♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 am

happy_teardrops wrote:Ratkity is this you? :thinking:

http://comedy.video.yahoo.com/?v=6859557&l=3774740

Hehe.. nope, but that bear did get the trash! Brave kitteh there!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:And up early! :D

Another one burnin the candle at both ends. Heck, sleep is fer the DEAD and I'll git plenty when my time comes.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Catmus

Postby queeniejeanne » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 am

Ratkity, hope you have many more Catmuses like that....what a great, heartwarming story. Animals are special....but then you and Dog know that.
Queenie Jeanne
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:40 pm

SMOKE 'EM

As a child, along with being a faithful student of Roy Rogers and The Lone Ranger, I also watched too many John Wayne war movies. As a result, my imagination often placed me in very unique situations, like where the color-blind cowboy had to cut the red or green wire to save the rancher’s daughter from the approaching German or Japanese forces. I had the only cardboard-box Sherman tank in town with a trailer for a rodeo cow-pony.

One exceptionally hot July afternoon, the Allied forces were pinned down in an old feed barn behind enemy lines (in Granny Tex’s back yard). As the Axis foot soldiers (rusty tin cans set up in formation in the chicken yard) approached, the world renowned western sharpshooter, Tumbleweed Tex, was slowly reducing their numbers (with a steady barrage from a Daisy Red Ryder BB rifle). Return fire was heavy, so Tex frantically searched for better cover.

Hanging inconspicuously on a nail above his head was Grandpa Tex’s dark leather shop apron, untouched and strictly off-limits for the five plus years since he passed away in his sleep. Hmmm…a flak jacket…better than nothing, and no one would ever know.

With our hero now properly protected, the battle continued until the need for boob tube realism deemed it was time for a word from our sponsor. So, right on queue, a ceasefire was called, and the imaginary voice of the Duke himself came drifting down the line…â€
Tumbleweed_Tex
cowboy storyteller extraordinaire

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Great story, Tex! It kinda puts me in mind of my own almost true adventure with unfiltered Camels. :lol:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Ratkity » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:28 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Gotta love that little Tex and his antics.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby queeniejeanne » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause:
HEY a tiny trailer. Whatever it takes.
queeniejeanne
Lifetime member

Postby SmilinJack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Been there, turned green, and never smoked again. Thanks, Tex, for bringing back the memory...
Jack
SmilinJack
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jan4peace » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Don't know about y'all, but I miss all of your stories :( :)
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby TheresaD » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Jan I was just thinking the same thing. Haven't read a good story in a while. I hope everything is well with our authors. We miss you guys!
All The Best,

Theresa D.
Tearjerkers Great North Woods Chapter Director
68 Sprite 400
47 KIT Companion
TheresaD
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tumbleweed_Tex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:42 pm

The other night, sitting around the community campfire, a voice came out of the darkness..."Tell us one Tex". What's a poor cowboy to do?

Buzzard Bill’s Gold

When gold was discovered in California back in ‘49, the only real purchaser/end-user of that soft yellow treasure was one Mr. Uncle Sam Gov’mint hisself. The raw material for future, official Gov’mint issue coins was literally available by the ton out there, and the purchase price was excessively appealing, especially when you yourself are setting the price thereof.

But hey, with Uncle Sam involved, there has to be a catch…right? Moving that fortune back east presented a real problem, due almost entirely to the fact that the Rocky Mountains stood smack dab in the middle between points west of A and points east of B.

As a result, the only feasible solution (while waiting for the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad, and investing heavily within), was to load the hold of any available steamship, and wait patiently while the crew coaxed the turtle-paced vessel all the way around the tip of South America, and back up the east coast. Such a journey often spanned nine whole months.

Well now, we all know our Uncle Sam never was terribly smart. That having been said, it only took a steamer or two full of gold sailing into a hurricane and sinking to the bottom of the Caribbean before old Mr. Gov’mint decided to divert any inbound steamers into Galveston Bay during the summer months.

And so it was that one fine summer day in early June, the crew of the stern-wheeler Whispering Jan tied off to a well-used south Texas wharf, and slowly vented her steam. With all the traffic, no one was any the wiser to her cargo except one Big John Paisley, Colonel in the U. S. Army. Big John’s orders were clear, and the way he understood things, his very military career depended entirely upon his deft handling of the current situation.

The progress of the new railroad now depended entirely on Gov’mint funding, and the decision had been made to take a part of the Jan’s gold directly overland to the trailhead. Compared to the port of New York, a gold shipment from Galveston was closer, faster, and safer.

Now Big John was a meticulous officer. Carefully handpicking twenty of the best riders in the local cavalry, he ordered them to forsake their uniforms for civilian duds, and prepare for a two-month campaign. He then hurriedly purchased several hundred head of cattle, and made provisions to head north, in a make-believe “cattle driveâ€
Tumbleweed_Tex
cowboy storyteller extraordinaire

Postby SmilinJack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 pm

Another :thumbsup: , Tex! And many thanks...
Jack
SmilinJack
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Ratkity » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

:applause: :applause:

W00h00! Luv me another Tex story.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic