What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE normally twice per month

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

What's Next-SPLINTERED DOORS, FREE normally twice per month

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:20 am

What to do next?

My teardrop is completed as far as I can see, with my final project being the battery cage. I purchased a 2013 Subaru Forester (upgraded from a 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport) to tow my camper. Have only purchased gas twice for it so far. Already have a 4 week camping trip booked for the summer. The dog will love it the entire time, but will also like getting back to his couch when we are done.

I finally published my ebook SPLINTERED DOORS on Amazon.com for Kindle. Just lowered the price from $3.99 to $2.99 yesterday to try to increase sales and get reviews. Ebooks live, and unfortunately die, by their reviews or lack there of. I've only sold 16 copies so far, but I guess that's better than none. This ebook is no longer available on the NOOK (update 7/8/13).

I accidentally sold four 16"x20" pictures to the Simonds-Sinon Regional Cancer Center in Fitchburg MA where my wife was being treated for breast cancer last summer. They asked my wife and I to be patient representatives on a beautification project for the cancer center, and I thought I was donating the rights for them to use some of my pictures in their main waiting rooms. Received a check for $320 in the mail a couple of months later as a "thank you" for letting them make copies for the center. I did not want to insult them by returning their "thank you"...so I put it in the bank.

I took up bullseye shooting this last year and now shoot competitively in a league. Basics are easy, aim...squeeze...shoot. They say it takes years to master the psychological side of the game.

So, camper, book, photography, competitive shooting...any suggestions as to what to do next to express my creative side? I can't remember a time in my life that I did not have at least one project going.
Last edited by Jim Edgerly on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:16 am, edited 21 times in total.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
***If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Re: What Next?

Postby Dean in Ct. » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Moonshine!
Dean in Ct.
Teardrop Master

Postby TPMcGinty » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm in for $1.99! Maybe you can sign it for me if we ever camp together. Oops! I forgot it's on my Kindle! :lol:
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Jim, you're a perfect example of how to live after "work"! Thanks for being a role model in all you do. :thumbsup: :applause:

Beautiful pictures and a lovely wife, too. ;)
Can't say much for the gun except that it has its ugly side but works well doing what it's supposed to do. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Nice job on the teardrop, and the pictures. Now you will start to think about trailer number 2. Don't fight it, just let it happen......
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Sharon... some people think the purpose of a gun is to kill. It's real purpose is to take a projectile and move it from point "A" to point "B". In my case it is a 22 caliber rimfire target pistol, point A being my gun and point B being a paper bullseye target 50 feet away...and my gun does that quite nicely. It is not used to kill anything other than maybe a tree used to make the targets. I may not hunt now, but did in my younger years many many moons ago, so I understand hunters. And I am totally aware of why you may think how you do, and I can totally respect that. Guns are not for everybody, and anybody that has one has to respect the awesome deadly power they are capable of, even a 22, and take the utmost care that they do not fall into the hands of somebody who may misuse that power...the "ugly side" as you put it. Have a nice day.
*When doing anything, if there exists no possibility of failure, then any feeling of success is diminished.
**The glass is neither half full nor half empty...it is simply twice as big as it needs to be.
****When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 am

Moonshine and camper #2...is that all there is in my future?
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Fenlason » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:20 am

Jim Edgerly wrote:Moonshine and camper #2...is that all there is in my future?

You can come help me build trails :thinking:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Roo Dog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:47 am

Jim,

Splintered Doors showing $6.99 in Oz on Kindle.
Just downloaded the sample, I will have a read tonight.
I doubt you will have any trouble finding something new to occupy your time.
I should be writing myself right now instead of yakking on the Forum.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 am

RD, Do not even consider purchasing at that price!!! Amazon.com is doing all kinds of screwy things with the pricing. The price should be $2.99, and there is another request in to have it corrected...do not purchase at any higher because it will eventually get down to that. In the US it is currently listed as $1.99 instead of the $2.99...trying for the last week to get all the pricing issues corrected. Amazon is a nice place for independent publishing, but there sure are a lot of frustrations that goes with it. Up until this point I was having more problems with Barnes&Noble for the NOOK...but Amazon has recently taken first place for difficult to work with.
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby Jim Edgerly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am

RD

Could you please recheck the price for me. It appears that it may be corrected everywhere, except the US Kindle Price. I don't really have access to confirm anyplace other than the US price.

thanks, Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby TPMcGinty » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Jim Edgerly wrote:RD

Could you please recheck the price for me. It appears that it may be corrected everywhere, except the US Kindle Price. I don't really have access to confirm anyplace other than the US price.

thanks, Jim

It is $1.99 on Kindle. The reason I know is I got to be the first to leave a review of your book on Amazon! :)
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Postby Jim Edgerly » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Tim,

I just checked it on Kindle and it is finally back to $2.99 where it belongs. I also read your 5 star review and want to say thank you for your kind words. I'm always pleased when others enjoy my efforts. Jim
Jim Edgerly
The 300 Club

Postby jstrubberg » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Well, when you run out of challenges, and you get tired of hitting yourself in the head with a hammer...

there's always golf. The single most challenging, frustrating physical endeavor I have ever attempted.
The more stuff I take along, the more time I spend taking care of my stuff!
jstrubberg
500 Club

Postby Roo Dog » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Jim,

I read the sample last night and the book price was still $6.99 when I turned out the light.
It is now $2.99 at approx 0700 this morning. The buy button has been pressed.
Give me a day or three to read the book as my reading is confined to just before closing the peepers for the day.
The sample certainly read well.

Take it easy.

RD
Lets do a three sixty and get out of here !
Roo Dog
Silver Donating Member

Next

Return to Off Topic