Obsessed

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Obsessed

Postby grantstew8 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:48 pm

My first td is nearing completion. My second is now on the "drawing board". The idea of a foamie and the flexibility of design is really appealing. I've been looking at tail- lights and I think the new mini tail lights look perfect for the new shape.

Mmmm I think I'm hooked.
grantstew8
The 300 Club

Postby rowerwet » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:32 pm

my obsession varies with the season or mood, teardrops to boats to pulks, then I have this wood burning hobby that keeps my house warm and soaks up time and thought as well. (ah the joys of ADD!)
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby working on it » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:57 pm

I have an incipient obsession to build either a CNC'd Foamie canned ham standy with cast-iron epoxied insulation (with solar A/C and white gas-fueled porta potty) -or- to convert a traditional Benroy Teardrop into a cargo toyhauling Roswell glamping vardo (with torsion bicycle suspension and Coleman DO ventilation). Ideally, I would like to combine the two designs into one...that way I could cover most, if not all, the obsessions shown on these pages (all of which I would like to try-except glamping!).
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 am

The problem is that even when completed there is, 'perfecting'. I am entirely satisfied with ours and there are only a couple of modifications that I am contemplating.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Roly Nelson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am

Obsessed, oh yes, I can relate to that! My latest Obsession has been endless sketches, six cardboard models, revisions and re-revisions to my latest teardrop project that is unlike my little Stacker, 3x3 levitator or the 1/2 Nelson Woody. This project is finally off of the drawing board, out of the cereal-box models and onto a newly-bought Harbor Freight trailer frame with all but one leaf spring removed, on a flipped axle to make it lower to the ground. Long steel members had to be drastically altered, cut and re-bolted, and a longer 2 inch square tube tongue installed. The standard square corners, vertical walls, flat roof and rounded corners have been eliminated and a monsterous, unblieveable difficult project was born. Oh well, I have nothing more important to do, so it keeps me out of the bars.

How can a trailer be built that has no visable framework, no standard TD lines, no doors, no openable windows or roof vent, no rounded front, no visual wheels or fenders, visable galley or hatch lid, a hidden tongue and absolutly an unbelieveabl non/teardrop-looking shape, ever be considered a teardrop trailer? Well you'll see, if you attend the Shasta Gathering next Spring. Remember, it must sleep 2, have a galley and not be tall enough to stand in. Sp it qualifies, and that is what counts. Oh what a job, I gave up a number of times. but now I must finish it. Lets see all that is left to do is fiberglass plywood joints, spackle, sand, paint, license and road test it!

This slick little monster has a 7 ft 6inch bed, that is 4 ft wide, is over 4 ft 6 inches high and has a tongue weight of only 50 lbs. Total weight is estimated at below 400 lbs and will slip through the air with unbelieveable ease and may attract much attention from the drive-bys. The question of aeorodynamics in a teardrop trailer has now been solved, without any further review, hands down. If anyone is interested in catching a glimpse of the future of slip-stream teardrop trailering, just attend the Shasta Gathering and check it out. No, it is not for sale, and will probably end it's life as a chicken coop behind a garage in another 50 years or so. Too Bad, So Sad......Old Dad! Hmm, I have a feeling this may be the last one out of the box, unless I live to be over 100. See ya there.

8) :? :( :R :worship: ;) :thinking: :thumbsup: :FNP Roly, thinking again out of the box........See ya there.
See the little 1/2 Nelson Woody constructions pics at: http://gages-56.com/roly.html
Roly Nelson
L'il Ol' Woody Builder

Postby rowerwet » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

no build thread? quit teasin'! now I'll be all in suspenders... :bowdown:
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dangofaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:04 pm

working on it wrote:I have an incipient obsession to build either a CNC'd Foamie canned ham standy with cast-iron epoxied insulation (with solar A/C and white gas-fueled porta potty) -or- to convert a traditional Benroy Teardrop into a cargo toyhauling Roswell glamping vardo (with torsion bicycle suspension and Coleman DO ventilation). Ideally, I would like to combine the two designs into one...that way I could cover most, if not all, the obsessions shown on these pages (all of which I would like to try-except glamping!).

Lol, to NOOB this barely looks like English! !!
Dangofaster
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Off Topic