The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks Kerry.. It was a good day.. but a quiet one.. we just stayed home and did trail work. :D

We have warmed up again also... although not horribly. We have another funeral tomorrow.. Then I think to Dave and Angela's for dinner. Sort of for my birthday, and Kassidy is home from college.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:32 am

In the 70's and rain so far today. Think the rain is supposed to be off and on and a real soaker tomorrow. Not sure what if anything I will be getting done today. Just feeling tired.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 pm

We were in the 60's and dry this morning. We did get out for a little trail work.. for a bit. We had a downpour just after we got back in the house. We have had some showers on and off today.

We had a funeral this afternoon.. the dinner at Dave and Angela's

It sounds like more rain tomorrow.

I have PT early in the morning.. then I am not sure what else I will do.. :thinking:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 am

We had rain most of the day yesterday, but it is sunny today. Also, will be kinda sticky again today. Already heard from my co-worker and he is sick this morning, of course. :roll:

Should be ok for mowing today, but not looking good for tomorrow and Thursday. Change of rain and drizzle both days, but at least cooler.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 am

We woke to warm.. foggy.. but no rain.

I had my last PT session. They did ask, if I wanted more sessions [it was the last per their original "prescription" the start.] I was ok with them asking.. but I am not sure what they are doing that I can't do myself. They did give me some exercises that I wasn't originally doing on my own. Most of any questions I asked were not answered... while the exercises I was given hit the rhomboids... there was never anything given directly for the neck... I was never given any stretches. They evaluated me at the start, but didn't do much at the end. So.... :?

I did get out for about 2.5 hours of work in the wood, before the rain hit. Otherwise I just did a little house work.. and then another workout. We did have rain most of the rest of the day, into the night, but woke to sun. It is still warm and humid, but is supposed to cool and dry out a little.

I have started working on the barn this morning. Installing more siding boards, and I have just put the next door track up. I am not sure if I am lumber for this next door or not. Hopefully I can at least get the door frame made today... then pick up more stuff in the morning. I think Laurie is taking the afternoon off.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 am

I am really not sure what your therapist is like, but I had one that left me feeling like I wasted my time. Then I found my current one who, along with herself and her staff, is very good. She did wonders for me and is now working with my wife. She is young, well trained and very professional....means very good. Her repuataion has gotten her a ton of referrals.

My point is that maybe for your next theraphy need, you might want to consider looking elsewhere. I am convinced there is a direct correlation between the quality of therapy and the results.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am

Hey Bob:

This therapist was part of the hospital. They was a 3 week backlog when I went in for an appointment. In looking on-line there were a lot of other places in the area that I could have tried, but not knowing any.. I thought I would play it safe and stay with this one.. expecting them to be pretty good. Once a week this time of year... the time wasn't a big deal.. and the appointments didn't end up costing me anything.. and the exercises did work the area needing to be worked.. so not a complete waste.. but I was sort of expecting more.

If I was to need a physical therapist again.. I would look into going else ware.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:44 pm

hmm some how I misunderstood Laurie again :NC :roll: :oops: Laurie is not taking the afternoon off. I am sort of feeling lazy today.. so perhaps that is best.

I am getting some work done.. but Laurie would have not have added a lot of productivity to the day. \

I do have the last siding boards on this next part of the barn. I got the door tract up, and that wall stained. I also just got the door frame made.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby lrrowe » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Fenlason wrote:Hey Bob:

This therapist was part of the hospital. They was a 3 week backlog when I went in for an appointment. In looking on-line there were a lot of other places in the area that I could have tried, but not knowing any.. I thought I would play it safe and stay with this one.. expecting them to be pretty good. Once a week this time of year... the time wasn't a big deal.. and the appointments didn't end up costing me anything.. and the exercises did work the area needing to be worked.. so not a complete waste.. but I was sort of expecting more.

If I was to need a physical therapist again.. I would look into going else ware.

Good luck and I guess I am lucky to be in an area with a lot of seniors (many retirees) my age where word of mouth recommendations is both plentiful and very helpful.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Cooler and mostly sunny today, or at least it started that way.. it looks like it has clouded in a little.

I did a bunch of odds and ends today. I moved some bigger stumps, that we could not move the other day. I used the excavator today. I had 3 left to move, and found another I had not dug up yet. Then out for some errands.. boards for that next door.. fuel.. and other stuff.

I got the door built, and hung.. and assorted hardware installed.. and also stained. I put flashing tape up on the second floor wall corners. {prepping it for the metal corner trim. I felt perhaps a little too foggy to want to install the trim itself. I got some other stuff picked up for winter.

I am taking a little break now, while deciding what if anything else to do. :thinking:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 pm

We started frost this morning, but it warmed into the 60's with good sun.

We have been off on what day it is all week. :thinking: It's a day later than we have been thinking... and Laurie had the afternoon off, and I didn't know.. until she didn't go back to work. :?

hmm lots of odds and ends of work today. I started filling that sink hole at the edge of the lawn. I used the string trimmer and brush cutter around the south deck and work out area.. and around the trees on the back lawn. Laurie and I went out and hauled everything away, picking up some recent limb drop also.

I put up more metal trim on the barn. We moved some of our lumber pile... PT from the driveway.. over to my stash.

We have a hike / ride tonight.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 am

FROST??? Closest we have come to frost so far is about 49 degrees. Supposed to hit 80 or more on Sunday and then be in the 60s for highs next week.

Happy Friday the 13th! :D
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Happy Friday the 13th... :D

We had another frost this morning.

I did a little work in the barn today.. as well as a lot of trail work. We have a group ride here tomorrow at 1:00.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:56 pm

We had a good ride yesterday. We had two people that used to ride here a lot, but haven't been all year.

We were warm again this morning.. near 60.. cloudy.. semi humid.. some wind.. and an occasional light drizzle. It wasn't great barn work weather.. but perfect trail building weather. 8)

We did a little bit of everything.. from building anew.. maintenance.. and scouting. We worked about an hour after lunch.. building and installing another bridge. We have pretty much taken it easy since.

We will be leaving shortly to go out to dinner. A late dinner for my birthday.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Had rain about everyday last week and got a couple days behind at work. So, today we got part way back on track even though it is really still a bit wet for most mowing. It only got to about 62 or so today and was breezy. Should be sunny the rest of the week with gradual warming to mid 70s by weekend.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic