The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:19 am

We have done more work on firewood.. and more trail work.

We have continued on our rides. Saturday was warmish.. and Angela asked for a ride. We ended up with 5 of us going out. Last nights ride was a little cooler. We had 3 riders and 4 hikers. We were down into the 20's and it was quite windy... brrr

We are currently at 12 degrees.

I / we want to head out for more trail work.. but I am not sure I am ready for these temps... :o
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby toypusher » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm

57 degrees here right now. Supposed to be in 50s all week and then only drop to upper 40s for the weekend. I was supposed to work today, but my coworker is sick again. :roll: So, I mowed my lawn for the last time with my mower. Still want to go over it again with the zero-turn from work.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 pm

We are supposed to warm up again.. 40's into 50's. We did head out for trail work this morning.. we get 4.5 hours in. It was a little cool to start.. but not horrible.

Yesterday was an interesting day. It would have been my dad's birthday. My brother had hip replacement surgery. Laurie had an appointment to have stitches removed from an earlier surgery, and I had a root canal... :o
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Saw my orthopedic surgeon today and there will be no surgery for now. just anti-inflammatory meds and exercise. Go back in 4 months if need be.

But, have to go back to back doctor now too. :(
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:35 pm

toypusher wrote:Saw my orthopedic surgeon today and there will be no surgery for now. just anti-inflammatory meds and exercise. Go back in 4 months if need be.

But, have to go back to back doctor now too. :(

Sorry :(

My root canal is finally starting to feel better. {it hurt worst after than it did before.. well right before.. a month or so ago it was pretty tender.

I am beat.. Laurie took the afternoon off.. and we did trail work. I did some mechanized trail work this morning.. trying to save some energy for this afternoons work. In the last week or so we have made some great progress... we have 3 new trails made [one was just a short connector] we also did more clean up.. downed trees etc.

Today we worked on reclaiming a trail we had lost to logging. We had previous done some work towards that goal, but had not touched it at all this year. Interestingly out of the whole thing.. and it's a long trail.. there was only one tree down on it.. and that was right near an entrance.. so I could drive to it.

We are supposed to have some rain over night.. into the morning.. but then the rest of the day is supposed to be good. I will probably take it easier tomorrow. I do have some smaller stumps to remove.. hmm one of the new trails.. and this reclaimed trail.. it is something I will use the sawzall on..

I do need more fuel.. 2 stroke and diesel.. so perhaps I could get that in the morning also.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

I ended up doing more work Friday than I first planned. We were hosting a ride Saturday, and I wanted to get some stuff ready.

We had a couple people for our ride Saturday. John a newer regular.. and Bruce an older regular that hasn't been here much this year.

Hmm part of our recent clean up included an older favorite.. that got damaged by logging years ago. We did finally get it rideable. It's not what it was.. but it was still pretty awesome. John and Bruce both loved it.

We did more work yesterday.. again I was going to take it easy.. :roll: I got the poles for our new bridge set where I wanted them [I previously just got them across the brook] I recessed them in the earth a little also. We had a bit of rock in the area.. so placed some around the ends. We also did some work clearing additional trails to and from the bridge.. hmm actually they are both steep enough that they will be one way. One will be a downhill from the house.. on the other side a steep hill down from Monkey Speedway. We roughed out another nearby loop along the brook.

I am not sure what's up for today....

Not today.. but we need to be thinking about installing our snow tires... and doing a few other getting ready for winter. Toward the end of the week we might be turning more wintery.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Went shooting again today (just went Saturday too) and it was a blast. Had to pressure wash equipment from work this afternoon and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Tomorrow I have to say with my MIL for a couple hours so my BIL can get a haircut and run some errands.

Wednesday we are going to a funeral. One of my wife's customers that we know really well, was run over and killed by his own truck last wee.

No idea what the rest of the week will be though. Weather will be mid 50s and wet tomorrow, then cooler - low 40s and in mid 30s for the weekend with possible snow flurries. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby crttaz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Winter is coming, so I'm making a pot of chili.

No TV or trailer yet, but itching for a road trip!
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

toypusher wrote:Went shooting again today (just went Saturday too) and it was a blast. Had to pressure wash equipment from work this afternoon and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Tomorrow I have to say with my MIL for a couple hours so my BIL can get a haircut and run some errands.

Wednesday we are going to a funeral. One of my wife's customers that we know really well, was run over and killed by his own truck last wee.

No idea what the rest of the week will be though. Weather will be mid 50s and wet tomorrow, then cooler - low 40s and in mid 30s for the weekend with possible snow flurries. :)

Sorry to hear this...
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:00 pm

crttaz wrote:Winter is coming, so I'm making a pot of chili.

I hope it's a big pot.. for if you talk about it here.. you need to share it with Kerry and I... :R
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Laurie was home for the day.. and of course we did more trail work. We were cool with rain headed out way.. so trail work was the easiest outside thing to work on. We did get to work a good part of the day.. it didn't start raining until 2:30.

We did more work on our newest bridge. I have a few more screws to put in.. and some earth work on the ends.

We did work on leveling another nearby bridge... a support log sort of sank into the ground unevenly. We got back out after a late lunch to do a little more work.. We started roughing out another shorter trail.. A spot we have looked at repeatedly over the past few years.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby crttaz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:16 pm

Fenlason wrote:
crttaz wrote:Winter is coming, so I'm making a pot of chili.

I hope it's a big pot.. for if you talk about it here.. you need to share it with Kerry and I... :R

You'd have to drive down to Mass. to get it though, not sure when I'm heading there from Ohio.

crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby Fenlason » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Yum... looks good. :lol:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby crttaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:00 am

That was before cooking on low for 10 hours....I'll have plenty for a while.
crttaz
Teardrop Master

Postby toypusher » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am

Chilli looks great. Wish I had some for dinner tonight! :thumbsup:
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic