Teardrop Fiction

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby sagebrush » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 pm

:thumbsup: :D Great Stories!!!!!! :applause: MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you in the T&TTT family! :) Annie, Freida, Lovely Assistant and Will
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:28 pm

:lol: :lol: Cliff, I can see that happening!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Holiday Wish

Postby queeniejeanne » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 am

Holiday Wish

As you all remember, my family it seems was poor, I knew that because I had rich cousins. You know things like that when there are other, older kids to tell you so. Poor, to me, meant you had to go to a bathroom, called an outhouse, over the hill, or back into the woods. Poor meant you ate your animals from the barnyard, killing them, cleaning them and putting them into the freezer. Hunting for game, even if it was just squirrels. Canning or freezing all foods from your own fields, truck patches, not just little gardens. Hard work for food meant to keep you and your family alive all during the winter months. Poor meant one pair of shoes in the fall and one pair of shoes in the spring. Those spring shoes were only to be worn on dress up days, like Sunday School or going to town. Otherwise in the summer you ran barefoot, no matter what the weather.

We were poor, but my Father never hit I or my brothers without just cause. Not that he didn’t threaten at times….God only knows how much we got away with, deserving the rath of the belt; escaping unknown detection. He was of course the “fastest belt in the westâ€
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Ratkity » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:56 pm

:applause: :applause:

Wonderful wishes for all and I second the motion!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Poor ?? Everything YOU presented as poor.."I" WAS ! The out house, thr canning and hunting food, etc... But "I" was NEVER poor !!

The house was wrapped in tar paper and the stove was heated with wood. The sink was filled with the hand pump that was beside it.

The hog was butchered fer ham, baccon, etc. the chickens gave us eggs and meat.

We got our beatings alright...but NEVER made the SAME mistake twice ! Dad loved us all and had expectations and chores fer each of us.

Mom cooked the MOST delicious meals in that wood burnin oven and our clothes were LINE dried after bein washed in the "wringer" washer.

Not one of us has ever molested a child or robbed a bank, but wear the scars of discipline with pride !

Poor ? We never went without food or clothes...shoes were fer winter.

The livin room had a HUGE pot bellied stove that heated the whole house. Wood was had jus out back when we felled a tree or one died in the woods.

There was NO sittin round back then. Chores were done and then we played out in the pasture or the woods...away from the house and chores!

Yes, it WAS a simpler time...a BETTER time...FAMILY TIME !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby queeniejeanne » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:08 am

What a change a few years does make. Great insight into your childhood. Thank you so much for sharing. I have now some other reminders, things I had forgotten. Again, thanks.
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 am

That was only in the early 60s..and sorry fer the REALITY check..this ain't fiction...

There are NINE of us kids..tho none of us resemble a child any more..

God was ever present and talked about all the time..OPENLY...and Christmas was about CHRIST back then.

Everybody had a gun and knew how to use it...

Them was the DAYS, fo sho !!
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jan4peace » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Hello. I just read all of the Christmas stories from pages 23 and 24. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you all, because these are great!!!! :applause:
Last edited by jan4peace on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby canned o minimum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:26 pm

( fiction) there were SO many of us kids that on Christmas mornin we would exchange............glances !

We was DIRT poor...If we wanted to play in the dirt...we had ta bust BIG rocks into little rocks, and then bust them little rocks into dirt... :oops:
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jan4peace » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

canned o minimum wrote:( fiction) there were SO many of us kids that on Christmas mornin we would exchange............glances !

We was DIRT poor...If we wanted to play in the dirt...we had ta bust BIG rocks into little rocks, and then bust them little rocks into dirt... :oops:

LOL :lol:
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Ratkity » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:33 pm

BOSS' BLOG - CATMAS AT THE LUCKY D CAMPGROUND

After the big feast day, all these cool decorations went up around the campground. Everyone seemed to be in a festive spirit. It was fun seeing all the new things that people would decorate their campers with - the shiny ribbons are my favorite! The owner lady put up five stockings on the apartment wall and the Texan brought in a real tree inside. A real one! It smelled really nice and I soooo wanted to climb it, but was banned from doing that. Carmen and the Texan and Renee decorated the tree with lots of colorful shiny things while Dog and I watched. After the decorating, Miss Carmen and I went to decorate her trailer and wrap presents. I kept getting distracted by the pretty ribbons.

Dog was told that under no circumstance was this a tree to pee on. I was banned from knocking the balls off the tree, but if I was lucky, I could nonchalantly flick my tail and knock the lower ones off the branches. After a few days of doing that, the lower tree branches were devoid of ornaments. For the most part, Dog and I left the tree alone. We were trying to be good so we got presents from Santa!

The owner lady had smelly candles lit all the time and even decorated the office with greenery and ribbons. The office and apartment smelled like pine, apples and cinnamon all the time. The day before Catmas, all the campers came to the office and had hot apple cider that was on tap in a huge 40-cup coffee maker. There were piles and piles of homemade cookies as well as cheese and meat plate. The cat-hater husband came to visit with his wife and snuck me pieces of cheese when the ladies weren't looking. I had a blast playing with the bows and ribbons from the presents that people brought. Some of the campers had gotten together and bought me a special gift. I got a nice leather collar with my own nametag on it along with the Lucky D's logo and phone number on the back of the tag. It was odd getting used to the collar, but I knew it was a big deal to have one. Dog told me so. Renee thought it was funny to put sticky bows on Dog's head. Dog is a good-natured chap and walked around with bows on his head and neck most of the day. I made fun of him a bit and chased the dangling ribbons from his neck a few times, calling him a big Catmas toy.

I stayed with Miss Carmen on Catmas Eve night. She said we were going to have another big feast on Catmas Day with the Texan, Renee and Dog. She and I wrapped a few last minute gifts for Dog and snuggled in for the night. Miss Carmen read me "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and we watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on her little flat screen TV.

I woke up early and tried to rouse Miss Carmen, but she told me it was too early to get up. I waited impatiently for her to wake up, make tea and have a leisurely breakfast. Didn't she know it was Catmas?? There were presents to be opened and ribbons to be attacked! After an eternity, we got everything together and headed towards the owner-lady Renee's apartment.

Festive music was playing and Dog and the Texan were already there at the apartment. The Texan and Renee had matching red and white reindeer sweaters on. Presents were all under the tree. Santa had visited!! All the stockings were full too. Dog and I tore around the room in excitement and then settled down to help open presents. The paper was just too much fun to pounce on. Dog had more bows stuck to his head and Miss Carmen took lots of pictures of everyone. One of Dog's presents was a sweater that matched Renee and the Texan's. I don't think I've seen anything funnier in my life. Being the good sport that Dog is, he just waited patiently while he was dressed in the sweater. One of my presents was a small catnip pillow and I was rolling over it delightfully when everyone got quiet. I didn't notice that someone had also produced a matching sweater for me! I was still a bit dizzy from the catnip and had an out-of-body experience while I was held and dressed in said sweater. Mortified at the turn of events, I played dead and promptly fell over. Instead of an outpouring of sympathy, this seemed to induce gales of laughter from the humans. I think Dog was laughing too. Miss Carmen sat me upright and I fell the other way, doing my best death pose with stiff legs. More laughter ensued as I was propped up beside Dog and had my picture taken again. It dawned on me that now there was photographic evidence of this horrible sweater on me. Disgusted, I backed out of the sweater and tried to bury it under the wrapping paper still on the floor.

Dog got a new bed, a couple of huge chew bones and a squeaky toy. I got a couple of catnip mousies, the catnip pillow and ribbons. I'm not sure what the humans got each other, but everyone seemed very happy. The cat sweater was put back on me and I ignored that it even existed while I attacked killer ribbons and catnip mice. After all the presents were open, the oven timer when off and the turkey was done. It was a feast of all feasts. I got the giblets with gravy on them and Dog got yummy turkey treats as well. All of us ate very well. Dog and I retired to his new bed with full tummies. All the humans cleaned the dishes and then the Texan fell asleep on the couch while watching football on TV. The ladies quietly talked while they finished putting away food.

Despite the matching sweater fiasco, it was one of the best Catmas' I've ever had. Merry Catmas everyone!
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby jan4peace » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Merry catmus, Ratkitty!!! :)
Jan

jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TheresaD » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Yay! I was hoping to hear how things went at the campground for Christmas! Thanks Ratkitty! Nice Job!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby jan4peace » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Jan

jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 am

Great story, Ratkity! Merry Catmas!

Merry Christmas to everybody else!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000