The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:21 am

We started at around 60 degrees yesterday morning, but it got cooler through the day. We are frosty again this morning.

I worked in the barn a little yesterday. I build more shelves/ power tool storage. I then went out for a little more trail work. We did have a group ride here last night. We had 7 of us. It was a great ride, we have a fairly decent group now.. :D

I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. I am not sure what I will do today. I do need some groceries.. and perhaps I will do some other errands.

Laurie has her hike here tonight, one of our riders is interested in bringing his young son.. to bike with them. I might bike with them.. in case they need anything.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Been a fairly strange week. Last Thursday, my FIL went to inpatient in a Hospice facility and passed away yesterday afternoon. Burial will be next Tuesday.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:27 pm

toypusher wrote:Been a fairly strange week. Last Thursday, my FIL went to inpatient in a Hospice facility and passed away yesterday afternoon. Burial will be next Tuesday.

I am sorry to hear that, my condolences. I had a friend die Tuesday... from ALS :(

I have been working in the woods earlier in the morning when it's colder.. then on the barn later in the day.

This morning I started coming down with a cold... and we are going away this weekend. :(
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks Glenn.

Sorry to hear about your friend. :(
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:20 pm

toypusher wrote:Thanks Glenn.

Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Thanks.. she was 56... and passed about a year after her diagnosis... which was short of Als... but I guess once you start "getting bad" it's perhaps a blessing not to linger.

At my dentist appointment earlier in the week.. I mentioned some pain. They could not find anything.. excepting what seemed like a minor gum issue near a root. They gave me a "wash" to use in a syringe... and if it wasn't better in a week to go back. 3 days later it was considerably worse.. so I went back in. She was away at a class, but her husband [was in the office].. and called her They gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. It was this that allow the cold to get me.

I have continued to work on the barn.. and do some trail work. Still working in the woods in the morning..and the barn when it warms up.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Spent most of the day yesterday at MIL's hosting for people to visit and talk to her. Worked pretty normal day today and the burial is tomorrow. Gonna be a tough day, I am sure.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Kerry.. I hope the burial went ok.

We had a great weekend away. It was kind of rough for me.. my tooth was not great.. and the cold was miserable. I was able to do the ride.. and everything else.. but was kind of out of it.

Early on in the ride I didn't feel all that great.. but ended up riding ok. I kept riding off the front.. and when I got to an intersection.. I rode back to the last person.. then back to the intersection. I got in about 26.5 miles...and that was on dirt. [easy dirt] That is the longest [by far] since surgery.

I was back to the dentist today.. twice.. it got worse.. and the symptoms changed considerably. I need a root canal... :cry: .. I have to go to someone else for that.

We are supposed to have a fairly rainy week... it was fairly dry this morning.. and I got a little barn roof work done.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 am

Ooo, root canal - What fun! :( Sorry to hear about that.

The burial service was fine. My MIL insisted on seeing him before hand and that was really tough on her and my wife and her brothers. But the service was nice except that it was windy at the cemetery. But, it was sunny for the most part and a bit cool. Everyone went to my BIL's house after and it was really nice for my MIL to just sit and talk to everyone and get her mind of it for a bit.

It has turned slightly cooler her with highs in upper 50s and low to mid 60s. Overnights around 40 or so.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:53 am

Rain rain rain. Heavy rain last night, and today..and through tomorrow. They are saying maybe as much as 6" in some locations. This will change things in the woods for this season. It is late enough in the year, things will not dry out again. This will change what we do for trail work. hmm I just realized we have some fire wood out there to collect. It's just stuff from trail work, but I would like to get it. We often forget about it and it goes bad. It's not a huge deal either way.. but I would like to get it.

I guess I am going to do some catching up on house work... and working out. I might do some tool maintenance. [trail tools].
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Rain rain rain.. we still have rain..it's somewhat wet all the time, but it varies greatly in intensity. Yesterday.. I spent most of my time working in the gym.. cleaning.. and such. I put some hooks up to hang stuff, but mostly cleaning. I did get a good weight workout in.. and then a Bkool ride when Laurie got home.

Back at it again today.. more gym work. My hyperextension bench is too low to the ground.. so I have build it up.. raising it up about 7"..

It is perhaps time for another workout. Laurie has a hike tonight.. I am not sure if it will happen in this weather... or exactly what for a workout I will do... :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby crttaz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 am

So I guess this is the group therapy catch all thread?

Newbie to the tnttt scene in one sense, did make a sleeping area in my Honda CRX so I kinda know what I want to do going forward.

Mom passed away on 10-9-17 and she did mention "Go out and see the world" if her end did come. So hopefully come spring time I'll be dragging a prebuilt unit around trying not to be a fool.

I'm enjoying the cooler weather, haven't bothered to turn the furnace on in the (Mom's) house. It is 60-61 inside and I'm OK with just a hoodie on.

Cheers all.

:beer:
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:33 am

Hello crttaz. Sorry for you loss.

This thread has a LONG history. It started as the thread killer thread. At the moment.. I am drawing a blank.. but a member was mentioning it seemed any time he posted on a thread.. the thread died. So of course we made sure that post did not die. It got very popular and busy. It was at times very silly... but at times very serious and educational. It got so big.. that it "ran" slow... and it has been restarted several times. Over time people left.. some who knows? Some died :cry: .. many left when Face book caught on. It's mostly Kerry and I now. Cd checks in once in a while.. as does Paul.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:37 pm

I got my hyper bench "fixed" yesterday. I did end up doing something for a core workout. I was going to hike with the others.. and not far into it.. I changed my mind and headed back. My knee hurt.. and it felt like it was going to be a struggle.. so I decided to go back. I ended up doing a light leg workout.

We woke to sun this morning. I ended up puttering around with a few little project.. filling the woodshed... I did some work on the barn.. I was going to go with Laurie to my uncles to pick up some phone poles he's giving us.. but this afternoon wasn't good for him... we will now go in the morning. I got the trailer "out".. aired up the tires.. etc. I did have a light on it to "fix".

It is now hooked up and ready to go.. and we will go in the morning.

:)
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby crttaz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:11 am

So a typical random thoughts thread.... 8)
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 am

crttaz wrote:So a typical random thoughts thread.... 8)

random thoughts and soooo much more. We used to playfully harass one another a lot. At one time you could, when in a quote like this.. edit someone else's words. :o :twisted: We would often post 10 to 15 pages of stuff a night.

But there was also useful info buried in there at times.. heath stuff... I would get asked bike questions... all kinds of stuff.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic