The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby toypusher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 am

It's been pretty nice weather wise this week, but today it is back to being muggy and will hit 90 or more. Should be a short day at work though. Been skipping lots of yards due to them being very dry and not growing. Only 4 to mow today, but might have a cleanup job to do also - not sure on that yet.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 am

Actually I only work one day out of the next 11 :o

We are supposed to be pretty showery today through Sunday. :( So no staining.. no plastering. hmmm I am not sure if Laurie is working all day today or not? :thinking: We should be able to work on the staging with showery weather. It's not supposed to be wet all the time. Some of our recent showery days have been pretty good. I think Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be better.

We will be doing some trail work.

As I said I worked last Saturday in our other store.. my first time working with Alan. Then on Tuesday.. he told Dave he's retiring. :o
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Laurie did work all day yesterday. We did do some work when she got home. We got a little done on the staging.. then went out for some trail work.

Then this morning we went back to work on the staging. I got the work area all decked. I wanted to build up some walls around it.. to make it safer.. and more comfortable for me... I wasn't sure how I was going to build it.. so I took a coffee break.. got an idea... ran out to take some measurements then the next thing we knew.. it was finished. :)

We finished just in time for lunch... then headed out for some trail work after. We got a bit of work done today.. although it hurt.. I did a LOT of string trimming.. and that was hard on the body.. I did a lot of swinging side to side.. the knees and lower back didn't like it all that much. It was also very humid.. and we sweat buckets... and lost our drinks somewhere out there... :thinking:

Laurie was too tired to go back out for a ride... but we were able to do a little crank on the bKool.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:12 am

I can relate to the sore body when using a string trimmer. Do it almost everyday and a lot of it some days.

Have to work today and we have some storm cleanup to do at one customers and that most likely will put us behind for the rest of the week with not working tomorrow. :thinking:

Hope everyone has a great Forth of July holiday! :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 am

We have been doing a combo of trail work.. and working on the barn. All this time off.. I keep forgetting what day it is. :roll: 8) Sunday we got house wrap and strapping on the barn wall. hmm I am not sure if that was it. :thinking: Trail work we did some earth work on part of Flying goat... I was beat and was heading back to the house.. and sitting during the drive.. and getting something to drink.. hmm lets go check out... and we build most of another small connector trail. It's about 75 feet. It's a side branch off of Cake. It connects us to what should be a fun section of dual track. I did a lot of work on it a few years ago.. and one end of it remains wet. We don't end up using it all that much.

Jon had asked about a ride.. so we were going to go out with him at 6:00.. then Angela also asked.. she normally would want a faster.. steadier ride that we were going to have with Jon. Jon's just getting back into riding.. and hasn't seen the majority of our trails, Angela has had a busy schedule.. was away a week.. no riding and not much sleep.. so an easier ride was fine with her.

Yesterday.. we cleaned up the Spidey's Wild Ride area.. it required a LOT of string trimming. The a pass with the blower. We were doing our initial spring clean up, and doing it in July also meant there was a bit of vegetation to address. I also got the majority of our board siding done on this part of the barn. With each board a different length.. it was a little slower. I ended up putting the boards up temporarily.. to make it easier to get the size correct. I will then take them back down to stain the edges etc. Although I decided yesterday.. to stain the exposed face.. while they are up. Let it dry.. then take them down to do the edges and top and bottom.

Happy 4th of July... :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Yes, hope you have had a happy 4th of July day. We mostly just vegged out at home.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:08 pm

I was going to work on the barn first thing.. but it would have been in the hot sun.. and a little later in the day.. it's shady.. so I waited.. any excuse to do trail work. :roll: We roughed out a new trail through a "swamp" :o

We had lunch.. and I was getting ready to head out for some barn work..and it was raining.. :rainy: :NC :crying2:

It passed fairly quickly.. and I did get the rest of the boards up.. but didn't stain it.

We then headed out to Lee's camp.. for a cook out and fireworks... we are just back now.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:27 am

Rain here this morning. Should let up to scattered showers in a bit, but not sure if we will do any mowing or not today. So, i will go to the grocery store sometime today and do some house cleaning too I think.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:47 am

We had nice weather yesterday.. but have a couple of rainy days coming. I had my MRI yesterday.. I am rather claustrophobic.. I had a couple hard moments.. but overall not too bad. I was there rather too early. I am guessing when we talked on the phone.. they said the appointment was for 1:00.. and I was supposed to be there for 12:00 for paper work etc. Well I wrote down the 12:00.. and couldn't remember... so I though I should get there early.. So I was there before 11:30.. and they couldn't get me in until after 1:00 :NC :roll:

I was wondering when I would hear.. and was surprised with a call from the Dr. last night at 6:00. He said my neck is pretty messed up. It was described as moderately severe.. [which is weird sounding] He is talking to a neurosurgeon in Bangor.. He's talking with him again today.. and will call me. He told me no heavy lifting.. and NO falling.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:23 am

Sounds familiar, except of course it was my low back and not the neck. Although I do have some problems with my neck also, just really mild at this point. Hope you can have it fixed and have a fast recovery. That will be the hard part I think - not being able to do much or anything during recovery.

Due to the holiday and then rain all day Thursday, we have to work today. Start at nine and hoping to be done by 2 or 3 - maybe earlier. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:50 am

My Doctor called me back.. I will have an appointment with the neurosurgeon next Friday.

We had better weather yesterday than expected. The morning forecast gave me hope.. so I did some staining. I got a bit done. Today's weather might also be considerably better than they were saying... so I am not sure what we are doing. I was thinking of some trail work.. in the showery weather.. but maybe some barn work?

We do have dinner out tonight with our munchies group. We are going to Alden Camps.. it's my favorite place that we go. It's a summer camp for families and such.. they have cabins.. but a big old farmhouse looking building for their meals. They do take a few reservations for non campers.. they have a place on the covered porch.. for us. The food is good.. as is the atmosphere. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

We did have a good dinner out Saturday. We did also get some trail work done. It did start looking nasty [weather wise] It was dark.. and was thundering. It was to the north of us a little.. but I couldn't tell which way it was going. I was thinking of heading back.. Laurie wanted to do more... well we got dumped on. Using the string trimmer.. [and with hearing protection form my hardhat] It was harder to keep tabs on things. At one point it got REAL dark... but I was under pretty thick tree cover. Shortly after there was a flash of lighting, follow pretty closely a loud clap of thunder.. then it started raining... Not that heavy yet.. but we headed back to the RTV.. running.. All too quickly it was pouring [and it was cold]. We got soaked.. and gave up on the running.

At some point Sunday.. we did do more trail work.. although I didn't get any pleasure out of it this time. :NC :cry: My mind was elsewhere.. and there's a good chance the string trimming etc. that we did.. was for nothing.. We really should have been working on the barn.

Sunday we did do some barn work. We were getting set up to put the boards back up on that second story wall.. and darn.. I still need to put on the flashing first [which we didn't have yet] We went onto some other barn work.. and did some lawn mowing. We also did a bKool ride.

I am working on the barn today.. My metal was in.. so I have picked that up...as well as more boards.

For some reason.. we have struggled to get people to ride here. Someone I have been trying to get here since last fall.. finally asked today.. now that I can't ride. :x
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:19 am

I never heard from the Neurologist office yesterday.. :x

Jamie did show up.. and ride last night. Jon was back.. and he brought his partner Hillary. I did go out with them also.

I go back to work today. I did make fairly good process on the barn yesterday. Where I was working yesterday.. was on ground level.. so it was easier not climbing up and down a ladder for each board. Once again having to stain the edges and such.. slows things down a little.

It sounds like Laurie will take tomorrow afternoon off so we can work on that second story wall. I could use her help in putting that flashing on. Of course it will save me running up and down the ladder retreiving boards. At least for there.. all the boards are cut to size and pre-stained.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:57 am

Well so much for work today... :NC I can't work without the note from my Doctor. When he said it could wait until my Friday appointment.. I didn't know that meant I can't work until after that. He told me that Thursday.. I could have gotten a note from my PCP by now.

We called.. and of course it takes a little while.. Laurie had it emailed to her.. and she just got it. I am not bothering to go in now.. I will just wait until my next scheduled day. [Thursday]

Laurie called my doctor about not hearing from the other doctor.. and they said they didn't get the paper work themselves.. until later yesterday..

They called me this morning and left a message. I just called them and have an appointment Friday at 3:15.

I did do some errands this morning while waiting for my note.

I will skip the ride tonight.. I am not feeling all that up for a 35 mile hammerfest.

I will do something for a bkool ride.. while Laurie is on the other ride.

We are pretty humid today.. I was going to work on the barn.. but it's right in the sun at the moment.. I might wait. :roll:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:07 am

Started getting hot yesterday and will be hot and what the weather person calls 'oppressive' for humidity today and tomorrow. I know that just riding the zero turn yesterday, I was sweating. Today is not going to be fun at work for sure.

Will be sleeping on new mattress tonight and hope i can finally get a decent night of rest.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic