER new house "

The wife and I are legally separated. We filed paperwork a couple weeks ago. :(

Sorry Steve. :(
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby steve smoot » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks Mandy. It will work out for the best.
steve smoot
Lifetime member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 am

bobhenry wrote:Well time to check in......

Took my mother junk shopping during our visit to see her this weekend.
Walked into one little junk shop and what would greet me but a 6 x 14 foot table stacked 3 deep with cast iron. A 8 foot shelf behind it was also filled with cast iron. Looked like 2 prices on the skillets, $8.00 for the smalls to about 10" and the larges were $20.00. Boat load of small Lodges a couple griswolds a bunch of wagners and of course dozens and dozens of "made in taiwan"

I just gotta brag I purchased a 12" lodge in new condition $20.00

I also acguired a very old sand casted "#7" skillet which measures 9 1/2 inches for $8.00. The #7 raises a question.

The raised ring on the bottom is 6 1/2" in diameter and there is about 3/4" of flat bottom on either side. so bottom measures 8" and flares out to 9 1/2" at the top.

My theory is the # "7" on the handle may have let the house wife now it would fit in the 7" hole on a wood burning stove. Am I on to something or am I all wet!

I really like these old one off skillets. The bottom would make a good wood rasp it is so rough and then you come to the afore mentioned ring and it is crisp and finely detailed. The pour gate was left in the center . It is about 5" long and a tapering 3/4 to 7/8 inch wide in the center. The business side is smooth as glass but has small imperfections. It's lineage has to be 100 years plus. God I wish they could talk.

When we arrived back at mom's after shopping she began digging under cabinets and pulled out a small cast iron 8x16 cast iron ???? It appears to be an oval about 8" by 16" with small curved finger lift handles. These handles droop and will curl 1/4 way around your index fingers. There is a 1" lip on the edge. Can I call it a griddle or maybe a drip pan for roasting. It was my step dads great grand mothers. Truman would be 87 if he were still with us and allowing 20 years per generation should make it 125 to 140 years old and it looks it. The skillet above and the little griddle show several similarities in the cooking surface and there are unground mold marks on the back side.

I had passed on a nickle plated Griswold 12 or 14 inch also $20.00. The logo on the bottom was hugh. The letters were an inch plus tall and that little cross ran right to left and top to bottom to the edge of the pan. I had time to think and went back to get it as we passed thru Cave City KY on Sunday and they weren't open Did I screw up ????

All in all it was a great weekend visiting with mom and gathering goodies.

For anyone traveling I 65 near Bowling green Ky the shop is located in Cave City at 599 South Dixie. The Elvis flea market and mall is a little red shack of a building with no name that I saw. Have an e-mail address and phone # as well but don't want to sound like a commercial so if you need more info P.M.

2 weeks ago netted a 4x4 first up for $15 ( These things are as much as the 10 x 10's) and a Dodge original equipment class 3 hitch that will fit my new Dodge. for $25.00

I will be heading over to Goodwill on Wednesday to pick up a walker,
( for the legs on my low budget Dutch oven table ) for 4.19 with my old fart discount. Hope it is still there :worship: .

P.S. " Hi I'm Bob and I am a Goodwillaholic "

Goodwill finds last week a $2.09 all aluminum heavy heavy heavy wall turkey roaster

UPDATE :

Here are a few of the pics of the old pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the little 8 x 16 ??? anyone know what to really call it.

Image mold seam

Image the little lift ear
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic