The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 am

Friday morning I went to the shop to work on some bikes [of mine] I had to pull out the bb on my Fuze to clean, I also checked over my Epic. Laurie took the afternoon off.. and we did some trail work in the rain. Yesterday morning we went back out to "finish" the area we were working in. We did some "polishing" of a new trail, and an older trail, that was never finished. We removed a LOT of stumps.. some roots.. some rock.. and did some earth work. I am not sure what I did yesterday, that I didn't do Friday... but my sore wrist is much worse. [maybe it was the combo?] It didn't hurt while working..

I finished painting the hearts and stars on our fireplace back wall.. we mowed the lawn.. and I got the latch on that new door installed.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 am

We are really humid today.. have been all weekend... it is now getting warmer.. and we have a chance of some heavy thunderstorms this afternoon.

My wrist is quite painful.. it's gotten worse not better. I was thinking about starting building the barn staging.. but want to take it easier on it.

I did do some trail work. I noticed a small stump yesterday on our ride... that we had forgotten to cut.. so I went out to do that. I also cleaned up another shortish trail...well a couple of trails.. another shortish one closer to the house.. most of that "clean up" was mowing, with the club cadet.

I have made a couple of signs.. a black diamond for my steep drop... and a couple of arrows for that same area.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:29 am

Yeah, it has been really humid here lately. Finally broke a bit yesterday. Been doing a lot of bush and small tree trimming the last week or so. Lawns are really dry here so we don't have much mowing to do lately. My knee has been bothering me more lately too and I am not sure I will make it through the mowing season without an operation that would put me out of action for at least two weeks.

Thought I had lost my phone yesterday and spent about an hour driving around to the places we mowed yesterday looking for it and finally my boss got home and I had him call it. Turns out it was actually down inside the mower under the seat. What a relief to find it.

Also, we switched trucks yesterday for work and the new one is a lot better in tight spots. Liking it so far, just have to be very careful when backing up and turning. The back of the truck is closer to the trailer than the old truck was.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Yesterday we had a lot of little shower come through... they contained some HEAVY rain but were brief... it was sort of neat out.. and I was at work so it didn't mess up work here. We had a lot of separate fluffy clouds.. some white and "pretty" some wicked dark and menacing looking.. and there was some blue sky mixed in.

It did let up for our ride.

I don't recall what I have said.. but I have had a physical.. and am having a lot of tests to go with it. I just had an echo cardiogram on the heart and carotids today.. and talked to the Doctor about the exrays of my neck. He said things looked much worse than he was expecting... and is scheduling an MRI.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Hope you are not claustrophobic. I used to be able to take MRIs, but the older I get the less I like them. I have to have drugs before being put in the MRI machine anymore! :oops:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:42 am

Yes I am claustrophobic... I have had a few MRIs.. they are tough to get through but I have made it. I am not sure but I am guessing this one won't take as long as some of the brain ones...

zzzz I feel rather zombie like.. I have been awake since 2:00 am... and I have work today. :(

I think we are to have a nice day today weather wise. It is sunny now anyways.. I think even decent temps and humidity.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:07 pm

An ok day at work..we were busy.. lots of traffic and lots of little fix in now type of things... although no real pressure to it. Right now.. I really feel like a zombie..

I am going to work Saturday in our other store.. one of the guys down there [john] would like to do the race. I had offered to cover for someone if they wanted. So I will drop Laurie off at the race.. on the way.. work for John.. then go back to the race.. to pick up Lauire.. and hang out. Also this way.. our team gets better exposure.. I have no temptations to do more on the bike than I should.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Today was a good day. I dropped Laurie off at the race.. then headed to our other store.. It was tough leaving all the people and fun.. but :shrug:

Work was good.. it was nice working with Alan [I have never done that] I have also never worked down in that store. Some aspects of their set up I liked better than our store. We were busy.. although just semi steady.. vs hectic. I then headed back to the race. Chris.. wasn't all that sure of leading a ride after all the festivities.. so I asked if I could tag along in the fun race.. if I promised not to win. ;)

I wasn't officially in the race.. no number or timing chip... I did maybe end up in second place [which I had not idea about] There were a LOT of kids in this race.. I started way back... I did realized how slow some would be.. so I intentionally passed some of the easier wider dual track.. once in the single track.. I waited until someone messed up.. before passing. It physically hurt [the wrist and neck etc].. but it was good to get out and I had a fun ride.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 am

I worked a half day Saturday and then went to a very small family reunion in the evening. Yesterday we just did some things around the house and then relaxed for the rest of the day. Back to work today but that should be fairly nice. Only going to be in the 70s and not much humidity.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am

Hey Kerry... :D

Sunday we worked here.. We started building the staging for the next step on the barn. I need more lumber to finish it. We also noticed an active pair of chickadee's in the bird house on that wall. So we will wait to work on that wall. I can finish the staging..but then will move onto something else. We have plenty of other stuff we can do.

This morning another Dr. appointment.. it was mostly to check on the BP... the increase dose is helping that. I have heard on my carotid check.. and those were good.. he hadn't got anything back on my echo yet. My MRI is scheduled for the 6th.. and with my wrist worse without any additional trauma he ordered an X-ray.. which was done this morning. It is swollen and warm.. along with the pain.

I decided to get back to some staining on the barn today... or at least this morning. It sounds like I have a few people riding tonight. I stained a bit.. took a break.. and found myself close to lunch time. I was going to goof off until lunch.. but I can get a bit of mowing done in 30 minutes. After lunch it looked like more of a chance of showers.. so no more staining. I had a little trail work I wanted to do before tonight's ride. I am just back from that.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:17 am

Yesterday was bush trimming and mulching at two different customers and today will be back to mowing our regular schedule.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:25 am

Last night's ride didn't go as planned.. No one showed for the regular 4:30 ride. Our nearby new person.. says he will be back.. but... :roll: I had two that were coming at 6:00... one canceled.. the other never show. [he says he didn't get my email confirming the ride.. until last night] [which I believe]. We waited for him until 6:30.. headed out.. and then about 20 minutes out.. we heard a horn signaling.. hmm that is definitely someone signally someone.. and that could sound like Jon's new van.. So I crank back.. as fast as I can [ahead of Laurie]... no one there... :roll: looking at tracks in the driveway.. Laurie's was the last vehicle in... We decided to call it quits.

Work today... then our road ride tonight.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:06 am

Tuesdays ride didn't go as planned either.. we had a fairly good sized thunderstorm come through at ride time. At least it came through early enough.. that we just chose not to ride.

I made a lumber yard run yesterday.. getting more for the staging.. did a little excavator work done.. switched out wheels on a bike. Started putting a collar on my porch fireplace stove pipe.. and cut my thumb :(

We had a good mountain bike ride last night... at Pine Ridge [not here] with the club. Work today.. then I am off for 6 days. :D :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:38 am

Fenlason wrote:.... Work today.. then I am off for 6 days. :D :twisted:

Funny I have work today and tomorrow, then 2 days off, work Monday, have Tuesday (4th) off! :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 am

I lucked out this year.. Tuesday.. the 4th is a normally one of my few work days. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic