I HATE Camping World!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 pm

S. Heisley wrote:I think some RV stores and service sites are afraid to deal with home-built or older camping trailers. They probably know that they don't have enough intelligence to do the job.

:thumbsup: True, true!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

len19070 wrote:I worked for Camping World for almost 20 years....And I QUIT! For all the reasons everyone else has mentioned.

They have some of the most pampas and ill informed staff on the planet.

My job there changed from RV Technician to Chief Screw-up fixer.

To get a Job there the only real requirement is that you say "YES"

Yes, Camping World Sucks!

Happy Trails

Len

Len, I knew you worked for CW and I was hoping I didn't offend you. But after reading what you posted that just seals it - they suck!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am

sagebrush wrote::thumbsup: What Sharon said!! One local dealer called me to bid on outside work for them. Wanted itemised list of materials, then took My list to MY supplier and had their employees do the work. Have'nt had the time to bid any other jobs for them since. ( 'magine that!)

Imagine that! They use you and turn around and use their own workers. Nothing they would do would surprise me anymore. :no:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am

Can't wait to print this thread and mail it to Camping World Corporate, the one in St Augustine sucks too. Arrogant and uninformed employees

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers Forum is 12,000 members strong. It is time to send them a message.
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Can't wait to print this thread and mail it to Camping World Corporate, the one in St Augustine sucks too. Arrogant and uninformed employees

Teardrops & Tiny Travel Trailers Forum is 12,000 members strong. It is time to send them a message.

You have my blessing!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 am

BTW Becca. If you didn't have the valve with you the first thing he should have asked you was " Is the valve you have Black or White"?

There is only one size black tank valve, 3" and only 2 styles, one is Black, and the other is white (Duh)

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-t ... /20097.htm

http://www.knology.net/~tcwilliams/DumpValve.htm

And if its a gray water valve its either 1 1/2" or 2".

Not to many choices there.

Happy Trails

Len
:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:
http://s26.photobucket.com/user/len1907 ... 20trailers

"If you do good things, good things will happen to you"..... Earl Hickey
len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby stumphugger » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 am

I bought my Little Guy at the Portland Camping World. They were nice and rushed my pickup in to do a hitch and wiring installation. They invited my dog into the store, but he doesn't walk on shiny floors so that was out. They have nice restrooms.

The only bad part was when the salesman, said sarcastically, "Come back some day and we'll sell you a REAL RV."

I haven't been back. They are a two hour drive from here. We have a local RV guy who is said to be quite good.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:05 am

I'm pretty sure that Little Guy quit using Camping World to sell their teardrops because of numerous complaints about the quality of service at Camping World.

I know that I complained to Little Guy about the quality of service I received when I was having some minor warranty work done by Camping World a few years ago.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby legojenn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 am

I bought a barbecue for a friend at Camping World so I could trade it for a canoe. I don't know why he wanted his Q from there, but who am I to argue? If I could get my rottie in a canoe, I'd actually use it when camping.

Anyhow, we were pretty invisible in the store until we jumped into a trailer with the barbecue and only then and got a salesman's attention.

I bought my trailer from a regional chain of RV stores. I was happy with the purchase. I love that little trailer. The sales experience left so much to be desired. Putting the hitch on took longer than promised and I had to wait two hours for my temp registration. I had to race over to Quebec to get a licence plate to get a permanent plate, to a place I've never been and made it just before closing. While I was waiting two angry customers came in and on the second incident, the manager was publicly yelling at a client in the parking lot, threatening police.

I feel for you.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Postby SteveF » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 am

Someone who can "talk the talk," should go in there and ask about service for a fictional big expensive Class A and see if they get treated differently. It'd be interesting to see if this is the way they treat everyone or just folks without $60k units...

...ps, I think most folks need to buy stuff or have service done at some point--maybe this is on topic enough to be threaded somewhere else?
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby len19070 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:38 am

Good customer service isn't that hard to create. I would always acknowledge a customers presents immediately. i.e. Good Morning/afternoon. Can I help you or I'll be with you in a moment...your not being ignored.

I would always start a little chit chat with the customer about him/her. Look at bumper stickers, if there's any writing on there hat, jacket and make a comment on it...Oh I camped there once...Did you ever fish the lake there? I belong to a VFW too, Oh your a Country Music fan etc.

Everyone likes to be noticed.

And there's always something you can do, over and above whats on the work order that costs you or the customer nothing and almost no time that lets the customer know that your looking out for them.

And tell them what you did!

I created a higher percentage of repeat business using an air gun blowing out dirty Refrigerator compartments than any ad campaign ever did.

Let them be aware...NOT SCARE THEM, about potential problems that may be coming up.

This kind of stuff is good for both sides, customer and the shop.

Its not hard.

Happy Trails

Len

len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 am

len19070 wrote:Good customer service isn't that hard to create. I would always acknowledge a customers presents immediately. i.e. Good Morning/afternoon. Can I help you or I'll be with you in a moment...your not being ignored.

I would always start a little chit chat with the customer about him/her. Look at bumper stickers, if there's any writing on there hat, jacket and make a comment on it...Oh I camped there once...Did you ever fish the lake there? I belong to a VFW too, Oh your a Country Music fan etc.

Everyone likes to be noticed.

And there's always something you can do, over and above whats on the work order that costs you or the customer nothing and almost no time that lets the customer know that your looking out for them.

And tell them what you did!

I created a higher percentage of repeat business using an air gun blowing out dirty Refrigerator compartments than any ad campaign ever did.

Let them be aware...NOT SCARE THEM, about potential problems that may be coming up.

This kind of stuff is good for both sides, customer and the shop.

Its not hard.

Happy Trails

Len

I totally agree with all of the above!

It doesn't take much to say "Hi - welcome to Joe Blow's Diner" (or whatever), make idle conversation, engage them somehow, be polite, friendly, say thank you and please come back. It doesn't take much to be nice!

I make it a point to call someone by their name (if I can see their tag) when I'm entering a store or checking out. I taught my sons to do the same. It makes a difference - it makes it personal.

I was raised to be polite, friendly and kind and I've stuck by those rules. I just can't tolerate rude, arrogant people.

Ok, a quick story:
I work/manage a construction company. One day when the Adm. Assistant/Receptionist wasn't at work I sat up front to cover the office. A salesman came in that I'd never dealt with before, introduced himself, "Andy" and I introduced myself, "Rebecca" (I use my grown-up name at work) and he began his "sales pitch". He kept calling me "Barbara" and I corrected him once - very politely. He continued his "sales pitch" and then called me "Roberta". Again, I smiled and politely said "Rebecca...my name is Rebecca". He looked at me and said, "Roberta, Rebecca...it's all the same". :thinking: Oooh - OK. So when he finished his "sales bullshi*", I said, "Anthony, I don't think we'll need what you are selling". He looked at me and said, "Andy, my name is Andy". I politely smiled and said, "Anthony, Andy...it's all the same". He smiled, shook his head and said "Touche". 8)

I never saw "Anthony" again. :(

:lol:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Big Dan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 pm

You should post their phone # and have everyone on the forum call them and ask about that same part :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm

I have found that saying I want to talk to the manager, NOW, sometimes gets a correction of attitude, after you actually talk to the manager and explain in no uncertain terms why exactly a churlish behavior on the part of staff lead to negative cash flow.
I monitor the iRV2 forum and high prices and incompetence seem endemic to the larger RV industry along with a DILIGAF attitude on the part of the manufacturers concerning the quality of their product exemplified by a warranty that is very seldom more than a year. Come on the things some times cost twice what my house is worth and are built of ticky tacky. Some of the horror stories of wiring not correctly routed just waiting to cause a fire.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby len19070 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:I have found that saying I want to talk to the manager, NOW, sometimes gets a correction of attitude, after you actually talk to the manager and explain in no uncertain terms why exactly a churlish behavior on the part of staff lead to negative cash flow..

Not in the CW stores I worked at!

Usually after a customer/manager encounter like that there would be a 30 to 45 minute customer bashing session behind employee only doors.

Happy Trails

Len
Last edited by len19070 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

len19070
3000 Club
3000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic