What happened to Ira's post on Wilma II???

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Ross Wade » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:19 am

Just talked to Woody by cell and all HELL did break loose. The eye of Hurricane Wilma passed directly over his house. They are without power, water,etc and will be for up to 3-4 weeks. He is diggig and cutting his way out right now. Woody, Ellen and thier family are alright and that is the main thing. Material possessions can be replaced.

As soon as we hear more, we will keep you up to date. Unfortunately, no news about Ira. I hope that he and his family are okay.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby cracker39 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:25 am

As wide as the eye was, I was pretty sure that it passed over or close to Ira's house as well. I'm not sure what part of west Broward county he is in, but the eye probably covered nearly all of that county. He, being further out in a rural area, may have power out for quite a while.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:39 pm

cracker39 wrote:As wide as the eye was, I was pretty sure that it passed over or close to Ira's house as well. I'm not sure what part of west Broward county he is in, but the eye probably covered nearly all of that county. He, being further out in a rural area, may have power out for quite a while.
That little turkey better be alright, who am I going to pick on in the future? :lol: All joking aside, I do hope he and the family are safe and sound. Believe it or not I'm hopping for the best for all that was in the path this last weekend.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TomS » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:12 pm

Wilma is wreaking havoc on me and I don't even live in Florida!

The eye passed right over Collier-Seminole State Park, the destination for our maiden voyage in less than two weeks. According to the park's web site:

"Park and Campground closed:
Due to the results of Hurricane Wilma, this park and the campground are currently closed.

The park and campground will reopen when conditions improve - please periodically check the status"

Wilma knocked out the hosting center for my web site. My Email account is there also, so that's not working either.

If that wasn't enough, the remnants of Wilma are feeding a huge Northeaster that's currently pounding New England and is threatens to blow away the car-port that shelters my tear.

WILMA SUCKS :thumbdown:
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TonyCooper » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:13 pm

A friend of mine on Boca Raton managed to get word to me.... told me the worst for them ocurred after the eye past them... here is a partial quote from him...

"Just to give everyone an update. Wilma started coming through during Monday around 3am. The front of the eye wall started around 7 am - winds up to 100 miles per hour. My power went out at 8am and is still not up - saying prayers that it comes up tomorrow. About 10 am we were in the eye and I went out along with my neighbors to inspect the damage. My house had done pretty well ( I have hurricane shutters) but some of my neighbors didn't fare so well. 1 had picture window in front out (lots of stuff got blown in), couple had their complete screen enclosures down and blown away but all considered it wasn't that bad and they told us that the back of the eye wall should be less intense. Well the back was worse. The front of the eye went out into the warm waters of the gulf and strengthened. Damage and severity of back was much worse. Every tree in my yard has been stripped of leaves and most branches. I have lost a few shingles on the crown of my roof and a falling branch took out my gutter system. My neighbor has a generator and he offered me a power cable to my refrigerator and a light."

Considering all that could have happened... this is good news!
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Postby Grandadeo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Well we survived the hurricane in Jensen Beach. We got the very north edge of the eye but it was short. Just enough time to get the dog out for a potty break. No power for who knows how long. Got my generator fired up after the worst was passed and was going to post an update. But my darn land line phone is out to so no DSL hookup for the computer. Moderate damage in my area of north Martin County. But the bulk of the east coast damage is south of me through Palm Beach County and down to Broward County where Woody and Ira are. Haven't been able to contact my brother again who lost his 6th floor condo outside bedroom wall. Last year we had most of the damage up this way. I guess it was their turn down south this year. Three eyes for me in 14 months is a but overdoing it I think. Not a lot of damage for me, although I did think the one wall on my add on enclosed Florida Room was going to go. It was buckling a bit, like it was breathing in and out during the back side of the storm - which was the worst side of this one. Very unusual. Got a nice crack across my living room ceiling from the roof flexing. And have a few tree limbs down. I did gain one section of wood fence and a small inflatable swimming pool from neighbors' yards into mine. The generator lets me power up the frige, TV, and a few lights but I have to rig up a pigtail to power up my well pump so we can have water. Have gas water heat and gas stove so with the pump going we'll be in good shape compared to most. Happy to say no damage to my garage or its contents. The '32 Roadster and the '53 Plymouth are fine. Got to get to the bodyshop tomorrow and check on the '48 Panel. Well enough rambling, I'm at work so I have access to the internet and I guess I better go earn my keep.

Lee
Happy Motoring!
Grandadeo
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:23 pm

Any one hear from our little buddy yet?

Lee, glade to here you made it thru. Also glade to hear that Woody also made it.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby TomS » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:26 pm

He's probably without power. I can picture him eating everything in the 'fridge before it goes bad and washing it all down with luke-warm Bud.
Tom Swenson
[email protected]
TomS
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby purplepickup » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:49 pm

TomS wrote:WILMA SUCKS :thumbdown:

....Or does she blow? :eyebrows:

George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby madjack » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 pm

purplepickup wrote:
TomS wrote:WILMA SUCKS :thumbdown:

....Or does she blow? :eyebrows:

...that depends on where you are in relationship to where she is ********............................. ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Woody » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:15 pm

I am back and yes it sucked and blew at the same time
Woody
The Tear Jerker's, Florida Chapter Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Tear jerker chapter site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Check the SE section for gathering information
Tear Jerkers new site http://www.tearjerkers.net/forums/
Enjoying life in 12 ounce increments is what it's about
Woody