Forum questions...

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Forum questions...

Postby Arne » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:29 am

A couple of questions about this forum:

- when I go to the album section, it is sorted by start date. I always change it to "ID" so I can find people's album without eyeballing all the pages. Is there any way to make that change permanent.?

- After I post a response, I have to back out page by page (first I get my response, then back to the topic I replied to, then to the list of 'unread notes). Since I've already read my note, and those on the topic, is there a way to get get straight back to the topic list.?.... btw, when I come to the forum, I enter it by coming in the "notes since last visit" button.
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: Forum questions...

Postby mikeschn » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:09 am

arnereil wrote:A couple of questions about this forum:

- when I go to the album section, it is sorted by start date. I always change it to "ID" so I can find people's album without eyeballing all the pages. Is there any way to make that change permanent.?

No, sorry...

arnereil wrote:- After I post a response, I have to back out page by page (first I get my response, then back to the topic I replied to, then to the list of 'unread notes). Since I've already read my note, and those on the topic, is there a way to get get straight back to the topic list.?.... btw, when I come to the forum, I enter it by coming in the "notes since last visit" button.

I just hit "Forum Index" and then "view posts since last visit". It's only 2 clicks, and it goes pretty quick!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby WoodSmith » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:57 am

Using IE if you click on the little black down arrowit will allow you to go back several pages with one click. It shows the last 8-10 pages that you have been to and you just pick the one that you want.

At least it does on my machine, I don't think I had to set any options.

Is there a way once you have the user list sorted by name to go to a specific letter? Say I'm looking for the galery of this mikeschn guy, I know it's towards the middle but I gotta guess which page it is near. If I could click on the "M"s it would be quicker.
Glen Smith
Build Journal
WoodSmith
Donating Member

Postby Bobgorilla » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:37 pm

I just scroll to the bottom and click on go, then pick new topic or forum
if you're not bleeding you're not really working
Bobgorilla
Teardrop Dreamer

Return to Off Topic