I HATE Camping World!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby starleen2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 am

Steve_Cox wrote:Camping World has contacted Becca to let her know they were seriously interested in what was said about them here on the forum, and I followed up by asking them to post on this thread for all to see, perhaps they still will. I do believe transparency is these issues would further their reputation as much as any action they might take. Below is my PM to Jean Sewell and her response to me. Becca is camping and couldn't respond a the moment, but did on the phone to me.

Hi Jean.

Thank you so much for contacting Becca "Cajun Lady" privately about the issues she had at the Tampa area store.

It would be a boost for your company image if you could post to the thread on the forum for all to read your concerns.

We are a just a group of little trailer enthusiasts, but we are 12,000 strong. At any given time we have just as many people lurking and reading as we have signed in and participating.

Sincerely,

Mr. Cox;

Thank you for your communication and for providing the link to the camping forum. We had received this link from another subscriber a bit earlier on Monday, and have now been in direct contact with the customer.

Again, thank you for your time.

Jean Sewell
Manager
Camping World Customer Care

Did someone else send a link to Camping World? I think it was just me and while it is good to know Camping World is aware and checking the forum daily, I would still like to see Jean post here for all to see and tell us about how the Camping World Management meeting went today when this issue was discussed.

Perhaps an episode of undercover Boss would be more appropriate too!
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby SteveF » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:34 am

Gus wrote, in part:
In general, "superior customer service", is a thing of the past virtually everwhere you go.

Yep. That's what happens in a consumer culture when lowest price trumps all, though...
SteveF
Teardrop Master

Postby gregp136 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:26 pm

In my humble opinion, I think we don't get customer service because we don't want to pay for customer service. When I worked for a True Value Hardware store, the owner needed to boost all the prices a few cents in order to hire employees who knew what they were talking about. People prefer the big boxes to save some money, and as a result you run into people who do not know a rasp from a whole in the ground. My father always told me, you get what you pay for.

Greg(and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 pm

There shouldn't be a price on being nice. :no: I'm not paid what I feel I'm worth but that doesn't stop me from going the extra mile. How I handle myself with vendors, clients, GC's reflects back to the company I work for. Do you think the door greeters at Wal Mart are paid well? I doubt it but they are very friendly and always smiling. Maybe they should go teach a class at CW.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I think this has more to do with culture than anything else: These are my observations from 4 years in Alabama(from California)..not saying everybody is like this.

1. guys at the parts/service counter do not expect a female to know what she talking about and feel intimidated, so they try to BS ya and when you call their bluff they react the only way they know how.

2. Women are supposed to be passive and if they are not then some men treat them disrespectfully.

Disclaimer: I like intelligent women who challenge me in intelligence and are as self-sufficient. My wife has a Masters in Tumor Immunology from Georgetown. OUCH!!!!honey don't hit me so hard...LOL
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby Big Dan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm

When it come to knowledgeable service, you get what you pay for. But courtesy and respect should come freely.
"Happiness is only real when shared" Alexander Supertramp
Big Dan
The 300 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Big Dan wrote:When it come to knowledgeable service, you get what you pay for. But courtesy and respect should come freely.

I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:40 pm

rbeemer wrote:I think this has more to do with culture than anything else: These are my observations from 4 years in Alabama(from California)..not saying everybody is like this.

1. guys at the parts/service counter do not expect a female to know what she talking about and feel intimidated, so they try to BS ya and when you call their bluff they react the only way they know how.

2. Women are supposed to be passive and if they are not then some men treat them disrespectfully.

Disclaimer: I like intelligent women who challenge me in intelligence and are as self-sufficient. My wife has a Masters in Tumor Immunology from Georgetown. OUCH!!!!honey don't hit me so hard...LOL

Rick, I agree with you on both of those statements. I really felt like he thought I was some air-head lady who didn't know what she was looking for. I'm not passive by any means but I'm polite, respectful and friendly - all of which I didn't receive at that store from that person.

Like I mentioned before, I can put up with ignorance but not arrogance. Ignorance to me is just lack of knowledge - I don't look down on anyone for that but arrogance is a choice. A bad choice I might add.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Larwyn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
rbeemer wrote:I think this has more to do with culture than anything else: These are my observations from 4 years in Alabama(from California)..not saying everybody is like this.

Rick, I agree with you on both of those statements. I really felt like he thought I was some air-head lady who didn't know what she was looking for. I'm not passive by any means but I'm polite, respectful and friendly - all of which I didn't receive at that store from that person.

Like I mentioned before, I can put up with ignorance but not arrogance. Ignorance to me is just lack of knowledge - I don't look down on anyone for that but arrogance is a choice. A bad choice I might add.

My wife often picks up some beer for me on her way home. If I've been good, it's Shiner Bock. If not so good she brings me some kind of light beer. And when I've gotten completely out hand..........................
Larwyn

Keeper of the Most Out Of Control Shop (2005)

I feel bad for the man that cannot spell a word more than one way. Mark Twain
Larwyn
Mad Kilted Texan

Postby jan4peace » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 pm

I was just wonderig if you have thought about writing a letter or sending an e-mail to the company or even calling them? Most companies would listen to the details of your issue and try to help in some way.

Sorry you have had such a bad experience. I've never visited a camping world, so I don't know any specifics about them. I've just worked in customer service field for most of my life. I think that you have a valid complaint and the right to be heard. Any rational business would want to make changes to improve their customer service expecially in this economy. I hope you will contact them :)
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Larwyn wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:

My wife often picks up some beer for me on her way home. If I've been good, it's Shiner Bock. If not so good she brings me some kind of light beer. And when I've gotten completely out hand..........................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 pm

happy_teardrops wrote:I was just wonderig if you have thought about writing a letter or sending an e-mail to the company or even calling them? Most companies would listen to the details of your issue and try to help in some way.

Sorry you have had such a bad experience. I've never visited a camping world, so I don't know any specifics about them. I've just worked in customer service field for most of my life. I think that you have a valid complaint and the right to be heard. Any rational business would want to make changes to improve their customer service expecially in this economy. I hope you will contact them :)

Jan, a member here did forward the link to this thread to the Customer Service and in turn they forwarded it to the Manager of Customer Service Care, who in turn sent me an email immediately.

Ms. Jean was very upset when she read my post, along with all the others regarding our unpleasant experiences with CW. She stated it was not the way the company ran business and would look deeply into the matter. She stated she would (may have already) get with the district manager of that store and make him aware of this and to get it corrected.

She was very, very apologetic about it all. I didn't take her conversation lightly - I truly felt she meant what she said. Time will tell.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby jan4peace » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:
happy_teardrops wrote:I was just wonderig if you have thought about writing a letter or sending an e-mail to the company or even calling them? Most companies would listen to the details of your issue and try to help in some way.

Jan, a member here did forward the link to this thread to the Customer Service and in turn they forwarded it to the Manager of Customer Service Care, who in turn sent me an email immediately.

Ms. Jean was very upset when she read my post, along with all the others regarding our unpleasant experiences with CW. She stated it was not the way the company ran business and would look deeply into the matter. She stated she would (may have already) get with the district manager of that store and make him aware of this and to get it corrected.

She was very, very apologetic about it all. I didn't take her conversation lightly - I truly felt she meant what she said. Time will tell.

Good :thumbsup: I'm glad you've been heard :) I hope they will reslove this for you soon.
Jan

"The sun looked out of the sky, clean, fresh, and golden, spreading light and warmth everywhere." Mirra Ginsburg
jan4peace
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby eamarquardt » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Larwyn wrote:

I'm not saying a word.

Cheers,

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member

Postby rbeemer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Larwyn wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:

When you are really good does she bring you Lucky Basartd Ale
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic