The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your cousin!

Happy June a couple days late. It has been a tough week for me and very tired every day after work. Still fighting the weather it looks like - more rain early next week, etc. Good news is that my helper is getting better and not crapping out after 4 hours or so.

Planning on going shooting tomorrow, so that should be fun. But, might get rain in the morning and late morning is the plan for right now. Guess we will see in the morning.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:13 am

We are still having semi rainy weather. At least some of these days have some sun. I got some work done on the porch yesterday. A little mowing.. and then some trail work. We are still working on spring clean up. We are getting there although still have a bit to do. Although I need to do some trail mowing and string trimming now. I suspect we will do more this morning.. and then work on the porch this afternoon.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

We did get a couple of small showers today. We were outside during both and it wasn't a big deal. Of course we were working in the woods and not staining. We did get a bit more trail work done. We did get some of that air mat stuff put up on the other side wall of the porch. We then decided to do some mowing. We hope to get that wall sided tomorrow. The wall is under a good sized overhang. It is also on the side near Laurie's carport.. so we can put the saw in there.. and do the initial staining in there.

We are heading out to dinner [now] with our munchie group.

:D
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:19 pm

I really wanted to do trail work today... but we have a lot of building yet to do.. so. :roll:

It was also our best forecast for a while.. Next week [except Thursday.. a work day] is supposed to be quite wet.. including next weekend... :cry: :cry:

Anyways today started nicely gorgeous.. and we were working on the porch siding. During our break for lunch.. we got surprised by a downpour.. all our tools and some semi freshly boards.. were out in the rain.... :cry: :cry:

It is sunny again... at the moment. :roll: I got those boards installed.. and they seemed to be ok. [I touch them up again once they are installed any ways]

At times I am using Laurie for help.. at others.. like when I am staining.. I don't need her right here. So she has picked up some of the "stuff" from our doghouse project. She has also taken care of all the lumber that was on our big trailer. I will need the trailer to pick some stuff up from my Uncle. He wrote a little while ago saying he had a culvert section.. and some partial phone poles, we could have. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:21 am

I am feeling a little beat down today. :(

Tired.. and haven't felt good in some time.. more rainy weather.. Perhaps the recent deaths.. 2 family members in a little over 2 weeks. My cousin who just died.... his birthday is/ was today.. and of course Face book keeps reminding me to wish him a happy birthday.

I am trying to be productive [that helps]. I am.. so far anyways working on little projects. I did cut some trim and stain it.. but then move onto other things while the stain dries. I cleaned up, sharpened.. oiled the handles etc. of my loppers. I have sharpened one of my saws.. fixed a rake handle..
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:01 pm

ok... today I am grumpy... :fb

I know I am grumpy.. but things at work didn't help.. My two primary co-workers.. are squabbling..[my new boss is frustrated.. he feels like he's baby sitting little kids[ :? Fortunetely I don't work with them both at once.. Today was Paul's day off and I worked with David.. Thursday will be David's day off and I work with Paul.. David is being more of the pecker head.. and making a ton of mistakes. Today most any time the manager wasn't in the store.. he was on the computer... personal stuff.. face book etc.

We were cool and cloudy today.. we had a chance of showers.. but I don't think it ever rained. Our high was in the 50's.

We did have a group ride tonight.. it was fairly good.. we have a couple of "weird" riders.. that sometimes show up.. I worked them over a little tonight.. :pictures: :twisted: :roll: I got a good workout out of it... for we won't be able to ride tomorrow night. Jeff's funeral is tomorrow... although I don't know if he will be there yet.. :NC
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 am

Wow! Been a while. Not much happening around here. Work and more work and sometimes bad weather or sick helper. Knee is been bad this week, but hoping it will calm down a bit soon.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:50 pm

We went away for the weekend.. to New Hampshire. Dave was racing at Pat's Peak... a downhill race. This one is 3.5 hours away.. and the closest one. They also have "regular" mountain bike racing. 6 hour.. 12 hour... and 24 hour endurance racing.. as well as a cross country race. The other races don't get all that much attendance. Actually the regular cross country race might have been well attended.. the endurance stuff is not. In the past it has been a "nasty" tough course. They did improve it a lot for this year.. but it is still a pretty tough course. Some of us rode the course early Saturday. I wasn't really "on"but it was pretty tough.

Actually the downhill course was pretty tough also. Dave did a bunch of practice runs Saturday.. a few Sunday morning.. then the race.. Sunday afternoon. They had two runs.. on two courses.. and the best combined time was the winner. We did walk all of both courses Saturday afternoon.. then also walked part way up to watch the race.

There were some really cool sections. The downhill course had an up and over "bridge" over the the cross country course. there were 3 different legs of the CC course that passed under the downhill course. Further up the mountain they had the CC riders drop down into a tunnel under the downhill course... that was really cool.. especially with both races happening at the same time.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 am

Hot and humid here. It was in the mid 90s yesterday and very humid. Today is supposed to be repeat only with more humidity. :shock: We trimmed trees and bushes yesterday for about 4 hours and it was miserable. Starting at 730 today and should only be about 3 hours or maybe a bit less.

Going to try getting to the Field and Stream store today if all goes well at work. Mark wants to go with me, but will have to see if he can go today or not. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:45 am

I had a Doctor's appointment yesterday. I got some bike work done.. and the van unloaded.. some laundry done. We had 95 degrees and humid for our ride last night. All my new riders bailed :roll: Angela, Laurie, and I rode. We had a quick fairly hard ride... 90 minutes. We supposed to be hot and humid today.. with some coolness coming in late this afternoon.

I have another appointment tomorrow.. and then need some tests.. and then a graduation party later.. so not a lot of time for work tomorrow. :(
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:50 am

Fenlason wrote:.. some tests.. and then a graduation party later.. :(

Do you have to pass the tests to have the party??? :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:29 pm

toypusher wrote:
Fenlason wrote:.. some tests.. and then a graduation party later.. :(

Do you have to pass the tests to have the party??? :D

I hope not... :oops:

Well... the test results will take a little time.. and the party is tomorrow night... so ....

An ok day at work.. then a very painful ride tonight.. my legs felt pretty dead before the ride.. and I was still pretty dehydrated.. We had a LOT of wind tonight.. and I took some pretty long pulls into the wind.

Then after about 15 miles.. me pulling the majority of that.. Gordon decides to attack.. I chased him down.. and didn't sit on his wheel.. but just went right by him to the front.. he did that a few times.. the Greg started going with him.. then they started working together.. to try to stay away.. each time I still caught them.. although the last few.. took some time. I burnt most of my matches.. doing that. Fortunately they did the same trying to get away.

I still ended up pulling most of the way back. My legs are still quite sore.. an hour and a half after the ride.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm

More blood work.. exrays.. ultra sound.. and Doctors appointment today... and a phone call for 2 more tests.. I think an ultra sound on my carotids and something else for a test.. that I do recall. :NC

On one test.. I had someone comment on my strong abs.. and the exray "people" were marveling at my neck muscles. They said they don't usually show up so pronounced and defined in an exray.

I did finally get to do a little work around here today. I started building the little door, I wanted to go between the wood shed and the porch. There is a 22" wide space.. and I just want to semi close it up in the winter.. to lessen the amount of snow, and cold wind that comes in. Times when I had stain drying.. I did some close by trail mowing.

time to get ready for that party I guess... :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:14 am

Yesterday was another hot, humid day. They said today would be better, but now saying mid to upper 80s - just not quite as humid and then back to humid again tomorrow and just as warm as today. My helper is about 30 lbs overweight and can not stand the heat. We did not work much Tue or Wed and have lots to do today and tomorrow, but not sure we will get it done because of him. :roll:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 pm

We are coolish.. It might have gotten to 65 today.. and it was cooler yesterday... with mostly sun most of the time.

Today was an ok day at work.. sort of busy.. and some "problem" repairs.

I got signed up for a race in a little over a week.. a 6 hour mountain bike race. :o I don't really feel ready for that. :oops: I am racing for the shops team.. I was given a new team kit.. and got signed up [he did ask ahead of time] Although he did also sign me up for the 2 races the next day. Which I don't know if I would be physically capable of doing. He just didn't want me to be in a place where I wanted to.. and then have to pay for it.

I wish I had a couple of weeks to prepare... while that really isn't enough.. it would be better than what I have....
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic