What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE normally twice per month

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: What Next?

Postby Jim Edgerly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 am

Slow, it's a 10 shot magazine actually. We shoot slow (10 shots in 10 minutes), timed (5 shots in 20 seconds - twice), and rapid (5 shots in 10 seconds - twice) all one handed - for a total of 30 shots, then total up the score. "Perfect" is 300 points, then we go down from there. I'm fortunate enough to shoot with one of the top shooters in the state, plus one of the legends from the sport, Babe Magnan, who in 1983 was the national champ. It's a fun sport.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:56 am

RD,

Thank you for your purchase. Your $2.99 investment adds another $2.00 donation to the American Cancer Society. I really hope you enjoy the book and I look forward to your review. Every positive review I get on Amazon.com, or Barnes & Noble for the NOOK, just adds fuel that people are willing to give it a shot. Thanks again.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What Next? - Book Sales Up

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:36 am

I've sold 5 more books in the last 6 days...probably to some people who are reading this. I thank you for the positive response and I hope I can read a positive review on Amazon/B&N after you have read it. The hardest part of selling a book is letting people know what you have and where to find it (aka marketing). And also, the American Cancer Society thanks you for your purchase. $2.03 of your $2.99 purchase price goes directly to the American Cancer Society!
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What Next?- Book Sales Up

Postby Roo Dog » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 pm

Jim,

Started reading your book last night. I was part way through the Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat and was a bit slower finishing that than I expected.
Good to hear you are selling some books. It must make you feel good and that all that effort is getting some recognition.
I shall report back when I finish your book.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Roo Dog » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Jim,

Finished the book.

A good read, enjoyed it. You should write some more.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks RD... so far everybody that has read it has enjoyed it and said it was well worth the price paid. Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 am

We are on Subaru #14 and from personnel experience add a transmission cooler.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Mon May 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:We are on Subaru #14 and from personnel experience add a transmission cooler.

Thanks for the advice...it came UPS today.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

What's Next-SPLINTERD DOORS lent free to Amazon Prime Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri May 31, 2013 10:06 am

I have joined the Kindle Select Program on Amazon.com and anybody that is an Amazon Prime member may borrow my book for free...no charge...as long as you are an Amazon Prime member. So have at it guys. SPLINTERED DOORS, only available on Amazon.com for the Kindle. Of course if you are not a Prime member it can still be purchased for $2.99.

Last edited by Jim Edgerly on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERD DOORS lent free to Amazon Prime Me

Postby nevadatear » Fri May 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Ordered and read it a few weeks ago. Enjoyed!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm

nevadatear wrote:Ordered and read it a few weeks ago. Enjoyed!

Debbie/Randy,

Would you mind writing a quick review for Amazon...doesn't have to be very long? These books live, and unfortunately die, by their reviews, or lack there of. I only have 3 reviews so far (2-5's and a 4) out of the 40 or so copies sold and would love to have another one, especially where you enjoyed it ;) People are afraid to try something unknown, but if they know others have enjoyed it they are more willing to give it a shot.

thanks for the consideration, one way or the other, Jim

PS: Can't tell you how many times I've come across your posts and admired your galley every time I see it!
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby nevadatear » Fri May 31, 2013 4:54 pm

Tried to after i read it, but my kindle wouldn't let me. Forgot later. Will try to do it on my ipad soon.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERD DOORS for free on 7/14, 7/20, 7/28

Postby Jim Edgerly » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:38 am

Well I tried a special promotion on Amazon.com this last weekend for my ebook SPLINTERED DOORS. As part of the Kindle Select program I am allowed to offer the ebook for free on 5 days out of any 90 day period to promote my ebook, and I'm hoping for some more reviews from those promotion copies given away. I tried it this last weekend and I gave away 830 ebooks worldwide from Sat AM to Sun PM, 770 of them in the US. I am promoting my ebook for free again on 7/14/13, 7/20/13, and 7/28/13. Anybody that wants a free copy of my ebook can log onto Amazon.com, call up SPLINTERED DOORS on any of those 3 dates and download it for free. I've already made the significant time investment, now I just want to tell my story. If you download it I hope you will enjoy it and write a quick review.

This ebook is available only on the Kindle. Happy reading.

Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Vindi_andy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 am

Jim Edgerly wrote:Sharon... some people think the purpose of a gun is to kill. It's real purpose is to take a projectile and move it from point "A" to point "B". .....
.. Guns are not for everybody, and anybody that has one has to respect the awesome deadly power they are capable of, even a 22, and take the utmost care that they do not fall into the hands of somebody who may misuse that power...the "ugly side" as you put it. Have a nice day.

Well said Jim.

I used to shoot smallbore rifle .22 rimfire and again the was target shooting. Expensive paper punching as we used to call it. I now have a CO2 target pistol but that can still kill if it hits the right place. Had a blazing row with the wife about it because we have young kids. My attitude is to teach them to respect it and teach them early and teach them often, and it works.

One thing we always said is "guns dont kill people, people kill people." I missed out on several competitive shooting disciplines for which I showed an aptitude, rifle never was my thing, because of incidents that took place over here and the Government of the time rushed Knee jerk legilation through.

Sorry for the Hijack. Look forward to reading your book and will leave a review when I have.

Good luck with keeping busy and active.
Boys never grow in to men the toys just get more expensive and more dangerous

How true :)
Vindi_andy
Teardrop Master

Re: What's Next-SPLINTERD DOORS for free on 11/21/13 & 11/26

Postby Jim Edgerly » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:39 am

I've decided that I was spacing my promotion give away days too close together to give away the maximum number of free ebooks so I have rescheduled my promotion days to today, 7/14, and the following two days so I can give away as many free ebooks as possible...8/3 and 8/17. I hope people will take advantage of a free ebook, and possibly leave a review if you enjoyed reading it. Good reading, and thanks, Jim
Last edited by Jim Edgerly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic