anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby slowcowboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 pm

gerry your living in the dark ages man! I know people that have been credibly looking for work for 4 years or bettor man!

I am not trying to sell a house. but I am trying to sell a 1993 ford F-150 pickup truck. I need the dough for a little hunk of metal for the finger of the girl I am marrying!

I dont' know on houses but houses are a dime a dozen. its the farm land that is all sold up and bought up. you can't hardly find a hunk of farm land any where to buy now.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
User avatar
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club
 
Posts: 6884
Images: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am
Location: pavillion, wyoming.

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby eamarquardt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Here in parts of So. Cal. it is now a seller's market. Very few houses listed for sale. Investors are snapping them up. Multiple offers within days of going on the market and some offers are for more than the listing price.

I looked at a very modest 1500 square foot house on about a 6000 square foot lot. Everything was dated and needed replacing both inside and outside (all hardscape and softscape was junk). It was listed for $399K and the listing said that they'd be opening the offers on a specific date and would accept the highest offer. They were expecting to be inundated with offers. We looked at it the second day it was on the market and while we were there, 4 prospects drove by to check it out.

I guess it depends upon where you live. The market is recovering to some extent in some places.

Good luck.

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
User avatar
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 3179
Images: 150
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Simi Valley, State of Euphoria (Ca)

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 am

eamarquardt wrote:Here in parts of So. Cal. it is now a seller's market. Very few houses listed for sale. Investors are snapping them up. Multiple offers within days of going on the market and some offers are for more than the listing price.

I looked at a very modest 1500 square foot house on about a 6000 square foot lot. Everything was dated and needed replacing both inside and outside (all hardscape and softscape was junk). It was listed for $399K and the listing said that they'd be opening the offers on a specific date and would accept the highest offer. They were expecting to be inundated with offers. We looked at it the second day it was on the market and while we were there, 4 prospects drove by to check it out.

I guess it depends upon where you live. The market is recovering to some extent in some places.

Good luck.

Gus


It seems that the markets always recover from a recession first in So. Cal. When things get going down there, it can be a good sign for the rest of the nation. Lets hope that everything continues to recover.
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8056
Images: 488
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 am

I don't think nothing is really going to get us back on our feet till jobs come back. sad to say it.

out here in wyoming people are begging people to buy houses. there thousands of houses for sale on the market and nothing is really moving. some parts of woming the prices are staying up others are down.

commerical buildings on about every main street in wyoming's towns are all over for sale.

the only thing coming strong and that is in high demand is agriculture land. becuase of high cow and grain and hay prices.

farming is about the only thing left in america that is a booming bussness.

investors are flocking to farm land out here and we got adds from people in the local papers offering up to 3 thousand dollars rewards if you can give them the names or the information to a rent concrat on a large farm or ranch.

theres nothing left on the market and what is is so high in cost per acer you could never pay for it.

but on the city houses and the normal houses on a acreage in the country they are a lot of them still in forcloser and lot of abandon houses sitting empty yet.

you got developers begging folks to buy houses and you got people all over begging folks to owner finance with them.

trouble is they all want like a down payment of 20 percent and no one has the cash to put any thing down.

theres absulutyly NO houses being built in wyoming and even outside of lusk is a unfinshed large big time house 3 bay grage and its not been finshed in 3 years or bettor.

nothing here in my part of wyoming is doing anything on on constuctuion not even on commerical buildings in towns.

only one project in riverton at the college. and nothing in lander.

so any ecomey coming back sure is a joke out here.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
User avatar
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club
 
Posts: 6884
Images: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am
Location: pavillion, wyoming.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:48 am

While things are not all Milk and Honey here. We are doing ok. While I am sure there are plenty out of work, I can't say, I personally know anyone that is unemployed. We do have new construction going on. We passed a few houses being build yesterday on our bike ride. We have a new hospital being build nearby. We even had a local recreation area put in snow making equipment for their cross country skis trails. I know those in the snowmobile business are hurting [some places closing] but that is mostly due to our lack of snow for the past few years.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey
 
Posts: 75657
Images: 221
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: Winslow Me.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 am

the problem I see here with the mini housing boom in so cal is the investors. they are not likly to be buying any of these houses on a loan from the bank. most likly they are buying them with cash.

china came in a bought up a lot of houses in 2010 in detrote michigan. I can't see investors buying every single one of the gluted houses on the markets in every state.

I really don't think this is going to last long and will be another buble.

really you there no way around it. you need people from american working on jobs that pay 20 to 30 grand a year on a approved bank loan to fix the housing market in every state of the union.

and I don't see that happening for 4 years or bettor.

the frank dodd act shuts down a ordanry man from getting approved for any kind of a bank loan.

most job openings now days are at mac ds and they won't approve you to buy a house on a mac ds jobs.

we got lots of investors trying to buy up farms and ranches right now and like so cals houses they are paying way more than the property or house is worth.

what comes up will come down.

if the rest of the ecomey doesnt' follow or the so cal investors are not citizens of america.

then it wont' last long when all the houses in so cal are snacthced up and the rest of the nation's housing languishes in collaspe.

and if the money is coming form overseas and staying over seas. its going to re- collaspe.

right now with taxes going up every day I dont' see any american citisens really rushing to invest hard earned cash or any rich americans rushing to invest in so cal houses.

I think this so call housing boom is just more of the same crap thats been going on the last 4 years and is like detrot michagain its just another false alarm.

sad!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
User avatar
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club
 
Posts: 6884
Images: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am
Location: pavillion, wyoming.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby rowerwet » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 am

the area my house is in has many houses for sale, I just got lucky, the woman buying it grew up two houses over and has family just down the road, otherwise I don't think she would be buying mine. The only houses moving in my area are the foreclosed/short-sales, unless you're in the large land/super nice house market.
I don't put much stock in the investors, they also keep buying stock and ignoring the big issues facing our economy. The fact that we have about as much debt as our yearly gross domestic product (the amount of money our whole economy is worth), the average citizen has seen a 40% drop in their total worth, total un/under-employment is still in the high teens (not the monkeyed with number that only counts those who can collect unemployment checks, and sometimes skips reporting certain states). If our credit is downgraded this year as most expect our national debt credit amount goes up from 1% and the amount of the US taxes just going to paying the interest is high. There is no way to escape the spiral at this point, just look at all the yelling and screaming about a 3% cut to spending. considering we are borrowing 40% of the money we spend each year we are doomed, maybe not this year though, so the investors keep shuffling the titanic deck chairs a little longer.
You've got to remember wild investors, aided by insane government/banking regulations, ran up the housing bubble that caused the last big crash. (and many more before that) Just 'cause they have or can borrow money doesn't mean they know anything! Plenty of them lost their shirt and credit last time (stupidly bailed out by the tax payers in many cases) "A fool and his money are soon parted", unfortunately, now they just run to DC (bigger collection of fools) and get out of the problem...
User avatar
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 2050
Images: 521
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Merrimack River Valley
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby eamarquardt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

rowerwet wrote:the area my house is in has many houses for sale, I just got lucky, the woman buying it grew up two houses over and has family just down the road, otherwise I don't think she would be buying mine. The only houses moving in my area are the foreclosed/short-sales, unless you're in the large land/super nice house market.
I don't put much stock in the investors, they also keep buying stock and ignoring the big issues facing our economy. The fact that we have about as much debt as our yearly gross domestic product (the amount of money our whole economy is worth), the average citizen has seen a 40% drop in their total worth, total un/under-employment is still in the high teens (not the monkeyed with number that only counts those who can collect unemployment checks, and sometimes skips reporting certain states). If our credit is downgraded this year as most expect our national debt credit amount goes up from 1% and the amount of the US taxes just going to paying the interest is high. There is no way to escape the spiral at this point, just look at all the yelling and screaming about a 3% cut to spending. considering we are borrowing 40% of the money we spend each year we are doomed, maybe not this year though, so the investors keep shuffling the titanic deck chairs a little longer.
You've got to remember wild investors, aided by insane government/banking regulations, ran up the housing bubble that caused the last big crash. (and many more before that) Just 'cause they have or can borrow money doesn't mean they know anything! Plenty of them lost their shirt and credit last time (stupidly bailed out by the tax payers in many cases) "A fool and his money are soon parted", unfortunately, now they just run to DC (bigger collection of fools) and get out of the problem...


The only thing I've ever gotten from the "bailout/stimulus" programs is some cheap parts for my van. Someone "cash for clunkers" a van just like mine. I got the ABS unit and some upholstery that I needed for a good price. The only folks that benefit, IMHO, from the government bailouts are the ones that have spent money they don't have (just like our legislators are doing).

A house is not an investment that you cash in on. You don't refinance for a new car, vacation, or whatever. You shop and find a house that you can afford and make the payments as agreed. Eventually you'll own the house. If you pull out your equity, you are gambling and the "house" usually win's not the gambler. $hit sometimes happens and one can't make the payments as agreed. That's just the way life works sometimes. You gotta "deal with it", pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and start over. When I once was unemployed, we rented out our house and rented at townhome for less. The only difference my being unemployed meant, because of our austerity measures, was how much we put into our savings account each month. Granted we were lucky and my wife worked.

Things will eventually get better but they will get better sooner for those that go with the flow, adapt to the new realities, and evolve with the times.

More "World According to Gus".

Gus
The opinions in this post are my own. My comments are directed to those that might like an alternative approach to those already espoused.There is the right way,the wrong way,the USMC way, your way, my way, and the highway.
"I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu-"The Day the Earth Stood Still"
"You can't handle the truth!"-Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men"
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem"-Ronald Reagan
User avatar
eamarquardt
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 3179
Images: 150
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Simi Valley, State of Euphoria (Ca)
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby Fenlason » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am

eamarquardt wrote:
rowerwet wrote:the area my house is in has many houses for sale, I just got lucky, the woman buying it grew up two houses over and has family just down the road, otherwise I don't think she would be buying mine. The only houses moving in my area are the foreclosed/short-sales, unless you're in the large land/super nice house market.
I don't put much stock in the investors, they also keep buying stock and ignoring the big issues facing our economy. The fact that we have about as much debt as our yearly gross domestic product (the amount of money our whole economy is worth), the average citizen has seen a 40% drop in their total worth, total un/under-employment is still in the high teens (not the monkeyed with number that only counts those who can collect unemployment checks, and sometimes skips reporting certain states). If our credit is downgraded this year as most expect our national debt credit amount goes up from 1% and the amount of the US taxes just going to paying the interest is high. There is no way to escape the spiral at this point, just look at all the yelling and screaming about a 3% cut to spending. considering we are borrowing 40% of the money we spend each year we are doomed, maybe not this year though, so the investors keep shuffling the titanic deck chairs a little longer.
You've got to remember wild investors, aided by insane government/banking regulations, ran up the housing bubble that caused the last big crash. (and many more before that) Just 'cause they have or can borrow money doesn't mean they know anything! Plenty of them lost their shirt and credit last time (stupidly bailed out by the tax payers in many cases) "A fool and his money are soon parted", unfortunately, now they just run to DC (bigger collection of fools) and get out of the problem...


The only thing I've ever gotten from the "bailout/stimulus" programs is some cheap parts for my van. Someone "cash for clunkers" a van just like mine. I got the ABS unit and some upholstery that I needed for a good price. The only folks that benefit, IMHO, from the government bailouts are the ones that have spent money they don't have (just like our legislators are doing).

A house is not an investment that you cash in on. You don't refinance for a new car, vacation, or whatever. You shop and find a house that you can afford and make the payments as agreed. Eventually you'll own the house. If you pull out your equity, you are gambling and the "house" usually win's not the gambler. $hit sometimes happens and one can't make the payments as agreed. That's just the way life works sometimes. You gotta "deal with it", pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and start over. When I once was unemployed, we rented out our house and rented at townhome for less. The only difference my being unemployed meant, because of our austerity measures, was how much we put into our savings account each month. Granted we were lucky and my wife worked.

Things will eventually get better but they will get better sooner for those that go with the flow, adapt to the new realities, and evolve with the times.

More "World According to Gus".

Gus


:thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey
 
Posts: 75657
Images: 221
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: Winslow Me.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

Fenlason wrote:
eamarquardt wrote:
rowerwet wrote:the area my house is in has many houses for sale, I just got lucky, the woman buying it grew up two houses over and has family just down the road, otherwise I don't think she would be buying mine. The only houses moving in my area are the foreclosed/short-sales, unless you're in the large land/super nice house market.
I don't put much stock in the investors, they also keep buying stock and ignoring the big issues facing our economy. The fact that we have about as much debt as our yearly gross domestic product (the amount of money our whole economy is worth), the average citizen has seen a 40% drop in their total worth, total un/under-employment is still in the high teens (not the monkeyed with number that only counts those who can collect unemployment checks, and sometimes skips reporting certain states). If our credit is downgraded this year as most expect our national debt credit amount goes up from 1% and the amount of the US taxes just going to paying the interest is high. There is no way to escape the spiral at this point, just look at all the yelling and screaming about a 3% cut to spending. considering we are borrowing 40% of the money we spend each year we are doomed, maybe not this year though, so the investors keep shuffling the titanic deck chairs a little longer.
You've got to remember wild investors, aided by insane government/banking regulations, ran up the housing bubble that caused the last big crash. (and many more before that) Just 'cause they have or can borrow money doesn't mean they know anything! Plenty of them lost their shirt and credit last time (stupidly bailed out by the tax payers in many cases) "A fool and his money are soon parted", unfortunately, now they just run to DC (bigger collection of fools) and get out of the problem...


The only thing I've ever gotten from the "bailout/stimulus" programs is some cheap parts for my van. Someone "cash for clunkers" a van just like mine. I got the ABS unit and some upholstery that I needed for a good price. The only folks that benefit, IMHO, from the government bailouts are the ones that have spent money they don't have (just like our legislators are doing).

A house is not an investment that you cash in on. You don't refinance for a new car, vacation, or whatever. You shop and find a house that you can afford and make the payments as agreed. Eventually you'll own the house. If you pull out your equity, you are gambling and the "house" usually win's not the gambler. $hit sometimes happens and one can't make the payments as agreed. That's just the way life works sometimes. You gotta "deal with it", pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and start over. When I once was unemployed, we rented out our house and rented at townhome for less. The only difference my being unemployed meant, because of our austerity measures, was how much we put into our savings account each month. Granted we were lucky and my wife worked.

Things will eventually get better but they will get better sooner for those that go with the flow, adapt to the new realities, and evolve with the times.

More "World According to Gus".

Gus


:thumbsup:


+1 .....Up here, in No. Cal, I was surprised to see three new houses being built about 1 mile from me. Let's hope the economy continues to get better.
User avatar
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member
 
Posts: 8056
Images: 488
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 am
Location: No. California
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:45 pm

well. its going to take a miricale now to even see a bright spot in this hole mess. the only improvement I see is more goverment jobs. yuck!

maybee I bettor give ohma my application and resume. might be able to fix my employment situation faster than what I am doing! double yuck.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
User avatar
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club
 
Posts: 6884
Images: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am
Location: pavillion, wyoming.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Slow,
Yes sometimes having to move is the best we can do to make life work for us.
And I've found that change can be good.
So good luck and try to enjoy this crazy ride we call life. :thumbsup:
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
My YouTube Channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/TheVisionsbydarrah
User avatar
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 pm
Location: Wichita,Ks.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm

I can't move 14 dollars wont even get me into riverton 24 miles away!!!!!!!!!!!

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
User avatar
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club
 
Posts: 6884
Images: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am
Location: pavillion, wyoming.
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby rowerwet » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:02 pm

well it finally sold, the night before the closing, we got a form from the state of ME, giving us the chance to prove they didn't get to keep a couple percent of the sale :shock: called my sister the CPA, we had no gain on the house and it was our primary residence for at least two of the last five years :thumbsup:
of course they still held the money for a few days until somebody approved it. made me feel like the suckers who get excited about a tax return... :lol:
now to stock up on precious metals, lead and copper :NC
Last edited by rowerwet on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 2050
Images: 521
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 am
Location: Merrimack River Valley
Top

Re: anybody else here trying to sell a house?

Postby Fenlason » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

rowerwet wrote:well it finally sold, the night before the closing, we got a form from the state of ME, giving us the chance to prove they didn't get to keep a couple percent of the sale :shock: called my sister the CPA, we had no gain on the house and it was our primary residence for at least two of the last five years :thumbsup:
of course they still held the money for a few days until somebody approved it. made me feel like the suckers who get excited about a tax return... :lol:
now to stock up on precious metals before the gun grabbers take them all away :NC



congratulations.. :thumbsup:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey
 
Posts: 75657
Images: 221
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: Winslow Me.
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest