I HATE Camping World!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: I HATE Camping World!

Postby mary and bob » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Sounds a lot like the truck leasing company that I worked for (previous post by Len) I'm happily retired now and don't miss it at all.
mary and bob
500 Club

Postby George Taylor » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:23 pm

There customer service ranks up there with Comcast!
George Taylor
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Camp World, Good Sam, and 1000 trails go hand in hand.

It should be called RV World and to them the bigger the unit the more they will talk to you.

We had fun we went into them last in southern CA and talked to the sales guys they wanted to sell us a big one. I pointed to my little trailer in the parking lot and said that is what I have. They looked and said nothing.

When we first came to the one in Gilroy, Ca they had a lady selling free stay at 1000 trailers we signed up and stayed in a tent near Gage in S. CA it was between the railroad and a dry river bed they put us where we could see the far off mountains. the River bed Wall full of trash, they offered a pond to fish from filled with starving fish where even a bare hook looked tasty and a fronter town with fake front and cowboy actors shooting blanks. It was the worst. We sat though a hour sales pitch so we could get a $50 cash card at Camping World and we said no and took our card and went shopping at camp world.
Camp world also got us a membership to Good Sam I got there mag. and email and kept thinking about getting their towing insurance but never did. They billed me all the time when I stopped the membership after a year they stopped.

At Camp world there they seemed ok but down south is all they want to do is sell you what is on the floor and a new RV. I seemed to be all about money.

I have been in retail for 40 years and understand that if you treat the customer like you want to be treated they will come back. But if you try and tell the customer what they want they usually will not come back or leave in a hurry. A lot of folks get those jobs because they can bring in money but they do not want to do any work for it. Those who do are more valued by the customer and the customer tills the boss who to keep and who to can.

If you have problems and they offer survey they might be more polite next time. If you have a really good person put that in the survey the top Brass read these. At my Job if my name is in the on line survey 3 or more time I get $50 bucks If you go up to the boss I get a pat on the back.

If you want to see them turn around write corp or do the survey.

Camping World Even they say 100% Satisfaction at the web site. customer complaint site. may or may not help depending on who reads it and how much they care.
http://www.campingworld.com/contactUsFo ... Complaints
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby SSchumacherCO » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 pm

I am now compelled to chime in on this subject. Last year bought a $40K camping trailer from Camping World in Boise ID. We got a good deal and and they were very helpful getting us set up. This year we needed to get some repairs done. Called my local CW in Colorado for an appointment that was 2weeks out as they were busy. Fine. After a week I had not heard from them so I called to check on their progress. They said it had just come out of the shop and they would call as soon as they had it wrapped up. A week later still had not heard from them so I drove there to see what was up. Again it had just come out of the shop. But because I was there they could not just hang up the phone. Turns out they had not ordered the parts pending my approval. Not sure how they were going to get that with out calling me. I told them to get what ever it takes, just fix it. I continued to call them each week for the next month. Each time it had just come out of the shop and they would call me as soon as they wrapped it up.

Now I am an easy going fellow. I understand things take time. Things happen. Life is not always smooth. But they were clearly not truthful about the status of my camper. Well they had their chance. I turned them over to my wife. She negotiates multi million dollar contracts for a living and is way less accomidating than I. When she speaks things happen or else people feel her pain. They tried putting her on hold, tried hanging up on her and other tactics but she was not to be put off. Eventually they gave in and had to deal with her. The repairs were scheduled for the next day. It ended up costing me $2600 to have the water heater replaced along with some other fixes and someone lost their job, but it finally got done.

I think the constant stream of lies bothered me more than the price gouging and incompitance. They asked if I was going to bring the camper in this fall to have it winterized. I'll bet if I dropped it off this weekend they could have it done by next spring. In the mean time it will have just come out of the shop.
SSchumacherCO
Teardrop Advisor

Postby bc toys » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

1st If I bought a 40k trailer and with in a year the hot water heater went out it would cost them
2nd the next time they told me it just got done and I showed up and it wasn't done I would be in the back room with the manager having a talk
3rd I would call corp. on this CW store and let them know about their way of treating a man that just spent 40k and if thats the way you handle thing
I'll go somewhere else to spend my $
and last I can't stand CW anyway
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Woodbutcher » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:28 pm

I find it interesting and sad that there are 7 pages of complaints about Camping World. It takes so much effort by a company to recover from bad press. This is BAD PRESS for sure.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby SSchumacherCO » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Not only are there 7 pages of complaints but there are complaints from all over the country. This has the feel of corporate policy. At least they are equal opportunity jerks. No mater what you spent, no mater where your originally purchased you camper, factory build or home built, everyone gets raked across the coals the same. ;)
SSchumacherCO
Teardrop Advisor

Postby only_the_truth » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 pm

only_the_truth
Teardrop Inspector

Postby legojenn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 am

only_the_truth wrote:https://www.change.org/p/camping-world-i-want-my-job-back

I've been to a Camping World once and didn't like the place. I don't see how the petition relates to shoddy service. The person who created the petition has provided no evidence to prove that he we was fired, no evidence of wrong doing, no dates, etc. I'd save the complaints for things that can be documented.
Jenn
legojenn
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Off Topic